Cannot access macros, security settings or VBA editor in OL 2003 #2

Hello all,

I've run into a problem on 3 separate machines (of 75) where the user cannot
access the macros, security settings or VBA editor in Outlook 2003.  The
menu items are there but clicking them has no effect.

Researching this on the net there are various options.  I've tried the
detect and repair office and fully uninstalling and reinstalling Office to
no avail.

If I delete the user profile from the machine, and recreate it, or logon as
another user,
it starts working again.

Does anybody have any ideas, I'd prefer not to have to go round each machine
and reset the profiles, reinstall printers etc. if I could find out why this
is happening?

Many thanks,
Boxington

0
Boxington

Hiding macros in macro popup window
Hello, Is there a way to suppress display of procedures in the macro window the user can run from the Tool menu from Excel? I can't make the subs private since they are in a general module and called from worksheet event procedures. Regards PO 1. Add "Option Private Module" at the top of the module or 2. Add an argument to the subs... Sub ValuableInformation (ByRef blnDummy as Boolean) End Sub Of course, then all calls to the sub would require an argument. or 3. Add an optional argument... Sub ConfusingData (Optional ByRef blnStuff As Boolea...

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

easy way to do a simple macro?
Hi I want to make a couple of easy macros, ie delete files from one folder, then paste into folder from another. I know nothing about macros, is there not a simple way of starting macro, then doing the movements you want, while macro records them, similar to excel. thanks tim Correct. Outlook has no macro recorder. It does, however, have an = extensive object model and detailed help files. Plus, there are hundreds = of available code samples on the Internet and tutorials like those at = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vb.htm#tutorials . I've seen people pick up = the basics in a v...

Enable Macros & Disable Insert from code
Hi, 1. How to enable macros from the code? 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Giri 1. You don't, otherwise what would be the point. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Giri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762f01c430fd$42f491c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1. How to enable macros from the code? > 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? > > Any help ...

Excel Row to Access Columns

EDC Verification #2
I have successfuly installed EDC on one of my POS stations; credit card tendering and settlement is successful. Upon installing EDC on another POS station using the identical information as the first, I get "Validation Error 326: EDC verification is not enabled in administrator." I have done this 3 times to no avail. Any sggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Tom Make sure you are logged into Windows as an Administrator when you make ANY changes in SO Administrator. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------...

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Access

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Macro Help
I have this simple function to capture back ground color of a cell. Function BGCol(refRange As Range) BGCol = refRange.Interior.ColorIndex End Function I want to convert this to an array function where that array can store colorindex for all the cells in a specified range and then i can use it in a sumproduct formula to fins cells with a certain color. Any help or direction appreciated. Best, RK Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html, that is exactly what I do there. -- HTH Bob "rk0909" <rk0909@discussions.micros...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

setting a range dynamically
Hi there, Is it possible to dynamically set a range of cells in code. eg instead of Range("A2:E11").Select Selection.Copy Can I set the 2 and the 11 dynamically, something like dim i, j i = 2 j = 11 Range("Ai:Ej").Select Selection.Copy which obviously doesnt work Thanks Stevi -- Stevie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- StevieH's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m96 View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/t301312 range("a" & i & ":E" & j).copy or range(cells(i,"A"...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...