Can't move message to another folder

Using Outlook 2002 and cannot send/receive email nor can
I move a message from inbox to another folder.  No error,
no explanation.  Worked fine yesterday.

Windows XP PRO with Office XP SBE.

Anybody have this happen to them before?  TIA!
0
a.luby (83)

You should at least get some sort of message when you send yourself an
e-mail and do a manual Send/Receive (either you get an error message or your
own message)

For the moving; how do you move them? Clear your Deleted Items folder and
run scanpst.exe against your pst-file (when Outlook is closed) and try
again.

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Amy" <a.luby@cox.net> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2002 and cannot send/receive email nor can
> I move a message from inbox to another folder.  No error,
> no explanation.  Worked fine yesterday.
>
> Windows XP PRO with Office XP SBE.
>
> Anybody have this happen to them before?  TIA!

0
Roady

Bring filtered data from another file
I have a Birthdays file I have a Calendar file After each date in this calendar file I have 4 empty lines (assumption: max 4 birthdays on the same day) 15.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... 16.01.2010 ......... ......... ......... ......... How can I bring the names for each date from the Birthdays file. Thanks and regards, CousinExcel ...

cannot compose message #2
Sorry - should have provided this info: Using Outlook 2000, Windows 98 ______________________________ When I try to begin composing a message, I receive this error "Kernel 32, Illegal Operation, Contact Program Vendor" - and my system crashes. Yesterday, the message I was getting when I tried to compose was: "A fatal exception OE has occurred. 017F:BFF9DFFF The current application will be terminated" - and my system would crash. I am able to receive messages. Can someone help? Thank you!! .. ...

Moving license to a new computer

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Safe to Move?

why do i keep getting undeliverable message?
I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or something. now just get undeliverable from system admin. Do you have Symantec AntiVirus scanning outgoing mail? If so, try turning it off, at least temporarily, to see if it fixes the issue. Also, check with your ISP to see if they're having mail server issues. "sarah" <sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31F0667C-125C-4102-858B-FA4AE08305B3@microsoft.com... >I had a problem with outgoing email. kept getting symantec error 1009,3 or > something. now just get undeliv...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

password protection on email folder
I have a folder which I transfer all privet email which does not belong to the business, can I put a password on that folder so anyone looking in my comuter should not be able to open it? Jacob Not that I'm aware of. I would suggest getting a private email address (Yahoo or Hotmail) and have private emails sent there. hth DDS "Jacob" <info@kohn.ca> wrote in message news:%238WPfTM6GHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a folder which I transfer all privet email which does not belong to >the business, can I put a password on that folder so anyone looking i...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. #3
I'm sending an e-mail to someone that I was able to e-mail up til yesterday. When I hit send, it takes 30 seconds and then it bounces back to me with the message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 12/3/2004 11:36 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'test.testing@test.com' on 12/3/2004 11:36 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=test;l=SERVER_CT_01-041203163546Z-562 I've tried sending it 5 times and I even tried a different computer on my network and it...

Outlook as IMAP client
Anybody ever used Outlook 2003 as an IMAP client? Please prompt me how to purge the messages which are marked as deleted? Outlook Express has two ways to do that, but MS Outlook seems to have none? Thank you, ypal I don't use IMAP but I believe it is under File-->Purge Deteled Items. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Yuri Palagin asked: | Anybody ever used Outlook 2003 ...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Moving Folder error

Moving between worksheets