Can't logon outlook(2000 and xp)

When outlook(2000 or XP) installed on window XP box.
outlook keep prompting incorrect credentical which
credential is correct. For some reason it doesn't like
anything. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance!
0
anonymous (74717)

TSQL to list user's Windows Logon
Is there a command in TSQL to list user's Windows Logon? The following SUSER_SNAME() lists the deault sql user we use in the data source. I want to create a report that will list orders where order.taker = windows login , (not sql login) Thanks Bob Unfortunately by choosing to connect using a single login for all users, in this case a SQL login, you will only get the connection login (SQL) name using SUSER_SNAME() as the real user is masked by the application connection string from the server. The database user will be returned using USER_NAME() but it will still only sh...

Excel Xp's question
Dear all, Do you know why when i would like to count a num of column in B and set the formula count(B7:B45), it appears green flat at the right bottom corner. When mouse over the corner, a warning msg with something about "adjacent cell" error is prompt! Do any one know why and how to solve it? Actually i have tried to open the same file in excel2k's version, but not problem occure...Pls help! Thanks You're seeing Excel 2002's background error checking feature. It is controlled by Tools, Options, Error Checking. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

How to install "Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool", xp User/Adm
I can't find any technical solutions to properly installing the "Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool", on a Win XP Pro operating system that uses separate User/Admin. accounts. The tool wouldn't install properly on the User account. So I installed it on the Admin account (no installation problems) but the "backup" option doesn't appear in the "File" menu of the User account Outlook 2007 program. How do I make this work in the XP Admin/User account scenario? Thanks, Tim R You can manually add the add-in via the Add-in section of Trus...

Outlook XP
Whenever I receive files (even txt) the only option is to save them - I do I revert back so I have to the option of opening or saving? Thanks, J Have you edited the Level1Remove registry key or are you using a tool to edit it? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply addr...

Outlook 2000 on Widows 2000 errors out
When I open Outlook 2000 latest service packs applied, it runs fine for about 2 minutes. Then it crashes and dialog window appears that says: Outlook has caused some errors and will be shutdown. a log file is being generated. 1. Where do I find this log file and 2. What could cause this. We are using netfolders and one of the contact folders from the netwaork is not downloading to this machine. could that be it? How would I fix? Thanks for your help gurus. Jack Have you tried running detect and repair from the Help menu? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to...

De Outlook 2003 a Outlook 2002
Tengo correos en el Outlook 2003 y quiero pasarlos al Outlook 2002... que debo hacer? Por favor ayuda.... Gracias... tommy <tommyv07@hotmail.com> wrote: > Tengo correos en el Outlook 2003 y quiero pasarlos al Outlook 2002... > que debo hacer? > Por favor ayuda.... news://msnews.micsosoft.com/microsoft.public.es.outlook -- Brian Tillman ...

Backing up Outlook.pst
I use Microsoft Outlook for just about everything. As such I would like to save a copy of my Outlook file "just in case". I'm finding this very hard to do. Attempting to drag a copy to a CD-R results in a copy file being created that has no size and can't be opened. Previous attempts to manipulate the file on my hard disk (i.e creating a copy with a different name) resulted in the entire file being lost. I am very new to Windows XP but is something clever going with respect to encryption that I do not understand. Please help. Luke. Note: Only drag a copy to a CD-R...

restore outlook data after windows die (PLEASE)
restore outlook data after windows die (PLEASE) Dear all, My windows just died today, cannot go into windows even with safe mode. I move my hardisk to another pc and still cannot boot into windows. I want to get my all my outlook data (cause too many emails and contacts are important). I tried to search for the pst file in the hardisk, and cannot find. Would any please help me. I am very frustrated now. My system is : Windows XP pro Outlook 2003 Thanks! Make sure your folder view is set to show hidden files and try the search again. It would normally be stored in C:\Documents ...

Outlook 97 will not receive Meeting requests from Outlook 2003 users
Outlook 97 will not receive Meeting requests from Outlook 2003 users. Is there a fix for 97 users so they can receive 2003 meeting requests? You should try not including a reminder in the meeting requests. If that doesn't work, tell us about your mail environment -- are you using Exchange? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3a4401c47f00$d80acad0$a601280...

Outlook will not open #8
Please help me. When I attempt to open Outlook, I get two error messages. First it says that an extension file will not initialize (extend.dat) It does not exist on my system. When I close that error message the next one appears. Unable to open default email folders. Access is denied You do not have permission required to access outlook.pst. This file does not exist on my sytem either. Thank you. Bob Bob Zenuch wrote: > Please help me. When I attempt to open Outlook, I get two error > messages. > > First it says that an extension file will not initialize > (ext...

There are currenlty no logon servers available to service logon re
There are currenlty no logon servers available to service logon request. We are getting this message when trying to access shrares on some of our servers thourgh a trust. It is not happening all the time, although most, and is only hapeing to certain servers. I am guessing it is happening because remote server cannot authenticate to trusted domain controller due to name resolution, security policy or some other reason. How can I find out why this is happeing and how to fix it? Thanks. Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 domain controllers. Primary is a 2008 r2 but i think th...

Outlook 2000
The "Customize Outlook Today" link in the upper right of Outlook Today does not seem to work when running Outlook 2000 with SP3. Any ideas? I couldn't find anything in the FAQ's. ...

Scheduling for Group in Outlook 2002
Hello, I am a manager of a group of 5. Our group works a 4 day week with rotating schedules. Every month I use a spreadsheet to creat a work schedule. I am wondering if it is possible for me to set their calandar through Outlook. We are on an Exchange server so I have the ability to see their workday shedules. I would like to create a monthly schedule for the group and push it out through Outlook. Is this possible? Thanks in Advance Frank You have two Options: Setting a calendar in the Public Folder, or you creating a Sub Calendar under your calendar, which from there, you ca...

Outlook and Exchange 2003 on the same computer
Hi all, I know that Microsoft do not recommend running Outlook and Exchange on the same machine due to inconsistencies with the different MAPI implementations. However, one of our clients has already installed Outlook XP on an Exchange 2003 server and is getting issues running System Manager. Does anyone know of a safe way to remove Outlook without affecting the Exchange 2003 installation? A trawl of the NewsGroups and TechNet shows little more than this is not a recommended or supported configuration and not to do it, but there seems to be no information about what to do if you have. Thanks...

Cannot Open Office Outlook?
Whenever I try to open MicroSoft Office Outlook I get the following message.... Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. Please help. go to run (win + R) In the run window type outlook /resetnavpane(please note the space between Outllok and /) Hit OK or press the ENTER key on the keyboard. Manish Senior TSO (MS-Outlook and Office setup) manish.kashyap@gmail.com Can you open it in Safe mode as per below. If you can then let us know so we can advise you how to rectify the issue Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space betwee...

Outlook does not run
Hi there, Outlook 2003 with latest updates. It started about 3/4 days ago ... I close Outlook and when I try to run it again, nothing happens. After shutting down my machine, Outlook starts with a message that Outlook didn't shut down properly and give me the option to start in Safe mode. Is there a way to fix this? -- Regards, Deon H Outlook doesn't terminate properly to begin with. Something is holding it open. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. ...

Outlook 2003 SP2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C6D9CB.B2DD3DB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Folders are valid and can be selected from the browse list when setting up Outlook Today. However when I select the link to the folder (like the inbox for example) while in the Outlook Today screen, I get the Unable to find the folder message. Microsoft KB is not helpful for this problem - it only references an issue with O97 and hotmail folders. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C6D9CB.B2DD3DB0 Content-Type: text/...

Outlook Birthday Reminders keep reappearing after being dismissed
Since yesterday, 2 birthday reminders (for today and tomorrow) keep reappearing every 5 mins despite being dismissed (even for next year). Have unsuccessfully tried Office Diagnostics (Office 2007) and opening Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch. Any other suggestions (preferably with instructions) would be most gratefully appreciated. Many thanks in advance ...

Outlook problem with very basic rule.....please help.
I've set up a basic rule , which based on specific text a outlook template is dispatched to the sender ,which works , but it only works once per email sender based on that particular specific text ? so if someone loses the information etc , i have to send manually? unless i close down outlook , which then allows one more attempt. can anyone help me with this , its driving me a little crazy . i'm running outlook from office xp with sp3 patch. or can anyone reccomend a suitable program.? my basic needs are that when i sell an item via ebay , some of my items require fitting inst...

logon to database
I am having trouble logging on to my database. Everything was working fine yesterday. When I use the SQL authentication it says could not logon with 'sa', but if I use Windows authentication it logs on. After I connect with windows authentication I am unable to connect to Manager or POS. Any suggestions? Tim On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:21:02 -0700, Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble logging on to my database. Everything was working fine >yesterday. When I use the SQL authentication it says could not logon with >'sa', but if I use...

Changing Logon procedure at our registers? from Force Logon
Hello, We had a conference call with Retail Leadership Team last month on a discussion on how we can improve the speed of our checkout with our customer. The top requests from Retails were not have to log on to their register after each transaction. We can make this change happen, but the cashier would need to remember to press “F9” to secure their register before walking away from their register. The way the system is now it forces them to log in each time to protect the cashier register from being pop open by someone else. One Store Manager mentions she has camera for catching...

transfer entourage to outlook
does anyone know how to transfer mailboxs and messages from entourage to outlook. im going from a mac to a dell computer. thanks ...

Outlook 2002 #170
How to make Outlook 2002 your default email? Courtney <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to make Outlook 2002 your default email Tools>Options>Other. Check the "Make Outlook the default program..." -- Brian Tillman I have already tried Tools/Options/Other-but it still does not make Outlook my default. >-----Original Message----- >Courtney <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> How to make Outlook 2002 your default email > >Tools>Options>Other. Check the "Make Outlook the default program..."...

Outlook message problem
I have outlook 2000 and I cannot send messages (they just sit in my outbox). I have a mailbox setup which uses an exchange server on the LAN in the day and have a Dial-up ISP account which I use at night. I can receive email from my ISP but cannot send. If I use outlook express and set up mail account it works fine. I have tried to see what I've done wrong, but with no avail. Can somebody please advise me on the correct setup to use exchange on the LAN in the day and dialup ISP for my personal email account at night. Thanks ...

outlook 2000 e-mail bar
outlook 2000 e-mail bar that has reply, forward, etc.is gone. Right clicking by Help reveals the Standard toolbar is checked. Please help! Close Outlook. Click on Start > Run. Type in: outlook.exe /cleanviews (note the space between outlook.exe and /cleanviews) Then hit enter. This should return all your views back to default. If that doesn't work, close Outlook. Locate the outcmd.dat file using file/folder search. Make sure in the Advanced options to include hidden files/folders. Delete the file. Open Outlook. If none of the above work, please post back. &q...