Cancel read receipt #2

Third attempt - thanks everyone, but I know how to turn
read receipts off (which I've now done).

The problem is that I sent a read receipt on a message
which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support
send (POP3 only, no SMTP service).  Outlook 2003 is
continually trying to send the receipt via the service on
which it arrived (and therefore continually failing).  As
the message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any
ideas how I can get rid of it?

0
anonymous (74717)

Read Text from WOrd
Hi, I have written a code to convert word file to text and store it in the database. I am using the below code to open the document but the code completely hangs there. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong? oDoc = oWordApplic.Documents.Open(ref fileName, ref missing,ref readOnly, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref missing, ref isVisible,ref missing,ref missing,ref missing); Regards Sunil The first parameter expects a file path. How are you 'reading from the database'? -- Vapordan ...

Can't install Pub2002; error 1305 'cant read mspub.pub
I got a new computer w/XP. I'm trying to install Pub2002 but about 1 minute into install get error message 1305 and "Can't read files\windows\shellnew\mspub.pub. I've cleaned the disk and tried to reinstall numerous times. I've never Any tips? THANKS! OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You Install Office XP or Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321339&Product=offxp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "zo...

Has email been read
is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using the return receipt option or recalling the message? thanks No. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fe101c3be6c$8f470ed0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to tell if an email has been read w/o using > the return receipt option or recalling the message? > > thanks ...

Backup process sets file to read only
When I do a backup from Money 2004 Deluxe it tags the resultant backup file as read only. This is fine the very first time the backup is made; however, on subsequent backups, the application hangs due to the write protection. If I make sure I clear the read only attribute prior to backing up, it works fine. Anyway of not having money mark the backup file as read only? You should NEVER EVER use the same file for backing up. Use a cycle of media and file names. I use "yyyymmdd Backup" as my filenames. You can do this by checking the "prompt me" box in Tools > O...

Crystal Reports #2
Is there a way I can see what I can do with Crystal Reports to get better reports? You can pretty much do anything with crystal reports. However there is a bit of a learning curve to overcome, and it may take some time to generate the report you want. ALso, you may want to take at the new SQL reporting tool that gets shipped with SQL server. It may be able to generate all the reports you want also. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way I can see what I can do with Crystal Reports to get better >reports? > > >. > We are using the SQL reporting tool and it ...

Access Violation... #2
Hi, I have a structure in my CDXEngineDlg.h: typedef struct tagTRIGGER { char TriggerName[32]; char TriggerCondition[256]; char TriggerAction[512]; } TRIGGER, *LPTRIGGER; class CDXEngineDlg : public CDialog { // Construction public: // ... TRIGGER g_Triggers[32]; // ... } Ok now everything works just fine until I try to pass the g_Triggers variable to another dialog. For that I created in my other dialog a function called PassData that gets a pointer to my CDXEngineDlg and save it for futur access. Codes in CTriggerEditor.h: class CTriggerEditor : public CDialog { DECLARE_DYNAM...

Read receipts #3
Hi, I don't want the Outlook to send read receipts I checked the option "Never send read receipts". But it looks like it sends them, regardless of the option I chose. (I can see that by watching Norton AV sending the receipt) Why does that option not work? Thank you in advance Adrian ...

Pasting an excel chart with fill effects into word (both 2002 SP-2 versions)
I am having problems copying/pasting excel charts into a word document. The problem is this. I copy an excel chart to the clipboard. I then open the word document and paste the contents of the clipboard into the word document. I use "Edit - Paste Special - Bitmap" This pastes the excel chart into a table cell in the word document (which I manually resize at a later time), but the problem is that I lose all of the color attributes (the chart converts from color to black&white). Why can't I paste a color object into word? I noticed that if I return to the excel ...

Reading from resources
C++, MFC Hi, I put an *.rtf document into resource and I would like to read it into a RichEdit control. Is ther eany example for it? I could not find itn in MSDN documentation. Thanks, Lubomir I did a FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, wrote the contents to a temp file, and then directed the input from that file. joe On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:36:07 -0700, "Lubomir" <Lubomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >C++, MFC >Hi, > >I put an *.rtf document into resource and I would like to read it into a >RichEdit control. > >Is ther eany example...

Was Myst Technology 2007 ORS add-in cancelled?
An Element K course book calls for the Myst Technology ORS "FindWhatORS" service to be added to the Research Task Pane. The add-in cannot be found. Was this service cancelled? ...

Analtical Accounting Query #2
Hi Any one can send the query to get the periodic balance of dimentional accout or pls send the table name to get the transaction amount. Othere wise any report to get the dimentional transaction summary. ex DimA/C Code - (Dedit-Credit) 400 - 1000 400-01 - 500 400-02 - 250 400-03 - 250 400-03-01 - 100 400-03-02 - 100 400-03-03 - 100 400-03-04 - (50) Regards Nizham ...

Stop users from disabling read reciepts?
Hi We are using outlook xp, not on an exchange server, and some people here request read reciepts internally for important emails etc.. but some of our users have found out how to easily stop their outlook from sending back read reciepts, then just denying they have recieved certain emails! is there any way of setting this centrally so they can't stop outlook from sending back reciepts? , or can i lock the setting in outlook or the registry somehow? or maybe control it via AD? thanks Chris ignore that, found a .adm plugin for AD! "Chris" <chris@chris.com> wrot...

Contacts question #2
Is there a way to creat a field in outlook that has the same type of setup like the annivesary field that puts a reminder in the calander. What i woudl like to do is in a particular contact i woudl like to ad a date field called Purchase date. Have an outlook calander appointment reminding me of that. ...

2 gigabytes of mail on my personal home computer
i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run slowly under outlook. what should i do? will archiving reduce my .pst file? how can i make my 2003 outlook run faster. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:41:02 -0800, "Paul Sandoval" <Paul Sandoval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate >after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run >slowly under outlook. what should i do? Wel...

Service Pack 2/ MSDE port usage
Since installing service pack 2 on 1 of my network work computers it now refuses to talk to any other network computer. The file sharing I can fix easily. However, Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine (MSDE), cannot respond to any calls. This is because the program cannot open any ports out of the system. Does anyone know what ports the MDSE uses? I need this information so that other computers can access the database on this server. Thanks How to configure Retail Management System for use with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) 8/11/2004 8:00:12 PM 8/4/2004 9:09:08 PM Article ID On ...

How do I read and write on a scanned document
I often scan documents or recipes into Word Doc. How do I change the text from read only to read and write? Thanks Are you scanning them as pictures or using OCR software? HASJ;574310 Wrote: > I often scan documents or recipes into Word Doc. How do I change the > text > from read only to read and write? Thanks -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid...

Investment Transfer #2
I tried to transfer an existing investment to an existing account. The actual transfer took place a couple of years ago and I never changed it in money. I did the tranfer and all appeared good. I did have to redo my transactions that happened since the actual transfer. However, when i go to the performance screne in portfolio, My data doesn't match what it used to be. Basis is off. It appears to ignore the data previous to the transfer. All transactions do show in the account. In microsoft.public.money, drbauer wrote: >I tried to transfer an existing investment to an existing ac...

2 Designers
All, how would you handle having two persons who work on creating/designing/editing a DB? TIA FYI I'm not in this situation but just in case. Simultaneously or consecutively? If simultaneously, one approach might be to allow both to open the same file, but the first one on an object will 'lock' it from the other. If consecutively, you'd need a way to ensure that PersonB doesn't start until PersonA is done ... that's a matter of communication. There are tools that help with the communication ... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

Cannot schedule resources in Exchange. #2
Hello. Recently, when I try to schedule resources through the calendar they are not able to do it. They have a "No Information" bar graph through all time slots. How do I get rid of this? I can't seem to find anything on this and I need to be able to schedule these resources whenever I need to. Thanks for the help in advance. Mike ...

Budgeting #2
Anyone know how to creat a budget for only 1 account? Sounds trivial but, I don't think Money can budget just one account???? yes. mark only that account as a 'budget account' What version of msmoney are you using? Tim "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710e01c3e6ef$d5008860$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to creat a budget for only 1 account? > Sounds trivial but, I don't think Money can budget just > one account???? ...

Identity Switch Cancelled
Everytime I start Outlook I get an error popup that says. "Identity Switch Canceled. The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again." I found this Knowledge Base Article but i cant figure out what they are wanting me to do??? Please Help here is KB Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 224463 Ross, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the si...

Calculated Field based on 2 Running Totals
I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio 1 How about a little more detail. "InfiniteJoy" <chris.damsgard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:052eeb76-4ca7-42a4-9952-390fedb4a2a7@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: > > Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio > 1 ...

I want to put in 2-2 in a box in excel but it aoutomatically chan.
Enter it as '2-2 or format the cell as text. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ME" <ME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5937DDB8-0628-4C0E-AA91-DEE076DF9172@microsoft.com... > ...

Backup file #2
How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? Thanks, Tom Try Tools - Options - Save. This will automatically save a copy of your file every x minutes to the directory of your choice. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote: > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? > > Thanks, > Tom Do I need to set up my file to always create backup? Does this...

Reading XP generated publisher document
How would I go about open up a publisher doc that was sent by someone using Publisher XP. I am currently running Pub 2000. The Message I get when trying to open it is: Can not read this version Thanks Hi John, You need to have the person who created the Publication save the file as a Publisher 2000 file. Have them go to File>Save As and change the file type to Publisher 2000. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >How would I go about open up a publisher doc that was sent >by someone using Publisher XP. I am current...