Can't set up HTTP account!!

I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their
old computer they were able to view their Charter
Communications email account through Outlook.
I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it
won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank.
What am I doing wrong??!!
P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft

Thanks,
Locke

User denied access to reports after account name change
We have several users who have gotten married which has led to their account name being changed. Now the can not run any reports, they get an access denied error. The reports are being run in SharePoint integration mode. The data connections are not using "Windows authentication (integrated)" mode. All other users are fine. Any ideas? Hi I am not famililar with reports that run in SharePoint integration mode, perhaps SharePoint persmissions are the issue. "Rincewind60" <Rincewind60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:584868...

Set up second POS. Urgent!!!
Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an error as following: " A software license violation has been detected. Register 1 is already active" I think the license we bought is good for two locations. Really appreciate your help. If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you should be able set up the 2nd register by: 1. Go into store manager on the working regi...

Multiple e-mail accounts with OWA
When using Outlook 2000 I can check multiple user's e-mail accounts (that I have set myself up the rights to do so) by adding them to my folder list. How can I do this with OWA without logging into OWA multiple times with each account? Thanks! epigram <nospam@spammy.com> wrote: > When using Outlook 2000 I can check multiple user's e-mail accounts > (that I have > set myself up the rights to do so) by adding them to my folder list. How > can I do this with OWA without logging into OWA multiple times > with each account? Since OWA is just a web view into you...

Word 2007 automation
Hi I need to insert some HTML-styled text into a Word 2007 document. As far as I know you cannot directly insert HTML into Word, because it needs to be converted first. So I save the HTML as a temporary file and use InsertRange to insert it into my document. Here is my code: string TempFileSaveDir = "c:\\word"; private void InsertHTML(Document pDoc, string pHTML) { Guid _guid = Guid.NewGuid(); string _fileName = TempFileSaveDir + "\\" + _guid.ToString() + ".html"; TextWriter tw = new StreamWriter(_fileName, false, Encoding.UTF8); ...

how can I download a file attachment in my hotmail account
"charlene" <charlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF1E6A2B-AE72-47CF-ACF0-BC963F42C2B4@microsoft.com... > ...

Set default stationery with VBScript
Hi all, Is it possible to set the default stationery for a user with VBScript? In Outlook 2003 this option is located under Tools, Options, Mail Format, Use this stationery by default. The message format is left at it's default: HTML. When setting up a new user we already copy the company Word templates to the user profile with a VBScript script file and it would help if we could include this Outlook 2003 setting in the script. Thanks in advance, HJ ...

What is the best way to set up an auto response
What is the best way to set up an autoresponse without using the Out o Office reply? Does this need to be set on the client or Microsof Exchange server? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com thanks a lot for responding....du ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com Hey, this is a peer-to-peer forum...you get what...

Account and Contact on One Opportunity
My sales team needs to know both who the Account is as well as who the primary Contact is for an Opportunity. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to have two fields on the Opportunity form to handle this, what is the recommended work-around? I can think of two: 1. Add an attribute and text box for "Account Name" to Opportunity that's filled in when Opportunity converted from Lead. 2. Write code to dynamically look up Account Name from selected Contact on Opportunity form whenever it's displayed. 3. Just fill in the Account name in the "Topic" field when...

Excel2007 -- Precisely set plot area size?
I've searched books, Microsoft Help, and this board to find out how to precisely resize the plot (not the chart) area and cannot find any information. When I select the plot area, and change its size by entering heigth & width values in the Size and Properties dialog box (Chart Tools Format tab --> Size group) the chart area size also changes. I do not want the chart area to change. How can I set values for the plot area and for the chart area independently of each other? Thanks to anyone who can help! Hi, There is no, or has ever been, a UI which will allow you to spec...

I can't get the emailaddress of an account
I'm creating my own pages. But with the <attributes-all> The e-mail of the account does not exist. How can I get the e-mail of an account? First, make sure you're using <all-attributes> or the specific email address you want. Then, if there's a non-NULL email address in one of emailaddress[1-3], you'll get it back. If they are all NULL the platform won't return the empty elements. "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote in message news:e3JzmsuGEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm creating my own pages. But with the <attribut...

Export/import of computer accounts
Hi everybody, If I have a little local network with just one "old" DC (DC = domain controller) "Windows 2003 server" with theses features : - DNS name of the domain : yourcenar.local - DNS name of the DC : srv.yourcenar.local - NetBios name of the domain : YOURCENAR - IP : 172.20.0.2 Let's suppose I want to install "new" DC in a new computer with exactly the same features (the same OS, the same dns name, the same IP etc). Of course, first I turn off the "old" DC, and secondly I install the "new" DC. Then, I create t...

Two accounts at one brokerage
I would like to have both my accounts at my brokerage download transactions. Right now, it only lets me set up one account. Why? Thanks If both accounts are linked at your brokerage company then you should have no problem. I have about 5 different accounts at Schwab and they all download properly. -- Neil "Globfly" <Globfly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD558BC0-F7D8-4DD9-B3FC-5504F0C816C7@microsoft.com... >I would like to have both my accounts at my brokerage download >transactions. > Right now, it only lets me set up one account. Why...

set-up assistant fails
Installed Office 2008 successfully on 3 of 4 computers. The 4th computer appeared to install successfully, HOWEVER, the set-up assistant fails every time I attempt to open any of the Office apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, restarted the computer and restarted Office. None of these helped. Any suggestions? Thank-you! I suggest that you tell us what version of Computer and Operating System you are using. Otherwise we can't answer :-) On 5/03/08 4:19 AM, in article ee8fabc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "txtwinmom@officeformac.com" <txtwinmom@officeformac.com>...

when exporting a budget to excel, the order should be by account
It looks like the default sort order when exporting to Excel is by Account Index. This is meaningless to users. The sort order when exporting a budget to excel should be the account number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busine...

RPC Over HTTP/S
I have more problem to connect my client outlook to exchange server in rpc over https configuration. I have configured my server correctly (I have installe rpc proxy, configured registry key for valid port, configured rpc virtual directory for ssl connection) and i have tested the connection with http://exchange.mydomain.it/rpc and i recived the error 403.2 e next i have test the connection with folloowing address http://exchange.mydomain.it/rpc/rpcproxy.dll e i recive a blank page. This test means that my rcp configuration is ok, but my client outlook cannot connect with my server. I...

Interest from Investment cash accounts
I'm using Money 2004 and am puzzled by the fact that interest received from cash held in the cash portion of an investment account (shares) is not included in the returns shown for that account (and therefore the portfolio). Is there any way of making this occur? Thanks for any help. I suppose you could add a money market fund investment, use it instead of the cash portion, and do a 'reinvest interest' transaction regularly. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Maynard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208e01c4a8dc$cc092780$a301280a@phx.g...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

Account not linked to budget
I have a checking, savings accounts (banking type), a credit card account (credit card type) and 2 cash accounts (cash type) all attached to my monthly budget. I also have 2 different Line of Credit accounts (liability type) that I can not seem to attach to my budget. If I write a check for something from one of the Line of Credit accounts, the payment and category is not recorded in the budget. When I edit my budget and choose "accounts included in the budget summary", the 2 line of credit accounts do not show up. Any ideas? Have I chosen the wrong account type for these...

CRM report Error - Account Overview
Hi there, Is it possible if anyone could help me with the following problem.The Account Overview Report does not appear for one of the clients. When the report is opened the following error message appears: Error: Subreport could not be shown. Any ideas? Thank you in advance Lebo ...

Advanced find: Account and Campaign Response relation NOT found??
I would like to find out the Accounts which have Campaign Response (interested) of a Campaign using Advanced Find and add them into a Marketing List, and then send out Confirmation Letter to those Accounts via another Campaign Activity. However, I cannot find out Campaign Response in the "Related Field" of Account. Pls help. Thanks and regard, Gary Try looking under Campaign Responses first instead of Accounts. The related item might be Activity Party or just Party. I started to try to work out a query but it's late and my mind got warped :-) "garychick" &l...

Form set the Visibility of a Label in a Report?
I have a form, if a person puts a "y" in the Jean Field I want to store that info until the person finishes filling out the form then clicks on a Command Button to open a Report/Letter. When that Report/Letter is opened, if there's a "y" in the Jean Field I want the Jean Signature label to be visible in the Report. It has a default of another name label visible, with the Jean one defaulted to not visible. People can do the Report without the Jean label, so I can't just tie that command to the 'Create Report" button... unless it can check and ...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Can I set cores on my print spooler?
Hi All, On WS2003, can I limit the number of cores the print spooler uses? Many thanks, -T ...

Set up a single page to print a chronolgy of sheets printed
I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological order) each time that particular page is printed. Are you trying to increment a particular cell's value or to increment the page number, or to only print a number, and not the sheet? "srfr808" wrote: > I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological > order) each time that particular page is printed. ...