can't receive mail sent in HTML from XP to 2000

One of our user's is using Office XP, which sends e-mail
in HTML format by default.  The rest of his staff use
Office 2000.  When he sends e-mail to them in HTML format,
they get a blank e-mail.  We have switched his default
send option to Oulook Rich text, but would like to find
out why the HTML option does not work.  Anyone had this
happen?
0
jmant (2)

John,

On the Office 2000 machines please make sure Outlook 2000 is at SP-3 and
Internet Explorer is at 6.0 SP1.

Thanks,

--
Greg Mansius [MSFT]

"John" <jmant@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> One of our user's is using Office XP, which sends e-mail
> in HTML format by default.  The rest of his staff use
> Office 2000.  When he sends e-mail to them in HTML format,
> they get a blank e-mail.  We have switched his default
> send option to Oulook Rich text, but would like to find
> out why the HTML option does not work.  Anyone had this
> happen?

0
gregmans (163)

Need to Set CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP
I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier. I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP TIA Bob in Wisconsin Robert J. Stevens wrote: > I have set up a Mini Tower Using XP as a CD Reader/Copier. > I Need to Set the first CD Drive as "R:" can that be done under XP Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) Speci...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Pub Mail Merge
Does Publisher 2002 / 2003 version have it's own mail merge program. I use Pub 97 now and I always have to bring in a pub file into MS Word in order to mail merge. This means I need two software programs for one operation. Ron Publisher 2002 and 2003 have the same useless database as Publisher 97 has built in. Do you mean to say you have never found it in Publisher 97? Publisher 2003 has significantly improved the ability of the Merge and you can now merge multiple items and pictures on a page. ...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Tabbing to non sequenced cells in Excel 2000
Can I tab over to only cells that need info input, and skip over other cells? If you protect the worksheet that will happen. While holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse to select the cells you wish to tab through Select Format/Cells and unselect "Locked" on the "Protection" tab Then go into Tools/Protection and select Protect Sheet Now, if you don't use a password, anyone will be able to simply unprotect the sheet as needed and have the "tabbing" capability. "cwalton" <cwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1783FC04...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

How to send newsletter as HTML email
I can successfully create my newsletter in Publisher, choose to email it as a message, and it shows up perfectly in an email message. But now I have purchased an email program that allows me to paste in HTML to send to a large distribution list of subscribers. I want to copy my newsletter as HTML and send it via this program. I've tried saving the .PUB file as a single file web page (.mht file), then I open that file in my browser, view source, copy and paste the HTML code into my mailing list program and send it as an HTML email. However, when it is received in email, it is missi...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Adding highlighted cells only -Excel 2000
Anyone know if there is a way to add only cells that are highlighted? I would like to see quick sums of only the cells I have highlighted and hoping there might be a way to do this quickly and easily. I have to do this many times with various cells with differing number values. Thanks in advance K By "highlighted" do you mean colored or simply selected? If the latter, use the Sum on the Status Bar. If the former..................... You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells. Do you want to do that? See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with co...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

Track source of Netsky in mail?
Hello! I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 and 2003 with POP accounts from their ISP. They have about three users who keep getting Netsky stopped by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 8.1 on their desktops. They get at least a dozen a day on some users. Is there any way to track down the sending user or computer? I suspect it is not on their network, but possibly an unprotected home user with their address book. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill No, otherwise, this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

E-Mails Bouncing from Server
E-mails that are sent to one of my users bounce intermittently, however, they bounce with the name of another user, i.e., an e-mail sent to johndoe@mail.com bounces back with a reply, i.e.: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Technology Update Sent: 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jane N. Doe on 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <mail.mail.com #5.1...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

Keeping mail on exchange server
I have an email account on an exchange server. I like being able to manage it via the web so that i can check my incoming mail, sent messages and also store attached files for viewing at remote locations. I also would like to be able to use this account in Outlook 2003. Is there a way to use this emal account in outlook and not have everything downloaded that i want to keep on the server? That's the way it works by default. Just make sure that your default storage location (Tools | E-Mail Accounts | View or Change E-mail Account | Deliver new mail to...) is set to the Exchange m...

Sent Messages Stay in Outbox as Unread Messages (Outlook 2003-Exchange Cached Mode)
Hello anyone and everyone! I have had several individuals at my company have this happen. Although the mail was sent as it should be the message in question stays in the outbox as an unread message and doesn't ever get delivered to the sent box as normal. The individuals must move the message manually to the sent items folder. In one instance, I read an article about Outlook 200 regarding the message threshold for the sent items folder (16k messages) even though there was no where near that amount in the sent items (more like 500 messages) I just cleared a few out and sure enough it sta...

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...

how do I export an excel graph in the 2000 version?
Depends what "export" means. You can copy and paste a chart from Excel to most programs. Generally a Paste Special works best when you just want a picture of the chart in say a Word or PPT document. If you want the chart in its own file, paste to a graphics program and do a Save As And then there are macro solutions. Hope this helps; come back will more details if not -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE3E55A-1A62-4437-809E-99744CB6A96A@microsoft.com... > ...

Importing PST 2003 into Outlook 2002(XP)
This does not seem to work, is there a workaround FlopGu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message263775.htm Save your data in an "Outlook 97-2002" PST. Open that in Outlook 2002. Do not export. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "FlopGun" <FlopGun.zrkih@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message news:FlopGun.zrkih@mail.mcse.ms... > > This does not seem to work, is there a workaround ? > > &...

Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Closing Word 2000 from Access 2000
I'm opening Word 2000 Document from Acc 2000 Set WordDoc = wordApp.Documents.Open(stappname) With wordApp 'make the application visible .Visible = True 'open the doucment .Documents.Open (" " & strDocName & " ") and later the document and Word is closed: oDoc.Close wordApp.Quit) On the surface this is working fine, the document is closed and word is gone. But when having a look at the task manager, there is still a Winword service running. After opening ...

Access migration from 2000 to 2007
Can some one give me the list of things I need to keep in mind while upgrading my database from 2000 to 2007. I have lot of tables, macros, code modules, reports in my database, (one database for each year from 2005 to 2009). What are the areas that I need to more cautious on. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 I mean where should I start from? open exisitng 2000 databse in ACCESS 2007 and fix as I found issues? mls wrote: >Can some one give me the list of things I need to keep in mind while >...