Can't Delete Outlook Folder - No Name?!?!

I have a top-level folder that has no name. It appeared after I was
cleaning out some old PSTs and e-mail accounts.  It does not show up
in the Outlook Data Files list.  If I right-click on it, I can see
"Rename "<0w#25>"...", but the rename option is disabled. If I try to
open it I get the error "The set of folder could not be opened." Any
advice on how to delete this folder would be greatly appreciated!

freakybubba@gmail.com <freakybubba@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a top-level folder that has no name. It appeared after I was
> cleaning out some old PSTs and e-mail accounts.  It does not show up
> in the Outlook Data Files list.  If I right-click on it, I can see
> "Rename "<0w#25>"...", but the rename option is disabled. If I try to
> open it I get the error "The set of folder could not be opened." Any
> advice on how to delete this folder would be greatly appreciated!

New profile time.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

>I have a top-level folder that has no name. It appeared after I was
> cleaning out some old PSTs and e-mail accounts.  It does not show up
> in the Outlook Data Files list.  If I right-click on it, I can see
> "Rename "<0w#25>"...", but the rename option is disabled. If I try to
> open it I get the error "The set of folder could not be opened." Any
> advice on how to delete this folder would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

Did Brians tip "creating a new Outlook Profile" work?
If not try to start Outlook with the command line option "/ResetFolders"

--
best regards from Germany,
--

Cant delete
I have vista home premium.I deleted a file to the recycle bin,but the file will not delete from the recycle bin.The file is a video clip file. (dvdscr.xvid-dvl).How do I now delete it from the recycle bin.It goes so far and wont finish .Now when I open the recycle bin it tries to finish deleting,but never does. HELP. On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:15:49 -0600, fred wrote: > I have vista home premium.I deleted a file to the recycle bin,but the file > will not delete from the recycle bin.The file is a video clip file. > (dvdscr.xvid-dvl).How do I now delete it from the recycle bin.It g...

Outlook 2003 to OWA?
I need access to my Exchange mailbox on my clients server, but since my client forbids outsiders to access their corporate network, the only access I am allowed is through Outlook Web Access. Since I loathe webmail (sucks for attachments), I was thrilled to discover that Entourage (Mac version of Outlook) connects and synchronizes transparently with OWA servers over HTTP. It works a treat. Now I'm stuck with Windows for a while. I have Outlook 2003, but I cannot figure out how to get it to sync via OWA as I have been doing with Entourage. Can it be done? No. --� Milly Staples ...

Outlook 2002 Reboot
My PC reboots when I open Outlook 2002. Sometimes it goes into Outlook, but as soon as I open any attachment it rebbots the PC. This reboot is instant, almost like when you press the PC rset button? I have installed the latest patches with no effect. This is a real long shot but try running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file. You might also want to try running a disk scan on the machine to makes sure that's OK "Louis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:083701c39ecd$44e330d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My PC reboots when I open Outlook 2002. Sometimes i...

Entourage question re "deleted items" folder
My husband's Entourage "deleted items" folder shows the number of items there, but the window that lists the deleted mail is blank. If you select a spot in that window, the deleted email in that line shows up. Any suggestions how to fix this? Diane On 12/4/07 6:15 PM, in article 4cd63ee5-8d88-4e18-ad74-91d6066ad605@e67g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, "dmtgs" <dslaninko@comcast.net> wrote: > My husband's Entourage "deleted items" folder shows the number of > items there, but the window that lists the deleted mail is blank. If > you select a spo...

Unable to export outlook express 6 messages
Trying to export outlook express 6 message to another system. When exporting the messages I get the following error "The export could not be performed An error occurred while initializing MAPI". Choose Profile option does not appear, only error. I tried to copy these messages to a temp file and then import them on the new system, but not all the messages/folders show up in the import selection menu after selecting "Import Mail for an OE6 Store Directory" Any Ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is fami...

First server in a site refers to deleted server
Hello all, Recently introduced our first Exchange 2003 server into a Exchange 5.5 site. Originally we had 2 Exchange 5.5 servers EXCH and EXCHG2. After we introduce the new Exchange 2003 server we followed the instruction on Q152959 to decommision EXCH. We moved all mailboxes, Offline Addressbook, Public system and user folders to the new Exchange 2003 server EXCH2K3. We then removed the EXCH server from the site. As far as I can see everything is working fine. What is a bit troubling is the fact that I still see a reference to the EXCH server(decomission Exchg 5.5 Server)as the Site folder s...

Can Outlook do this?
I want outlook to check incomng mail with certain words in the subject to run a batch file. A certain identifier from the subject will then need to be copied and placed into batch files command prompt. Once the batch completes it actually creates a .txt file with certain information. This information would have to be copied and pasted into the orginal email to be forwarded to certain accounts. Is there any way that this can be done? Have a look in the Rules and Alerts. Select "Start from a blank rule" and then you have many options like "Run a script" or "St...

Deleted emails
For some reason, every now and then (and it just happened now), all of the sudden my Deleted Items folder shows a bunch (206 now) of emails that I had completely deleted before! I usually have only 10 to 20 emails in that folder. Any help, please? I'm running XP Home and MS Outlook 2003 SP3. Thank you! Compact folders. -- I mastered Wordstar graphics! "Brickman" wrote: > For some reason, every now and then (and it just happened now), all of the > sudden my Deleted Items folder shows a bunch (206 now) of emails that I had > completely deleted b...

Can't delete any email
Hi there, I have a user called susan working inside my LAN. She is using Netscape 7 on a Solaris 8 as the email client to access the Exchange server in the same LAN with IMAP. The problem is she can't delete any message (email) from her Netscape. When she tries to delete an email, it pop-up an error message: ******************** Alert: The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: [TRYCREATE] The requested item could not be found. ******************** So, she has to launch MS Outlook on another Windows machine to delete any emails. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

Outlook Email Account For Offline Mail
We use an Exchange server for internal mail only. Our company mail server is handled by an outside third party. Each client logs into the third party and downloads their e-mail individually then these messages make their way onto our Exchange server. My problem is Outlook 2002 and its use when the guys are on the road. The Internet mail account will receive mail but anything in the "outbox" wants to be handled by the Exchange settings which it cannot connect to an Exchange server since they are on the road using dial-up. The client is constantly complaining about not b...

Outlook Filter (suppress read messages) cleared, but is not perman
I have Office 2003. I had a filter to suppress all read messages in my inbox. I decided I didn't want that, so I cleared the filter. So now both read and unread show up in my inbox. HURRAY. But, after I closed outlook, and opened it up again, my filter is 'back'. How do I make this filter removal permanent? ...

E-mail deleted after reading
After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and they are not in any other folder. Any idea on how to resolve this? While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174077FA-5BD7-4140-A2C0-EF91A1E60342@microsoft.com... > After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automa...

Outlook 2003 oddities
I have 2 users using Outlook 2003, while the rest of the office uses either Outlook 2000 or Outlook through Office XP. All Outlook clients are accessing an Exchange 2000 server. In both users' case, they have been experiencing problems where they are not receiving email messages sometimes. Several people who do not have Outlook 2003 have sent these people messages with or without attachments, and the 2003 user claims they never received the message. This is becoming a problem because of projects becoming due and meetings. Are there known problems with Outlook 2003 in a mixed env...

how do I setup a contacts while online in outlook?
Start by posting a complete question along with your Outlook version. We = have no way of knowing what you mean by "setup a contacts." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "roly" <roly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8DAB68B4-6FDE-4F66-B45A-11DF8A2BC717@microsoft.com... > roly <roly@discussions...

outlook 2007 wont recognize my profiles
Outlook gives me an error stating that I do not have profiles setup. The issue is that I do have them setup and the software was working properly. How does this relate to Excel? Perhaps you should be posting in an Outlook 2007 newsgroup. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:12:04 -0700, Lawler <Lawler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Outlook gives me an error stating that I do not have profiles setup. The >issue is that I do have them setup and the software was working properly. Wrong newsgroup. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Lawler...

Pickup Folder in Exchange
Hello. (hope this is the right forum) I need some help sending a bulk e-mail out. We have 20000+ e-mail address's(all opted-in, and clients of ours) We send out an e-mail about once a week to them all. I have a colleague right now that is sending them via outlook and usually has to make 6 e-mails with them. (they are exported from our sales system) They are dynamic and changing so I can't just make a DL list to send them. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Pickup folder and send one e-mail that way. The e-mail address's should be through BCC so as not to ...

Outlook 2000: Accidentally moved folder into Outlook today
I have lost a couple of folders, so searched for some emails in them and have realized that I have accidnetally moved the folders into Outlook Today., so cannot see them or the emails inside folders. How do I see folders and/or restore them back into personal folders? Very many thnaks in advance for your help. pnbg1 If you moved a folder to Outlook Today, then it will show as a subfolder of Outlook Today so at the same level of your Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc... folder. If you moved the messages to it, then you can access them by temporarily disabling the...

Outlook message handling when replying to all.
Rescently whenever I click "Reply To All" to reply to all addresses in the original message, when I send the message instead of it being marked with the curved arrow in my inbox indicating it was replied to, it is removed from my inbox completely. A copy is saved in sent items but that is simply because I have sent the message but it does not indicate that is was replied to (other than the obvious indication that it is in the sent items). I assume there must be an option for this as it has just started doing this and is kind of annoying! Any help is appreciated!! Thanks! ...

Using Worksheet Name
I am having multiple worksheets in an Excel file and now I want to use the name of each worksheet in a new worksheet in the same file. Is there a formula which can copy the name of worksheet into a Cell of another worksheet This article from Bob Phillips' site covers what you want: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 7, 1:49=A0pm, Akhil Goel <AkhilG...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having multiple worksheets in an Excel file and now I want to use th= e > name of each worksheet in a new worksheet in...

Change Outlook today...
One day I started Outlook and the button for changing the outlook today page was gone. When I open in the menu - view the maplist option or something else, the button will sometimes appear, but I'm not able to click on it. Who knows the sollution to enable this button again? "Ronald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066e01c39e2e$d5267f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > One day I started Outlook and the button for changing the > outlook today page was gone. When I open in the menu - > view the maplist option or something else, the button will &...

how do you delete a header in Page Setup?
File / Page Setup / Header/Footer / set it to (none) What type of header? Built-in or Custom? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700, sdf <sdf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Track Deleted Message
I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and claim to have never received it. The Message tracking says that it was delivered to both mailboxes. ExMerge has a copy of the message in both users inboxes. The Veritas Backup shows it was in both mailboxes. Is there any way to determine who deleted it and when? No. "TrigonDisunity" <TrigonDisunity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49D9491-3A5D-4892-81DE-42C655985DA9@microsoft.com... >I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and > claim to have never...

OUTLOOK 2002 #165
I just starting getting a pop up menu when I begin to create a new email that states: A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no. I have been selecting "No" and then the screen opens so that I can prepare and send an email. This just started today on my laptop. How can I fix this? Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just starting getting a pop up menu when I begin to > create a new email that states: > > A Prog...

Pop3 Email won't receive in Outlook Exchange mailbox
We have our own Exchange-hosted email. Try as I might, I cannot get our company president to give up his gmail account, and he insists that it come into his Outlook. This used to work before I replaced his hard drive: Added the gmail account to his Outlook and it came right into his inbox. Used it for a couple of years and never had a problem. I am not using the Pop3 connector. I set it up the same way on the new hard drive and now I can send gmail but I cannot receive. Also, when I go to tools, options, mail setup, I cannot go to Send/Receive. I click on Send/Receive...