can't download pop3 email

This is my error message Task Receiving reported error
0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted
If this problem continues contact your server
administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do
I fix this?
0
anonymous (74717)

What did your ISP say?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After scratching one's head,
M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group:
| This is my error message Task Receiving reported error
| 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted
| If this problem continues contact your server
| administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do
| I fix this?

0
MillyS (3228)

How do I set Outlook as my email rather than my ISP?
I'm a complete novice. We are changing ISP and have been told to use Outlook or MSN in future to save changing email addresses every time we change ISP. We have XP and broadband if that means anything. How do I do this please? Outlook doesn't give you an email address, it just retrieves mail. You might want to sign up for a GMail account so you don't have to change addresses if you change ISPs. Outlook can retrieve GMail pretty easily. "redgandalf3" <redgandalf3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFFDE-533D-4B57-913E-AF4D94F218B0@micro...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

INTERMITTANT email error with Outlook
Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1. Have Norton Antivirus but still get this error whether Nortin is active or disabled. I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband. Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the four email accounts will return the following error: "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error no 0x800ccc0f" If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away. If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away. If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes away but not always. This fault is in...

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

confirmar email
confima�ao do email ...

Mysterious missing emails
This is strange: I have a user who complains that he doesn’t get all of his emails. At first, I tracked his the "missing" emails using message tracking and I saw that they where delivered to his message store. So I figured he had something configure that was deleting the messages or filtering them. He insists he has no rules that delete the messages. He is a remote user so I cant confirm his outlook config. To verify whether or not the message was hitting the store, I created a new message store to "journal" his email to a public filter, and saw every email he says...

Bulk Email: Outlook client:"Direct email via Mail Merge is off".
I am trying to test bulk email before a big demo. I am following along the task list provided by John O'Donnell in another discussion. When I click to distribute the activity (launched from Outlook) I get a message box that states "Direct email via mail merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator." I am using the CRM 3.0 VPC. What do I need to do to enable email via mail merge? CRM settings? Or other settings? Thank you in advance. Ensure the "Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" is running (and is set to automat...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Accessing Email
How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do not want them to be able to access their email with outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. "Victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do >not want them to be able to access their email with >outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should >only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. You can disable the protocol at various levels, the user, the s...

Some email msgs received as an attachment
We are receiving quite a number of emails where the body of the message isn't in the body but is in an "Untitled Attachment". I can't come up with a rhyme or reason, but for example all messages from our largest customer comes in that way. We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook 2010
In 2007 I could categorize my incoming email by a particular color, this allowed me to color code particular people and made it very easy to see who had emailed at a glance. This is HIGHLY convenient for someone who receives hundreds of emails a day from all over the company. For example: I could color code the ones from the boss in red, the web department in green, the proofer in blue, etc. It truly helped facilitate the day and the projects moving faster through the system. So, the question is - where have they hidden this in 2010? Thanks!! Try posting to the Office ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...

Kerberos errors & network problems after large email mailshot?
Hello all, and a happy new year! I wondered if I could get some ideas for what happened on a SBS 2003 server I look after last night. I was notified that there was a problem with the server, the client said they had sent a "large volume" of emails as a mailshot, subsequent to this they couldn't connect to the server. When I tried to get in, I couldn't connect to the server, but the computer which sent the emails was visible, online, and would let me connect in (using logmein). I could, from there, ping the server fine, but I could not issue a remote shut...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

delayed emails #3
I can send and receive emails, but when I send them they don't clear my outbox, rather I have to copy and paste them again and then they get sent. I also noticed that if I leave them in the outbox they eventually get sent the next day. Any ideas on how to send them immediately or what is wrong? I did check the settings and everything seems ok =?Utf-8?B?SGlsbGVs?= <Hillel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:43DF556B-3625-484D-A603-ACE73FDF4800@microsoft.com: > I can send and receive emails, but when I send them they don't clear my > outbox, rather I have to c...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

outlook 2007 email editor #2
is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i want to insert code that will display a paypal button. thanks, john Anyone have an answer to this question? Candy "A" wrote: > is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i > want to insert code that will display a paypal button. > > thanks, > john which version of outlook and which editor? it's often easier just to do it in an HTML editor and paste or insert the finished html. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003...

vista email 01-23-10
how do I get the contact list / folder on with the inbox folder, used to be just below it, now it's gone? i've checked views, folders not sure where else to look? Are you sure you were using Windows Mail when you got the contacts showing like that? If I understand what you are asking, then Outlook Express can do that but not Windows Mail. "lordches" <lordches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7273097C-4600-453F-82A6-0751F236ACDD@microsoft.com... > how do I get the contact list / folder on with the inbox folder, used to > be &...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...