Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN

Hello there,
I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how
many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I
always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be
connected to complete this action....
I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with
the same mailbox settings .

Any ideas please?
0
aris474 (3)

are you inside the network or trying to connect for the first time over the
internet?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"aris474" <aris474@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
> I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter
> how
> many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I
> always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be
> connected to complete this action....
> I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine
> with
> the same mailbox settings .
>
> Any ideas please?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Activating Office 2007. How long?
How long can I activate Office 2007? My computer might break down in 5 years. Then I will buy new hardware and wish to install my spare Windows XP and my spare license of retail Office 2007 (because I am used to them): Will I be able to activate them at that time in the future??? And if a PC fails in 5+ years why would you then want to install a version of windows, which has currently been superceeded by Vista & now Win7 Assuming the world still exits in 5 years time I suspect that MS will also "officeuser53" <officeuser53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How can Outlook be reinstalled on XP
Working with XP Pro. User was using only Outlook Express and deleted every file relating to Outlook. Now they want to install Outlook and there is nothing to be found. How can Outlook be reinstalled? Thanks Outlook or Outlook Express? For Outlook; insert the Office CD For Outlook Express; reinstall Internet Explorer 6 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robert" <Robert@donotspam.com> wrote in message news:u4ckZYyfEHA.904@TK2MSFTN...

How do I uninstall Outlook 2007
I downloaded and installed Office 2007 SBA and it installed everything, but I didn't want Outlook as I use Windows Live Mail. I went into Control Panel and thinking there would be a "repair" option, but was just presented with the dialog "are you sure you want to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007?" and was afraid to click Yes because I only want to uninstall Outlook, not the whole thing. Can someone tell me how to uninstall just Outlook? Thanks. I posted this same message on 03/31/2010 but cannot find it and no one has posted any followup. Thanks in a...

Outlook express rules into outlook
Hi, I'm a long term user of Outlook Express, mainly for its ability to handle news as well as mail. Its message store as little flaky, to say the least, so I'm attempting to migrate back to Outlook for mail, I'm intending to try to use Windows Live Mail for news, since it seems to have a more robust message store. I've imported my Outlook Express accounts, messages and rules, after a fashion. The rules do not seem to have survived the import unscathed. I have many rules of the form: If 'from' contains 'address' OR If 'to or cc' contains 'addr...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Outlook 2002 DRAGGING!
I am running windows xp and outlook xp (2002) on a dell inspiron laptop. I use the information store on the exchange server and SYNC before leaving for the deay. Over the last 24 hours I have run into extremely slow sluggish message reading, clicking between messages, etc. I have restarted our exchange server but that didnt seem to cure it. What issues should I look at in outlook to see if my information store is up to snuff? chaz ...

Both Office 2003 and 2007 Programs Freezing
I am having problems with both Office 2003 and 2007. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled both programs and I am having issues where ALL of my programs freeze when I try to use them. Right now I have Office 2003 Student & Teacher Edition installed and am using Windows XP Professional on a Dell Latitude 630 with 2MG of RAM. Any suggestions or solutions? Is there a reason for installing both? Whats the current state of play, are both installed? "Jack De Luca" <JackDeLuca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FA2E54-F33B-4B95-A889-F2A1E...

Outlook 2003 changes to Outlook bar
Hi I have the following script that adds a shortcut to the companies phone directory to the "Outlook bar". This works with Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP but with Outlook 2003 it fails. It gives me "Object Required: ol.ActiveExplorer". I have tried to debug the script (obiously slightly changed so it works within the Visual Studio) but still cannot see why this is the case because ActiveExplorer object exists in the Outlook Object browser. I was expecting the error with "Item("OutlookBar")" as the Outlook Bar has been changed/merged with the folder lis...

Money 2007 Delux stops working when updating
I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe since its release with no problems. Suddenly last week it stops working whenever I request it to update my accounts. If I do not force an update to the accounts - it works perfectly fine and will download transactions every 24 or so hours. I've read a number of posts with people having issues when the program opens - I don't know if it's the same issue. Still, I've reinstalled the software, closed modules, changed my start page and removed online services for ING Direct (an issue in and of itself). Is there a fix out ...

Microsoft Outlook Express #3
I am having a weird program with Outlook Express. I use Roadrunner. I have two computers networked. When I try to read my e-mail I have different e-mail on each computer. For some reason all of my e-mail does not appear on both of the computers. It is frustrating to have to open Outlook Express on both to see all of the e-mail. This problem started occurring after I had to have the hard drive reformated on one of my computers. I have Internet Explorer 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2) on both computers. Can some one tell how to fix this problem. I have installed all the updates on both compu...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Exchange Migration to another domain
Hello, We need to migrate everything from one domain to another. Old domain is based on win2000 and Exchange 2000. New domain has new win2003 domain controller and it's also Exchange2003. I am trying to use ADMT 2.0 and it's working fine for moving user accounts, servers, but can i move mailboxes and public folders? It did not work for me. Is there document describing moving Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 in another domain? Thank you -- Ilya You are doing a Inter-org migration so you'll need to use the Migration wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328871 Nue "ILYA...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Moss 2007 won't crawl WSS 2.0 managed paths
I'm trying to crawl some WSS 2.0 managed paths from Moss 2007 search. I have the following crawl rules setup in Moss: http://rootsite/* http://rootsite/apps/* http://rootsite/projs/* The http://rootsite gets crawled, but not the managed paths. I've tried everything I can think of to get Moss to crawl the WSS 2.0 managed paths. Is there some kind of configuration setting on the WSS 2.0 site I'm missing to enable the managed paths to be crawled? ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Outlook 2000, doesnt get email unless you *open* an email
Weird issue, Only happening on one machine. Outlook 2000 in a windows 2000 domain, exchange server etc. Mail works, send recv button doesnt seem to do anything, tools send / recv does nothing as well it will sit like that for hours, if I open an email or an attachment, the new mail comes right in. It then goes back to not getting any mail I played with settings, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted mail profile, created new one, rebooted etc I'm at a loss, any ideas? Thanks in advance -Ron iasonn@gmail.com <iasonn@gmail.com> wrote: > Only happening on one machine. O...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Microsoft 2007 Access
Please help. I am trying to convert my access from 2000 to 2007 and running into two problems so far. first is that i am told that the gotocontrol on a macro to go from a form to a subform is no longer available. what do i use? how do i get around this? second the field in my main table is called letter and is what is unique to all of my tables. when i try to access a client's info from a form that opens a clients subform - I am told that error 2538 has occured and that this letter field could refer to more than one table listed. and then error number 2950 appears. any ideas? ...

Outlook freeze by starting a LDAP search
Hello, I have a Problem with the qcslapd sample or Outlook 2002\2003. In Outlook I configured the qcslapd server as a directory-server. And when I open my Outlook address book now, it build a connection to my qcslapd server and starting a search with filter (objectclass=*). And a fiew seconds later, I see in my debug log that all entries are sending successfully (about 10 Entries). But Outlook hang on and shows nothing. A Timeout or a error message doesent apeear! This phenomen is ONLY occurs in outlook! It works fine with all other LDAP-Clients eg. Mozilla-addressbook, LDAP-Browser or the mic...

Outlook client sync problem
We have been running CRM 1.2 for over a year now and I have a new problem suddenly crop up. A remote outlook client that has been successfully syncing over VPN for a year or more now gets an error when he tries to go off-line. The message is: Cannot open user default database, login failed. What is more curious is data that he recently put in shows up on the main CRM server but no longer shows up in his copy while off-line. When he goes back on-line, the data is there. Goes back off-line, error message appears and recent data dissapears again. Behind the message, it appears to be ...