can't open this item can't find this file make sure the path and file name are c

I have a couple of Outlook 2000 users that when they are
forwarded an email with a routing slip and they try to
open the emial they get the error - can't open this item
can't find this file make sure the path and file name are
correct.
They also get this error when they receive and email from
our Voicemail server with the voicemail as an
attachement.  If they receive an email with any other
attachement they can open them just fine.  If the users
forward these emials to others or open them from other
computers they open fine.  I have tried uninstalling then
reinstalling but that did not work.  Any suggestions?
Del

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Sent Items appearing in Inbox
Every once in a while, when I reply to an email, there is an alert at the top of my email saying: "This message will be moved to the inbox after it is sent" Then when I send it, instead of going to the Sent Items folder, it goes to my inbox. It doesn't do it all the time and I can't figure out what is special about the messages that it does do it to! I had found a message talking about checking in the IMAP settings, but I couldn't find where that was, and we aren't using IMAP, we're using POP3. Please help! Holley Mac OSX 10.4.5 Entourage v. 11.2.5 Well, ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Find Discrepancies between Worksheets
I have 2 worksheets that should be identical (merged cells, colors/borders, number formats...), but when I try to paste values from one to the other, it kicks it out because merged cells are not identically sized. Obviously, there is some discrepancy in the thousands of cells of formatting. Is there a way to compare the 2 worksheets and come up with a list of what is different? It's a long story why I can't just overwrite the one, but please just trust that one sheet cannot be changed at all and the other is an output from a database that I do not have access to and so have ...

INBOX: There are no items to show in this view
Hi, I have some users who were on an NT workstation using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 5.5 on our network. They received a brand new PC with Windows 2000 on it. When making sure their mail would open correctly, the messages in the Inbox are there but not viewable ("There are no items to show in this view"). They can view messages in any of the subfolders of the Inbox but not the Inbox itself as well as the Sent and Deleted Items boxes. They do not have any filters running. The only difference I saw was that one was using a Microsoft Outlook Profile instead of MS Exchan...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

Name and number of sheets
Could someone please post the code that will count the number of sheets in a workbook and get each sheet name. I thought I could use the for statement after I got the number of sheets, but can't seem to get that number. Thank you Maybe something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet MsgBox Sheets.Count MsgBox Worksheets.Count For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets MsgBox wks.Name Next wks End Sub Worksheets.count may not equal sheets.count (if you have chart sheets for example). MB wrote: > > Could someone please po...

EXCEL Files open Slow

How to display an object name in the Name Box in Excel 2007?
Hello: In Excel 2003, if I select a series in a graph, the Name Box shows the name of the series and the formula box shows the data range. However, in Excel 2007, it does not show anything in the Name Box. Is there an option to make it display? I scanned the Excel Options, but did not see any. Perhaps I miss it? Thanks, Q They forgot how useful that was. It was also visible in 2003 in the Chart toolbar. The selected chart element is visible in the top left control in the last two chart tools ribbon tabs. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...