Can't see contents of Public Folders

I just tried to copy over my public folders to our new
exchange server.  I right clicked on them, went to
properties, replication tab and added the new server.
Then I right clicked on the top level folders and went to
all tasks, Propagate settings.  Now my users cannot see
the contents of there public folders!  PLEASE HELP ME!
Did I miss something!

0
anonymous (74722)

an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders 08-20-04
I installed microsoft CRM 1.2 on a windows 2000 advanced server which is just a member server. I have a windows 2000 DC and I have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client software installed on another server. But whenever I launch outlook the program comes up with this error "an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders" Pls what could be the problem. Thanks ...

Mail folder fonts for received email
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received emails listings, not the font of the message? I know how to change them individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING. When I make a change, it only affects one folder, not all the others. Should this be changing all, not just the current one? -- Neil Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it available to all mail folders. Then when you go to each folder, set that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Public Folders Backup
Hi. Exchange 5.5 - Server NT4 - Arcserve 2000 - All latest service packs - I need to copy the contents of the Public Folders only from one server to another. The second is an exact mirror of the first. Apart from replacing / restoring the files from the backup tape, what else do I need to do to mount the store (start the services). With thanks. Colin These type of tricks is difficult with Exchange. There are several ways to do that: restore from online backup (requires identical org and site names), copy data using Outlook via .pst, establish replica on second server (requires serve...

MAPI error when editing Public Folder permissions from ESM on a Wr
If you install ESM, follow it with SP2 on a workstation, and try and edit a public folder's permissions, you get a MAPI 1.0 error. To resolve this, I had to execute setup off of the original CD, tell it to Change/Remove the ESM, then reinstall the ESM off of the CD. It will say you have to reinstall the service pack (but you can't). ESM will then let you edit the Public Folder permissions. It was such a pain I thought I'd share the experience. ...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

How can I automatically put downloaded mail in a folder based on .
I would like to direct all mail from my hotmail account into a singl folder when using outlook 2007 Any Ideas -- Rick W You can use the Outlook Connector for that or configure Hotmail via POP3; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/332 If you are going for POP3, you set your delivery folder for the Hotmail account in your Account Settings. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

News Messages
Is there any way to save a newsgroup message in an Outlook folder with OE as the newsreader? I tried dragging it from OE to the selected Outlook folder but Outlook would not accept it. if outlook connects to an IMAP mailbox, create an imap account in OE and drag messages to it. Otherwise, create a 'news archive' folder in OE and export it to OL every so often. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions C...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to delete a personal folders in OUtlook..
For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas on how to get rid of one? Ignore this please, found the answer in the KB by rephrasing my question.... >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the other. any ideas >on how to get rid of one? >. > please ig >-----Original Message----- >For some reason I have a duplicate 'personal folders' in >my folder list. One seems to mirror the oth...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Denied Public Folder Access
I'm having issues accessing the public folders for our site. We did not start having issues until we decommission one of our servers. We had two exchange 2003 servers 1 std and 1 ent running at the same time. We had planned a slow migration of email accounts, we replicated the public folders and everything was running fine. After we moved all the remaining mail accounts over to the 03 Enterprise exchange server, stopped relication and performed all the other applicable steps when turning down an exchange server I started having issues accessing the public folders. I have read m...

make my callendar public
How can I make my calendar public? I want everyone in the company to be able to see my calendar. Like public folder. Thanks, George Right click on your calendar, properties, permissions. If your admin has set up an "all staff" group (any dist. group w/all users as members) you can add it rather than individuals (much easier). Give this group or the users the rights you want - reviewer=read only, etc. Then they can go to file | open | other user's folder - choose your mailbox/calendar. George wrote: > How can I make my calendar public? I want everyone in the company to &g...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

Read count wrong on Public folder
Hi All I have a Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp1 enviornment and one of my users with Outlook 2002 when they access a public folder there message count is wrong. I have completely removed all msg in the public folder but their Outlook still thinks there is one msg in there. What might be causing this issue. Thanks in advance. On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:43:02 -0700, Mike Moore <MikeMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All > >I have a Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp1 enviornment and one of >my users with Outlook 2002 when they access a public fold...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Exchange Public Folder Replication
A bit of a long post - recommended only for the strong at heart, and those with considerable more Exchange experience than I, and two other Exchange admins ( a combined 20 years or so....) Made recent changes to our environment (significant). Here's the before and after: Before: Single exchange server - Win2K3 SP1, Exch SP2 all patches. Built as SP1 about 2 years ago, upgraded to SP2. SMTPGW in DMZ receives e-mail for domain.com and forwards to Exchange server. Exchange server is set up through ISA to provide OWA, OMA/ActiveSync and RPC over HTTPS. Public folders in use by several...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

how to retrieve deleted folder
hia can anyone help! i accidentally deleted my local folder form the screen. has anyone got any idea where it has gone and how to retrieve it!?!?. many thanks,hopefully. angus. ...

Public folder email
I use public folders as moderated email folders that send email out to a distribution group. For some reason, the emails that get sent from that group appear to not show who they are from when viewing the sent email in the System Manager Message Que. The message only shows <>. Is this normal? When these emails get sent out to a distribution group, a number of them stay in my que when they should be going to AOL and Pacbell email addresses. What should I look for and how can I determine why these messages are sitting in the que? On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:58:03 -0700, Leni1 <Leni1@...