Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP

After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I
can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a
file to a recipient from within Word.
When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get
the error "To use this feature you must install the
version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed
version of Microsoft Outlook".
I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even
uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In
that configuration, the software worked fine. But when
I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was broken again.
I've found nothing that states that Outlook 2002 no
longer integrates as fully with Word 2000 as Outlook 2000
did.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

-Steve
0
anonymous (74717)

The Word and Outlook versions must be the same for this feature to work

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I
> can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a
> file to a recipient from within Word.
> When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get
> the error "To use this feature you must install the
> version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed
> version of Microsoft Outlook".
> I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even
> uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In
> that configuration, the software worked fine. But when
> I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was broken again.
> I've found nothing that states that Outlook 2002 no
> longer integrates as fully with Word 2000 as Outlook 2000
> did.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks.
>
> -Steve

0
nosp2972 (64)
12/10/2003 8:36:16 PM
Thanks, but is there any confirmation of this from
Microsoft? I'll have to tell my boss that we'll have to
upgrade all the computers to Office XP, and he won't like
that without proof that it's the only "solution".
(Actually, he won't like it either way, but at least I'll
have done all I can.)
The other option, of course, is to go back to Outlook
2000, but since we already bought Outlook XP, that seems a
waste of money.

-Steve

0
anonymous (74717)

Use arrows to navigate
I just got Excel 2003, and had a strange problem. The arrow keys no longer move the selection box; they scroll through the worksheet. Anybody know how to change this setting? I have looked in the help file, but could not figure it out. Matthew Any chance you hit the scroll lock on the keyboard? Just hit it again to toggle it off. Matthew wrote: > > I just got Excel 2003, and had a strange problem. > > The arrow keys no longer move the selection box; they scroll through the > worksheet. > > Anybody know how to change this setting? I have looked in the help fi...

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

Inserting EPS file into Publisher 2000
I can insert an EPS file into Publisher but I can't see the image on screen. Can see jpg or gif etc but not EPS. No error reported, prints OK but I'd realy like to be able to see the image on my screen. Check out view, pictures, detailed display, although if you are seeing other images this probably isn't the solution. Could be a video driver issue, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for a newer driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David" <david.michaels@rcnc.om> w...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Using Outlook PST Backup Program w/User Accounts
I have downloaded and installed the pst backup program from Microsoft. I have two questions: 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, will it write over the existing Outlook pst file? 2. When my spouse logs into her account, the "File>Backup" does not appear. How can I include the pst "Backup" in the other user account's File Menu? Thanks in advance -- Bones Heal - Pain Is Temporary - Chicks Dig Scars FirstReconUSMC, you wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2007 05:34:00 -0700: > 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, ...

MDB in Outlook "Unsafe" attachment list
Hi folks, According to a policy that isn't set in stone, we've configured our McAfee GroupShield to block all attachments listed in Microsoft's "unsafe" attachments list in MS KB article 290497, so they never even get to the Outlook users. This has resulted in complaints about .mdb files being blocked, so I'm weighing the pros and cons of allowing these attachments through. Does anyone know what exactly the risk is with MS Access .mdb files that makes them less safe than .doc, .ppt, or .xls files? Are these files on the list because they're just not mailed as ...

Access 2002 & 2000
I created an access databse for tracking events by employee. I have an assistant who is helping me input information which was working fine. I have Access 2002 and she has 2000, so I converted the DB to 2000. Yesterday, we found that some of the informaiton that I input is showing up on her side and that none of the information that she inputs is showing up on mine. This is the first time that this is happening. Any suggestions? We restared the DBs and the computers and let it sit overnight. On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:26:06 -0700, Hagan <Hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

e ...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

Outlook Exress
I am using Outlook Express for a separate email account. How can I locate where my datafile is? How can I change the location of my datafile? Thanks Post to the Outlook Express newsgroup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Christine" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:hplo7b$5rj$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg... >I am using Outlook Express for a separate email account. > >...

Outlook 2003 Client Crashing
Hi I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but when I install CRM 3.0 Desktop or laptop client my Outlook 2003 SP2 keeps hanging. All my updates are installed. The Laptop has 1GB+ Memory in. I had a similar problem yesterday. The problem in my case was the user had made offline changes in a v1.2 client after I upgraded the server to v3.0. After installing the v3.0 client on the laptop, outlook would hang. Resolved the issue by uninstalling the client, outlook, and MSDE, renaming the MSDE databases, then reinstalling everything. Hope this helps. -Jerry "Kuvenp" ...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

Excel 2000 capitalization help
We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the formula Excel provides =Upper (cell to cell) without any luck. does anyone have any suggestions? Thx DAN Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan wrote: > We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower > and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert > all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the > formula Excel pro...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Golf handicap using 4 of last 5 scores
I would like to set up a Excel spreadsheet for golf handicaps where it will use the 4 lowest scores of the last 5 entries. It must be able to work even if there are missed entries (someone didn't show up/blanks ignored). I would like it to work if there are only three scores used at the beginning of the season, but when there are 5 or more scores, use only the 4 lowest scores out of the last 5. I want it to average these scores. The scores would start in column d. The following is an example of scores with an underscore being a blank: Golfer 1 45,50,42,43,46,37,45,45,46,44 Golf...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

MapPoint 2004 Keeps Crashing Outlook
Running Outlook 2003 and installed MapPoint 2004 for a database program I am working on. Outlook will run fine for a few days with the install and then all of a sudden keeps crashing. After trying to open Outlook a half dozen times, it will finally open, but the MapPoint features no longer work. If I uninstall it, wait a few days and install it again, it will work for a few days and quit again. Any suggestions where to start to get these two to play nicely together? The only file I get in the error message is Outlook.exe. Thanks! What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer regarding th...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

SQL Server Connection Problem Error when using Org Mass Assign
I am trying to assign accounts based on a segment and I'm getting the following error" A SQL Server connection problem has occurred. Please try your operation again when the server is less busy. It worked on the other segments. Has anyone seen this? Thanks ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

Exchange 2000 SP3 Server has been hijacked
HI All: Your help is desperately needed. Last week our exchange 2k server became very slow. I found system.exe virus and removed it. Every thing worked fine for few days and now we have 18000 messages waiting for directory lookup by oversees companies. I have applied all patches. I have scanned Windows 2000 server. I have Updated Sysmantec 2.0 and mail security 5.0. None of this has helped. i have changed server password 3 times and still no help. Oue Tape backup is in for service and I use to backup entire exchange directory to a different hardisk. I cannot do that now. The system wai...

odd issue with word help file
i am programming word through access i have access 97 and word 2000 when i press f1 on the word code in msaccess i get this error cannot find c:\program files\microsoft office\office\VBAWRD9.CHM would you like to fine it yourself the file is located in c:\program files\microsoft office\office\1033 when i try to find it it only shows .HLP files i am guessing there is jack all i can do as office 97 uses hlp and office 2000 uses chm. so i am merely confirming that this is true or is there a solution. Regards Kelvan ...