Can't save attachments to server

One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003
Two problems have started.
1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get a
message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first and
then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with windows
clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that
server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving the
attachments.
2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already
running it will not open the attachment.

Not sure if all this is an Office or an XP problem. Ideas appreciated.

0
carol4285 (2)

You need to determine if this is machine-based or profile-based. If you log
into her PC, do you have the same issue? Does it happen to your user if she
logs into another PC?
--
K. Orland
Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form

"Stitchy" wrote:

> One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003
> Two problems have started.
> 1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get a
> message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first and
> then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with windows
> clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that
> server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving the
> attachments.
> 2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already
> running it will not open the attachment.
>
> Not sure if all this is an Office or an XP problem. Ideas appreciated.

0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/8/2005 8:40:07 PM
This is profile based. If I login to her machine - no problems
If she logs into another machine, no problems

She can attach an Excel file (on the server) from Outlook but not a Word
file
She can double click a Word file on the server and it will open
She cannot use File Open from within Word and pick a file on the server

What gives!!

"KOrland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You need to determine if this is machine-based or profile-based. If you
> log
> into her PC, do you have the same issue? Does it happen to your user if
> she
> logs into another PC?
> --
> K. Orland
> Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form
> habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny
>

> "Stitchy" wrote:
>
>> One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003
>> Two problems have started.
>> 1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get
>> message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first
>> and
>> then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with
>> windows
>> clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that
>> server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving
>> the
>> attachments.
>> 2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already
>> running it will not open the attachment.
>>
>> Not sure if all this is an Office or an XP problem. Ideas appreciated.

0
carol4285 (2)
7/12/2005 10:22:44 PM
I'd be tempted to delete and recreate her Outlook profile:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/newprofile.htm
and if that doesn't work, I'd think about deleting her NT profile on the PC.

--
K. Orland
Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your

"Stitchy" wrote:

> This is profile based. If I login to her machine - no problems
> If she logs into another machine, no problems
>
> She can attach an Excel file (on the server) from Outlook but not a Word
> file
> She can double click a Word file on the server and it will open
> She cannot use File Open from within Word and pick a file on the server
>
> What gives!!
>
> "KOrland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You need to determine if this is machine-based or profile-based. If you
> > log
> > into her PC, do you have the same issue? Does it happen to your user if
> > she
> > logs into another PC?
> > --
> > K. Orland
> > Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form
> > habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny
> >

> > "Stitchy" wrote:
> >
> >> One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003
> >> Two problems have started.
> >> 1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get
> >> message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first
> >> and
> >> then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with
> >> windows
> >> clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that
> >> server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving
> >> the
> >> attachments.
> >> 2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already
> >> running it will not open the attachment.
> >>
> >> Not sure if all this is an Office or an XP problem. Ideas appreciated.

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Uknown error on send attachment.
I have a code in a form command button and a module code to send attachments like .pdf, .doc or other besides an .snp report that is exported previously, but the code does not work, I can't find the reason, can you please take a look at it and advise?.. Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.. Form Code ======================================== Private Sub sendreport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_sendreport_Click If Me.[Path_Loc1] <> "" Then 'Declare file path Dim strfile As String strfile = Me.[Path_Loc1] 'save report as Snap Shot before sendin...

eservice portal on server 2008 #2
Hi I'm running the CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 on a Server 2008 64 bit. I'm trying to install the eService portal on the same server. The problem starts when the IIS site is created. I have the CRM on default site http port 80, so I use host header name (eservice.domain.com) on the site for eService. When I try to display the new portal site, this error appears: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format." From other posts, I think the problem is due to the server 200...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

blank attachment received
we are using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 for both user, One user sent email to the 2nd user, insert an email item as an attachment, when the 2nd user open the mail item attachment, everything is blank, the sender/receipient/CC/Subject/Body message are all blank. anyone can help me to chase out this issue ? server is running Macfee Group Shield plus antispam, but if the server block the attachment it should inform the sender ot receipient, but nobody receive alert message. regards Steve Just stumbled on an odd possibility while researching this issue: User had an auto-for...

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

fax server???
is it possible to make one computer in a network a fax server using win xp, office 2003, and fax/modem. So other computer on the LAN can send and recieve faxes via the modem. If so how to configure windows so other computers can find the fax printer etc.. The Windows XP fax is not shareable. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Ivan asked this group: | is it possible to make o...

Opening Attachments
I am having a problem opeing attachments in email message in Windows Live Mail. According to the instructions you should be able to right click on the attachement and then click on Open and it should open. When I do this nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? It happens with all types of attachment files, pdf, doc, xls, etcl Thanks for any help on this. RB That should work. What happens if you double click an attachment? Also look at Tools (ALT+T), Safety Options, Security. Uncheck the Do not allow attachments to be opened ... -- Mike - http://TechHelp....

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

Saving default tabs

VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application
I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm trying get it to work on Server 2008 and it's not working. The service calls shell to run another VB6 .exe program. This .exe program is not being called when the VB6 service program is run as a service. If I run the program as an application, it works like it should. Obviously, something in 2008 needs to be changed to allow this but I don't know what it would be. sr Steve Ricketts brought next idea : > I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm...

Listing Attachments
I would like to be able to insert a list of the attachments for an email, within the email body, so that a recipient can be sure that they have received all attachments. This will also be of benefit, so i can print the email and show a list of the attachments that I have sent. I have seen this done with emails that have been sent to me, but I cant find where to do this in Outlook. Can you help? Outlook does not have the ability to insert the names of attachments in all message formats. You will have to specify the mail message format prior to sending in order for the recipients to ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

2nd Exchange Server to Add
We are a small company that has Exchange 2003 Server (one only) with an associated MX record (obviously), but we plan on adding a second Exchange 2003 Server. The purpose of this 2nd Exchange box is to migrate off all users from the first Exchange 2003 box. While I install and configure the 2nd Exchange 2003 Server, will the first Exchange server FORWARD the mail to my 2nd server - if I migrate user account/mailboxes to the 2nd Exchange server? I want to wait at least 2-3 weeks AFTER I move all the user mailboxes off the 1st Exchange - I just want to make sure I get the mailflow from...

Outlook 2003
Hi all, we've recently migrated to a new exchange box, but some accounts on the terminal server are still pointing to the old box. Is there a microsoft tool or supported way of changing this without us manually having to have users contact support to change the setting manually? thanks Outlook will correct itself as long as the old server is still up. Other than that and since your looking at a TS, is there a reason why you need to keep their OS profiles on the TS? or another way of looking at this, if I was a brand new user logging onto TS, how is my Outlook profile b...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...