can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis

can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis
0
MFG (1)

MFG wrote:

> can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis

You don't respond to links.  You click on them.
Impossible to diagnose an non-described error message.

Usually you get one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
on (no details, no versions, no context), usually they will just move on
to the next post and never return to yours.  Go read:

What is Usenet:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
  http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
  http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

How to post to newsgroups:
  http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
V4521 (722)
7/18/2008 3:55:19 PM
This maybe?
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"MFG" <MFG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can't repsond to links in email - get an error to see the adminis

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Rules in Error: You don't have the appropriate permission.?.Outlook 2003
I have created several rules to permanently delete mail with certain characteristics. It was fine for a few days. Now I am getting the following pop up box: "Rules in Error Rule: Prescriptions (example of many) You don't have the appropriate permission to perform this operation." It has done it on several of my permanently delete rules. I'm sure it's a security issue. I'm running XP and am logged in as Administrator. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Bulk contact email changes
Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? Thanks in advance, Dean Dean Dummitt wrote: > Say I have 100 contacts from the same company. The company changes > names and their email address changes too. Is there a way to do a > find/replace in contacts or similar so that I can change the > @companyname.com in all the contacts automatically? > > Thanks in advance, >...

Change link between form and subform

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

linking #4

Add "Send Email" to Marketing List member views
This feature not being there is a fairly significant missing feature in the system. -- Nick ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cc08d83f-e13c-4bd7-9e05-ddcf4a...

Allowing one email
I have setup a PC to do a certain job in my company. I am using Outlook Express 6 and would only like one particular email address to be received. I have the same account setup on another PC but for this one, I only want my coworkers to see an email from particular email address. Is there anyway that this can be done? ...

Linked Forms

Email forwarding #2
Is there anyway to get your outlook emails forwarded automatically???? Hi! Microsoft Outlook, not Express? 1). Tools\Rules and Alerts... 2). Our Redirect add-in (www.mapilab.com), it redirect email and new recipient will receive the full copy of message, including internet headers and the same sender as in original email. > -----Original Message----- > From: Jason [mailto:Jason@nts.uk.net] > Posted At: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:46 PM > Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook > Conversation: Email forwarding > Subject: Email forwarding > > Is there anyway to get your ...

Links not linking

Copies of all Emails
Hi All: The Management (law firm) would like to have copies of all e-mails send and received from all users in the company to be send to a specific email box, Is it possible and how do we do it. Users can be aware of it. Thanks JBM In news:12fbodoli7h8ub6@corp.supernews.com, JBM <JBM@nowhere.com> typed: > Hi All: > > The Management (law firm) would like to have copies of all e-mails > send and received from all users in the company to be send to a > specific email box, Is it possible and how do we do it. Users can be > aware of it. > Thanks > > JBM Hi...

Parse Email to the CRM system
Hi, I've just setted-up our CRM system and in order to automate the orders I was wondering how to parse the information comming into an email to an new order? I was thinking about two possible strategies; * Parse email (comming from online shop in every desired format!) and automaticly fill out a new order. * Addapt our online order form on the website (have to be php, html or something, NO ASP) so the order can be created directly . In don't know if there's a sollution in the two above strategies... Hope someone can help me in finding a solution! The second option seems my...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

error message
Message: An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network connection. Do not understand why I get this message when I open Outlook Express 6. I have a cable connection and I am not on a network. Please explain. Thanks. Please follow up with your original post in the OE6 newsgroup. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joni" <me@spanfree.com> wrote in message news:%23Z6FSDKxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Message: An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network > connection....

Aliases not receiving email
Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email aliases. MX records are all correct, email goes to the default email address as defined within in Exchange System Manager, but not to other aliases assigned to that user. We are getting the error message: server respnose: 550 <user@domain.com> No such user her in). The domains are all different: user1@domain1.com; user1@domain2.com, etc... Any suggestions? On 19 Jul 2006 10:02:53 -0700, staceman3@hotmail.com wrote: >Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email >aliases. MX records are all...

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

3 Different Errors from same NG
Just started doing this about a week ago: 3 different error messg. on "ANY" NG I attempt to post to. My ISP says "Igot NO idea. any direction would be grea Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'test', Account: 'gamenews.vr1.com', Server: 'gamenews.vr1.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 Posting not allowed', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error Number: 0x800CCCA Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Test', Account: 'news.charter.net', Server: 'news.charter.net', Pr...

Multi Terminal Linking
When I have a seperate Front end for each computer and one Backend located on the server, how do I link all of the seperate front ends to the server backend? Do I do each machine seperately? Thanks DS Make a frontend that links to the backend and install a copy of that frontend on each computer. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "DS" <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote in message news:RUxFi.96$hX7.29@newsfe12.lga... > When I have a seperate Front end for each computer and one Backend lo...

Log Errors BCP
Hi. I am using the BCP utility to import more than 10,000 files using the following command for %%f in (D:\Ixport\*) do bcp db.dbo.tbl_file in "%%f" -c -T -t\t -r\n Is there any method to log the text file name or row which have errors while importing. Regards, Muhammad Bilal On Sat, 1 May 2010 15:01:01 -0700, Muhammad Bilal <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >bl_file in "%%f" -c -T -t\t -r\n Hi -e will log the failed rows, you could use something like: for %%f in (D:\Ixport\*) do bcp db.dbo.tbl_file in &qu...

Invalid dynamic link call to a .DLL file?
When I open a Word, Excell or any file from an e-mail attachment I get this message: PROGRAM ERROR: Your program is making an invalid dynamic link call to a .DLL file. Why does it do this! ...

Error Message in Windows Mail 06-24-10
I am still having problems sending mail. I am now receiving the following Error Message. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Practice on Wednesday', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I cannot send emails out, when I do there is no content and it stays in the outbox and has not content. I can recieve emails and ...

http link for cases
I was trying to create an email template for a case and in that email I wrote the link to open an existing CRM case http://localhost/cs/case/edit.aspx?id= and tried to insert the case Id (IncidentID field) this field wasn't available in the list of fields given . I don't understand why ? Is there a way to have this functionality sending an email (Activity on a case) using a template email which will include the link of that case so the recipient can view that case ???? This will not work If you try to send emails to internal users you cannot use slugs to specify fields...a sl...

Embedding a link to a local document in an email
I'd like to send an email to a distribution list on our domain (MS Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory) and include a *link* to a Word document that is on a shared volume on the local domain. Everyone maps the shared directory to Z:, it's our place for local file serving. I want a user to be able to read the email, and click the link to open a copy of the Word document. I would rather *not* have to attach it to the email sent to everyone on the list, but that is just one reason I need this solution, there are other reasons. The question, then, is: Is there a way to acc...

Links in Excel
Hi, I am doing some work in Excel that will eventually be saved to disk and used on an entirely different pc. There are several spreadsheets with various links. What I've noticed is that the link contains the full path to the link, e.g C:\documents&settings\me\mydocuments\excel\..." etc. etc. Now I presume that when these files are copied to disk, it's not going to magically change the links to read correctly. I've tried manually editing the link and removing all but the file name that it links to, but it automatically reverts to the full path. Would apprec...

Significance of SOP-POP Link
What is the significance of the SOP-POP link once the order has been fulfilled? Is it intended to only be a temporary vehicle to facilitate the transfer of the actual fulfilled quantity? If I have to delete the link to cancel remaining balances on the sales and purchase order am I giving up reporting and audit trail capabilities? ...