can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe

Hi,

   I am using outlook 2003, and  my outlook have some problem its having 2
GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error
that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST.
 Please help me to get off this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Balaji.k

See if the info here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

"balaji" <balajek_hwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

>   I am using outlook 2003, and  my outlook have some problem its having 2
> GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error
> that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST.
> Please help me to get off this problem.

0
vince8328 (2733)

Excel file association
Hi, I am still unable to open the file from explorer/shortcut after trying these (by the way - thanks) ================================================== Mj wrote: > > unable to open xls file from shortcut or explorer > > will only open from withing excel > > I have changed the options / general / ignore other apps > > still the same issue > > thanks in advance ========================================================== Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Butt...

Unable to delete file
Win XP Pro SP3 I downloaded a data file which I knew was a picture. Copied it and changed the copied file extension to jpg so that I could see it. I now cannot delete the original file. The properties of which say : Type of file: File and Size : zero bytes The error says "cannot read from the source file or disk" The filename ends in a dot which seems to be significant, why is this and how can I get it off my desktop. Google did not reveal anything specific. I actually struggled to form a sensible question ! TIA "joe" <joe@ebox.com&...

how to aviod outlook pst file created locally? #4
I am using postfix as MTA and storing pst file on server. But everytime there is a network problem (ie. disconnect), outlook will create a new local pst file(coz it can't find the network path to the pst file). Because of that i had to manually go to reconfigure the default delivery to the correct path (after network back on line). I just want to know if there is a way to aviod outlook to not create a pst file while user still able to open outlook? Or is there a way to allow outlook automatically look for the pst on network (when LAN connection resotre)? Its a pain to manually re-configur...

#value appears when file sent to another user
I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external workbooks. When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value error, however when I open the file I don't get this error. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it? Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Each recipient will have to make this change. simmerdown wrote: > > I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file wi...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Outlook .pst and backing them up
I'm so confused after reading everything about .pst files and backing them up. I need clarity please. I had 1 pst and just did an archive - so then I had 2 files. I renamed the "archive" to something else, like a read somewhere and that left me with 3 files. I have my .pst set up to get email from 2 different companies I work for and have a bunch of subfolders for each to organize the email. Should I have TWO .pst files, one for each? Or should I keep what I have but archive them separately? Can I do that? How does that work, will they end in blocks...

Outlook repair
I have Office 2000 on my computer and the Outlook application ahs been damaged when a virus invaded my machine. As a result, I am not able to use the email portion of Office which would be very helpful to me. As an alternate, I have been using Netscape. The Office SW was loaded on my computer by my previous employer. When I left that company, I requested that I be given my computer and the related SW. I have a signed note from the CEO transferring all the hardware and SW to me. However, I do not have the CD to reload the Office SW to repair the damage portions. Is there a way t...

excel file can't be opened #2

Duplicate Files Created
Have a user who is working on a spreadsheet. When she saves her changes, and exits out of the spreadsheet, it creates a duplicate file. It is an unassociated file, but it does open with Excel. Are you sure it's an exact duplicate??? When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename the funny named file to the original's name. Common things that get blame...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

.pdf file not working in UserForm
SITUATION: want to place a .pdf file in a UserForm so when a user clicks a CommandButton in a worksheet, the UserForm comes up displaying the .pdf file and the user can scroll through the pages. WHAT’S BEEN DONE: 1. UserForm3 created. 2. Adobe AcroPDF1 control inserted/confirmed in UserForm – from Toolbox. 3. CommandButton1 inserted in worksheet. 4. The following code inserted in Module1 [thanks go to Jacob Skaria on MSDN]: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "S:\.........\DTM-09-007.pdf" [the ...

PST file won't open #2
I reformatted my hard disk and saved (exported) PST files before doing so - but now office 2003 won't reload the PST folders on my CD rom. I saved them first to the desktop of course. Outlook tells me the file is not a personal folders file even though I can see the PST extension. It simply refuses to open the old files even though I composed them as an exported file from outlook 2003 before reformatting the HD. I tried pstscan.exe and various proprietary recovery tools with no help. I am running win XP as well. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks - F Did y...

How big is your money file?
Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not go over? Tod DeBie wrote: > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not > go over? My current is about 10 meg. I suggest you may want to archive some of the older data as Money does slow down with larger files. -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit My file is about 50Mb. I have not found a compelling reason to archive. -- "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uIadnRGTE_ZYzQbfRVn-uA@comcast.com... > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is th...

outlook.pst file size
Hi Folks, I am having trouble deleting things from Outlook 2000. If I look at my Outlook.pst file, the size is 1,329,856 kb (pretty big!?). If I move some sent items to a folder on another drive - say I move 40 megs of files, check the Sent Items folder and confirm that they are gone, check Deleted Items and make sure that they are not there. Log out of Outlook and back in and look at my outlook.pst size, it does not change - still 1,329,856 kb! It continues to grow with every email that I send and receive. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help. Ken Peoples Best regards, Ken...

How do I decrease the file load time in Publisher 2002?
Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an integrated video card. NexusITG <NexusITG@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a > 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an > integrated video card. a) Create smaller files b) Copy the files to your local disk and edit them there. Opening Publisher files across a LAN connection is a recipe for disaster....

Query XML file
hi guys I'm new to XML. I've publish XML to Web Server. Now I want to query specific information. Pls tell me the most easiest way to do that. second Is there any way to secure online XML file. If yes pls inform me. thanks ...

compact and repair through a VB code
Hi, I have a probem that my database canot be compacted and repaired while it's being used by users,so i'm trying to write the below code on the on time event to do compact and repair at 2:30 am when all users had already closed the application,but i get a message that says that i cannot compact and repair my database through a VB code or through a macro,instead i should go to toos>dtabase utilities...ecc. do suggest something? If Time() > "2:30:00 AM" And Time() < "2:30:06 AM" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase End If U�ytkownik "...

PST Backups
When using the tool Microsoft offer - pfbackup.exe, has anyone experienced any problems i.e. it not picking up all of the pst's listed. I have reinstalled, moved pst's to a different location, repaired outlook. I am at the end of my tether . Or is there another solution for people who use laptops and need to access their pst's daily whislt offline but at the same time need to back them up. ...

Repair Install..
When I built my current computer, the one I'm using to post this message, I bought duplicate parts and built a second computer. For ease of discussion, the original computer is #1 and the second computer is #2. I have cloned the two hard drives from #1 and put them into #2. It works but there are some hardware differences between #1 and #2 so #2 wants to be authenticated, etc but I don't want to do that. I want to be able to use both computers. If I buy Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 OEM can I use that disk to basically install that version onto hard drive #2 w...

need help with web statements & ofc files
I have been using Money, various versions, for several years and recently began to have some problems getting my transaction histories online. In the past I went to my bank site and saved a ofc file for each of my accounts and Money would immediately import it into the proper account. While using Money 99 it began that I would try to save the file and a window would flash on the screen, as it did in the past, but nothing was imported. I have recently upgraded to Money 2004 and hoped that the problem was that my program was outdated, but, of course I was wrong. The only way I ca...

Automatic naming of files
Is it possible to automatically assign the text in a particular spreadsheet cell to the file name when Saving or Saving As? Hi Alan, Yes it is with VBA, for example Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Activesheet.range("A1") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alan Dresch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9b0301c3eb08$1de1f840$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automatically assign the text in a > particular spreadsheet ce...

Repairing One File That SFC Could Not Repair
Question: How do I get a file not repaired by System File Checker from a Vista DVD and put it back on the Vista tree? Cannot find the file on the DVD. Background: I had rare problem with Vista (clean installed 3 months ago, after 28 months of the original installation working). My hard drive is probably nearing life end, but there are only a few bad sectors (and only because HP Pavilion notebooks are NOTORIOUS for overheating and reducing drive life). System Restore did not work: it stopped for hours at the "initializing" phase at EVERY restore point, and...

Use of old PST file as Outlook2003's default mail delivery
Hi; I copy an Outlook2002 PST file on a machine to an Outlook2003 on another machine and am setting it as Outlook2003's default mail delivery. But, the setting doesn't work. The error message sais that it requires only the Unicode format and request disable its OST file. Does Outlook2003 accept only Unicode PST for its default mail delivery? I am registered and can see myself on author's list. But I can't login and can't create new threads. Why? -- Hajimu Taskahashi You state pst, but then go on to mention ost Are you using Exchange? "Hajimu Taskahashi"...

PST File #2
Is there anyway in the PST file to have auto archiving turned off completely? Even better if I could disable it. Also the variable "ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=FALSE", if I change that to TRUE, will this update the default profile, rather than delete the old one and recreate it? I.E. turning cached mode on (Not all clients have the cached mode part of the PST) and turn off auto archiving (If I can do that) Thanks, Andrew Here is our current PST file: ; ************************************************************** ; Section 1 - Profile Defaults ; ************************...