Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003

If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an
error message:

"Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create
file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your
permissions for the folder"

On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote:
> If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an
> error message:
>
> "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create
> file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your
> permissions for the folder"

I would like to add the link:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm
as very useful - it did clear out the error message.

Nick

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

creating a visio 2003 button add-on using VSTO with Visual Studio
I need some guidance in creating a button (to perform an action) on a visio toolbar or menu when visio starts up (code to be placed in the start up sub of the add-in), could someone help in directing me to a good source on how this may be accomplished or provide some basic code for a start. using Visio 2003 professional, windows xp. ..NET framework 2.0 The code below has steps i think is involve, but please confirm if i have the correct approach. This was a test to disable a menuitem. Thanks. Dim menuUIObject As Visio.UIObject Dim menuMenuSets As Visio.MenuSets D...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Make Outlook Express default mail server
I have been using Outlook Express and like it fine. I updated virus protection and clicked to have Outlook as my default mail server--not realizing that Outlook and Outlook Express were different. How can I get Outlook Express back as default? -- Kathy Salem, OR Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ktfern asked: | I have bee...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Lotus 123 files
Hi everyone, I'm trying to open a Lotus 123 file in Excel 2002, that a person emailed to me as an attachment. I get the following message: "Cannot open Lotus 123 file." Does anyone know if Excel 2002 can open Lotus 123 files? If so, is there a conversion utility? Thanks in advance, Joe If you know someone with a recent version of 1-2-3 you can ask him or her to open the .123 file and save it in .WK4 format or .XLS format for you. Otherwise I think your only option is to get Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Jim >-----Original M...

error on outlook express #3
when I send messages in outlook express like letters and small attachments it work fine , but when sending attachments like videos I get the message (Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'toot tone', Account: +++++++++++++++, Server: ++++++++++++, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F) Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supp...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration issue
After the migration, some of the distribution lists do not show in the AD. Other distribution lists and all mailboxes are working fine. Please advise how to fix this issue. Thx! -jesk On 4 Oct 2006 23:01:57 -0700, "jesk" <coocoonut@hotmail.com> wrote: >After the migration, some of the distribution lists do not show in the >AD. Other distribution lists and all mailboxes are working fine. >Please advise how to fix this issue. Thx! > >-jesk Some did and some didn't? So, that's a factor of the Active Directory Connector. You'll need to check the ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Access 2003
I maintain an equipment inventory database in Access 2003 with just a handful of tables and several regular queries. Each piece of equipment has a unique 6-digit asset tag, and that field is the primary key. No two records can have the same asset tag. Periodically equipment gets replaced, and I am looking for a way to do the following when replacing multiple pieces of equipment. 1. Multiple asset tags would be entered into a form or table. Their corresponding records would be found in TABLE-1 2. Certain fields of the records found would be appended to TABLE-2 showing them as having been repla...

Meeting room booking conflicts in Exchange 2000 \ Outlook XP problem #2
Hi, We have a Citrix based Windows 2000 domain, running Exchange 2000 server and Outlook XP client. Meeting rooms are booked in our organistaion through an Outlook calendar (one for each room). This is done in the following way: The user creates a new appointment in Outlook The 'add others' buttons is depressed. Users are invited via the address books 'required' and 'optional' buttons, while the room is selected through the 'resources' buttons. The user pres...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Outlook 97
I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving Outlook 97. I know the EmptyTrash key for Outlook 9.0/10.0, but how it works in Outlook 97?? I haven't used OL97 in a gazillion years, but I know in later versions there's an option to automatically empty the deleted items folder on exit - check in tools | options? Sorry I don't have the program here to check. Thomas Schuy wrote: > I need a tip / Utility for a way (registry hack) to set > Outlook 97 to automatically empty deleted mail by leaving > Outlook 9...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Printing a pdf file
If I create a document at home using Publisher 2007 with a specific font style, and go to work and try to print it there when the Publisher 2007 installed at work does not have the same font I have at home, will it change my font style, and if so, can I save it as a pdf file and still be able to print it at work without having the font style changed at work. I prefer the font style I have at home, but I have to use the work printer which prints huge posters. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Glory If you (or a...

Backup program that doesn't change the file structure
Not sure if anyone or myself asked this before but I'm looking for a backup program that will copy and update modified files to another location without putting them in some proprietary file format. ntbackup from XP makes some file called .bkf and other programs seem to create their own type of files. If I have 300 files in 22 folders that I'm backing up from drive C: I want to see 300 files in 22 folders in the backup location after its done. Is this even possible? Basically a mirror of the existing data. "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wro...

Outlook Express asks to enable cookies
I tried to configure Outlook Express to a Hotmail account but it asks that cookies be enabled. Cookie setting on Explorer ias set Low. Also unable to access Hotmail through web page or MSN. Does anyone have an idea where the problem might be? Steve wrote: > I tried to configure Outlook Express to a Hotmail account > but it asks that cookies be enabled. Cookie setting on > Explorer ias set Low. > > Also unable to access Hotmail through web page or MSN. > > Does anyone have an idea where the problem might be? Hotmail access via anything but the Hotmail webpage is bei...

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

hotmail/outlook 2003 error: 0x800CCC3D 'Unimplemented method'
A couple of days ago I started getting an error message in outlook2003 when attempting to send/receive from my Hotmail accounts. Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC3D) : 'The server reported an internal error.The server responded 'Unimplemented method'. ' I'm not unable to send or receive hotmail message, nor can I delete existing messages. I tried removing the accounts from Outlook then linking them back in but this didn't resolve the problem. I also tried running the Detect and Repair function and that didn't...

Organization of files
In the next several weeks, I expect to complete my first windows application, built primarily with C++ in MFC. I will have hundreds of image files across various categories by subject matter, and probably several thousand small, compressed audio files organized in a number of ways. By nature and profession, I am very organized. But I need help in understanding what factors to consider in regard to using multiple folders in my release directory, and how to decide what resource files to possibly include in the exe itself. Is there such a thing as too many files in one directory? Is i...