Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.

Hi,

Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up.  When I Dismiss it I
get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears
again.  I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By
category".  I can't delete it or change the date in this view.  I just keep
getting the above message (see subject line).

I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but
neither work.

How do I get rid of this message?

I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have
different time zones).

0
no2594 (35)

E-mails ending up in the right mailbox
Greetings. I have the office using Exchange 2003. I have a couple of users that need to be able to not only view another user's mailbox, but they also need to be able to send/receive e-mail for both users they monitor, and the mail needs to go to each mailbox respectively. For example, I have an Admin account that also has a mailbox for it. When I log into Admin, I open Outlook 97, and from there I also have Admin2's mailbox open as well. I can send e-mail as either Admin or Admin2, and all replies go to the appropriate mailbox, so that setup works great. I have another situation...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Sent Items appearing in Inbox
Every once in a while, when I reply to an email, there is an alert at the top of my email saying: "This message will be moved to the inbox after it is sent" Then when I send it, instead of going to the Sent Items folder, it goes to my inbox. It doesn't do it all the time and I can't figure out what is special about the messages that it does do it to! I had found a message talking about checking in the IMAP settings, but I couldn't find where that was, and we aren't using IMAP, we're using POP3. Please help! Holley Mac OSX 10.4.5 Entourage v. 11.2.5 Well, ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Truncate field starting with location of specific characters
Hi, I need to truncate a field once a couple of special characters are found. For example, if the field stores people's names and if I find two consecutive dashes anywhere in the field (searching from left to right), I want to clear the contents of the field starting with the two dashes. Anything preceding the two dashes in the field will need to be preserved. Thanks! In VBA, it would be something like: Dim lngDashes As Long lngDashes = InStr(Me.Textbox1, "--") If lngDashes > 0 Then Me.Textbox1 = Left(Me.Textbox1, lngDashes - 1) End If In a query, it w...

INBOX: There are no items to show in this view
Hi, I have some users who were on an NT workstation using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 5.5 on our network. They received a brand new PC with Windows 2000 on it. When making sure their mail would open correctly, the messages in the Inbox are there but not viewable ("There are no items to show in this view"). They can view messages in any of the subfolders of the Inbox but not the Inbox itself as well as the Sent and Deleted Items boxes. They do not have any filters running. The only difference I saw was that one was using a Microsoft Outlook Profile instead of MS Exchan...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

Can't open file?
I installed Microsoft Publisher 2000. I have on my computer , files that I saved. When I open the file in Microsoft Publisher. It says it cannot open the file because it is a different version. I have right clicked, selected properties and I want to know what publisher file I saved it under. So is there a way to change the file to Publisher 2000 so I can open it. I have it on my computer. But I am trying to work on my friends computer. So I don't remember what file I saved it under. What is the best way to find out what file it is so I can open it and start working on Microsoft Pub...