can you create a msg file without outlook installed ?

Hello:
I am look for a vb dot.net solution to create a .msg file on the fly (on a
server) without having to have outlook installed.  The .msg files will be
placed in a Document Management repository. Since this is running on IIS7.0
I need a pure dot.net solution.
Thanks

GADOI

The msg-format is described here;
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc463912.aspx

There might be some 3rd party libraries for this. You might be better of
asking this question in a developer newsgroup own the hall. They all start
with outlook.program_

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"GADOI" <support@oci.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
> I am look for a vb dot.net solution to create a .msg file on the fly (on a
> server) without having to have outlook installed.  The .msg files will be
> placed in a Document Management repository. Since this is running on
> IIS7.0 I need a pure dot.net solution.
> Thanks

Roady

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Manually creating a replica
I have followed the article on TechNet on How to Manually Create a Replica but I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I'm experiencing is normal. At one of my sites, I have about 500MB of data that I would like to protect. I have followed the steps to manually create the replica but when I start the consistency check, the consistency check transfered all 500MB of data that I already imported! Did I do something wrong? I thought the purpose of manually importing the data is so that the initial replica doesn't go over the WAN. Thanks, Mike Ok. I figured out wh...

Can not Customize Leads View

Outlook Today #43
How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? And where do I find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I first start Outlook) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: > How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us > And where do I > find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I > first start Outlook) Click the root of your data store (the one with the "Outlook Today" icon of t...

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

How can I rename a database table?

Bugs worked out with XP SP2 and Outlook?
When SP2 just came out, one functionality that existed in Outlook 2003 (while using Word as e-mail editor) didn't work anymore, the icons (in Web Tools toolbar) that allowed embedding of sound, video, and marquee text in e-mail. I wrote about that problem here, and there was a response that that is a known bug, that Microsoft was working on. Has there been a fix for this yet, either through a SP2 update, or an Outlook 2003 update? Are you running Windows XP SP2? I think that is what has broken it (or an update to IE). It's broken in Outlook 2003 too. " MS" <ms@nospa...

Can (or how can) I do this

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...