Cannot delete Sent Items #2

I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder.  Basically
everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete.  I get an error
message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

I've restarted and still get the same error.  I even restarted the computer
as well.

Anybody got any ideas?

thanks,

Richard

0
rslay (1)

Are you able to right-click on an individual email and delete it?

Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode and then deleting the sent items:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm

If you're using a PST you could run scanpst against it, because perhaps the
PST has an error in it:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aboutpst.htm

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Richard Slay" wrote:

> I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder.  Basically
> everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete.  I get an error
> message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
> If the problem persists, restart Outlook."
>
> I've restarted and still get the same error.  I even restarted the computer
> as well.
>
> Anybody got any ideas?
>
> thanks,
>
> Richard

0
KOrland1 (1012)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

Item wise balance in Pivot Table
I want to get item wise balance in Pivot Table, I tried to enter formula in pivot table and it works but whenever the new item insert it does not show and I have to copy formula for each item, can anyone help me Thanks in Advance Abdul Samad abdul.samad@siza.com.pk ...

Rule for Deleted Items

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

Referring to Names #2
Hi Frank I'm looking for something that's easy to copy across. Say column A contains an alpha and columns B to X contain variou numerical values with range created names of Bdata to Xdata. I'm wondering if there is any way of writing the formul Sumif(Alpha,A,Bdata) by referring Bdata to a cell reference instead o using the term "Bdata" itself, so that I can change the cell and brin up the relevant result. Hope this makes sense Timmy Ma -- Timmy Mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

Sent mail issue.
I have had several Emails bouncce back to me that I have not sent. The last one stated that a file (which I could not locate on my computer) was infected with the W32.Netsky.D@mm virus. I could not find the virud either. I have checked my "sent" items list. And there is no record of any of these Emails being sent. Does anybody know what this could be? It is someone who has your address that is infected. Trying to pin it down is next to impossible since these viruses spoof the sender/header/and domain. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Conditional Formating #2
Good morning to everyone. Does anyone know if Conditional Formating have an issue in the charts? i have make text boxes which bring values from another sheet and i want to show the figures inside as green when i have an improve or red if i have damage. Any suggestions? Ps I am using EXCEL XP edition Regards Bill Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart You could change the formula, to calculate if an amount is greater or less than the previous amount. Bill wrote: > Good morning to everyone. > >...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...

How to delete chart

Problem with OAB #2
After the migration of Exchange 2003 server, users began to get error reports "Microsoft Exchange offline 0X8004010F". OAB Version 2 and other site folders were not properly replicated from previous server and now these folders have replication status "data not available". I've tried to recreate site folders (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822444) but it doesn't solve the problem. Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...

Delete blank Last page

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...