Cannot download .zip files

I have discoverd that Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2003, will
not allow me to download .zip files. The entire email is
also not returned to sender and seems to be held in queue
somewhere. I can find no helpful information through
WinZip. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the
same, or similar, problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank
you in advance.

R.L. McGahan
Ten Forward Communications
360-457-9023

0
rick6861 (1)

Outlook, all versions, download .zip files just fine.  I suspect that you
have a third party program such as McAfee installed that is iintercepting
the mail and not allowing it to go out.  If you have a mail scanning AV such
as McAfee or Norton installed, try turning off the mail scanning and see if
it works.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After scratching one's head,
R. L. McGahan <rick@tenforward.com> asked this group:
| I have discoverd that Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2003, will
| not allow me to download .zip files. The entire email is
| also not returned to sender and seems to be held in queue
| somewhere. I can find no helpful information through
| WinZip. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the
| same, or similar, problem? Any help is appreciated. Thank
| you in advance.
|
| R.L. McGahan
| Ten Forward Communications
| 360-457-9023

0
MillyS (3228)

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

central storage of .pst files ..
Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to store users .pst files , in such a way that which ever pc a user use on the network, their .pst is the same file & thus the emails are always there ? a way seems to me is anyway to deploy a customized package on all pc's that automatically maps that fileserver location for each users individually . input needed thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:09:59 -1000, S t i n g r a y <sting@youbastard.com> wrote: > Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to > store users .pst ...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...

File/Send/Page by E-mail; File/Send/Link by E-mail links grayed ou
win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. When In IE8, I try to send a link via email I am not able to; as the menu options are grayed out. What is the solution to this with only WLM installed. "JoKing" <JoKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD4C8C2-E373-488D-BE7C-30E00FE3F398@microsoft.com... > win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build > 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. > > When In IE...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

creating an changing a picute file in RW
Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture file for the signature. We want to change the signature on these checks. This leaves me with a few questions: Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new signature? Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file? Is this easy to do? Lastly, this is something I inherited. It seems to me that having the a signature image so readily available is a huge risk. Is there an easy way to lock this down and minimize this exposure? Thanks. -- Jim Hi Jim, ...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good
Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you were currently typing in the index box. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Unhide a File
Recently I mispalced my flash drive. Today I got a new one and started to copy the files to the new flash drive from where I had backed them up on my hard drive. Instead of moving the one folder with all the files in it, I opened the file and did Edit - Select All. A message came up saying something about there were 2 hidden files that wouldn't transfer. Then I did a Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders - Apply and viewed the files that were hidden. They were Word docus that I had created and stored on the flash drive. I do not remember hiding these f...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

How to combine a couple cells into a BIGGER cell before saving as a DBF file?
Hello. I don't normally use Excel or any spreadsheets but need to convert some XLS data into a dbf format. Problem is that some of the info in the spreadsheet runs over a couple cells and I want to be able to copy those 3 sells into ONE data file MEMO field. How do I combine these together without having to retype all the text into one cell. BTW, I can Email you a small XLS to illustrate what I mean as if you can understand my ? you are a EXCEL GURU. Thanks. DeWayne dchiass(at)telus(dot)net Use a formula like this =A1&" "&B1" "&C1 replace with your ...

export graph as a picture file
i would like to save a graph in excel as a bitmap or similar, preferbally through Visual basic code. Ne ideas?? Cheers Robert --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Robert one way to save the file as GIF Sub SaveAsGIF () Fname = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif" ActiveChart.Export FileName:=Fname, FilterName:="GIF" End Sub Change the FilterName according to your needs HTH Frank > i would like to save a graph in excel as a bitmap or similar, > preferbally through Visual basic code. > > Ne i...

How do I create a " .mny " file
1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another computer ???? Can I use a Flash Drive ???? 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to Money 2007 ???? "JOEY" <JOEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:176AF91E-81AC-4CD1-8578-72B31641F9FE@microsoft.com... > How do I create a " .mny " file In Money, File | New. > 1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another > computer ???? Not sure what the question is here? > Can I use a Flash Drive ???? Sure. > 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to...

Outlook 2000 to 2003: Using old pst file
I recently bought a new computer and have installed Office 2003. I think I must have started Outlook and created a personal data file before copying the pst file from my old version of Outlook (I think 2000) into the Outlook 2003 folder. In any event, I have two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003. Following instructions regarding using old pst files ("Reconnect your old Outlook data file" located at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98), I have tried renaming the old pst file by right-clicking its Personal Folder icon, going t...

to Brian Tillman re: outlook express transferring files
I have read a few responses from you regarding tranferring files from your old computer to your new one. I don't quite understand how to do this. I'd like to transfer my emails, contacts from old computer to new one. Please explain how to do this in detail step by step if possible. Thanks Mark ...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Page Number's for multiple files
I am using Publisher 2000. I have created a book with multiple chapters. I have saved each chapter as a separate Publisher file, as they are large files. I am now trying to number the pages. If the first chapter is numbered 1-10 for example, how, in the second file, can I have the page number start at 11, instead of 1? Thanks! Amy I answered my own question! But since I know that I search the newsgroups all the time, I'll post what I found in the microsoft.com knowledgebase: "Starting Page Numbering at a Number Other Than One To begin numbering pages at a number other...

Linking to Excel files
I can't use the "get external data" menu choice to link to or import an Excel spreadsheet. The Excel file type is simply not available. All I can link to are the various types of Access database(s). This problem started after I thought I had a virus and removed some files following advice from Microsoft. Since then I've been unable to link to or import these types of files. I've tried reloading Office 2000 but nothing seems to do the trick. Anybody got any ideas? Regards when you get the window that has your files listed you need to click on the down-arrow ...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...