Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox

I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can'
delete it

--
PhoenixVP
PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468

PhoenixVPC, you  wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500:

> I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't
> delete it.

Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your
system. Delete it an restart OE.

Best Regards
Christian Goeller
--
Some misspellings or grammatical mistakes found?
All corrections would be appreciated!

Cannot delete subreport

Outbox difficulty with Office Outlook
In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from several of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before transmission. I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes which also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is blank. WHY? "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA80F5B-B65B-445B-A299-F3BD55404B11@microsoft.com... > In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from > several > of my email addresses - thi...

Files not visible in Windows Explorer
Hi folks, My colleague is using Publisher 2000 and while she can find all the Publisher files she created with P2000 when she goes to 'File>Open' from Publisher, most of these files cannot be found within the same directory in Windows Explorer. Can someone explain what is happening that the files go missing in the WE environment? She is using Windows NT (2000?), Publisher 2000, and an IBM Thinkpad A series. Thanks. Saved files will go into a designated folder you assigned in tools, options. Publisher doesn't arbitrarily place files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

How to force the compiler to always re-compile a given source file?
Hi, I realise that this is not a MFC related question but this groups is the one that I most often read (and like) so here it is... Is there a way to force VS2005 compiler to always re-compile a given C++ file regardless of if it has changed or not since the last compile? That is, I'd like the file to be compiled everytime I run the build/rebuild. I could, I guess, delete the associated obj file after each build (e.g. using post build event) but this would trigger build every time I try to run/debug the app from within IDE. I know that I'm trying to break basic rules of nmake...

editing RWZ files
Does anyone know if it is possible to directly edit RWZ files in OL2K? In particular, I would like to add a series of banned subject lines to my "Junk Subjects" rule without having to add each one individually. Nope, not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Coby King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a1a01c49d50$8f6f3130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to dire...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Not quite there with file sharing
I'm able to see and change my calendar and contact files in my shared docs folder from both my laptop and desktop, using the info in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;294759 However, I can't seem to save a local copy on my laptop. When the desktop, which is where the shared docs folder is located, is turned off, I lose all access to my calendar and contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

CRM client and BCM client on same Outlook
Hi! I've tried to install the CRM client in Outlook on a terminal server which already has the BCM client installed. The installation fails when it reaches some registration of the address book. Has anyone made this work? Is the installation order important? Thanks in advance Morten This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0C1A_01C64E2C.09A406F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable have to uninstall... no way around it. --=20 LeVar Berry CEO eDriven Enterprises Inc 513.322.4889x101 ---Ask...

password protected backup files
After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it keeps asking for a password. I have never password protected it. How can I restore my backup without having to start from scratch? Thank you for your help. maritimegal In microsoft.public.money, maritimegal wrote: >After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money >became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The >problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it >keeps asking for a password....

How do I configure my Yahoo webmail to work in Outlook?
I have a '@btinternet.com' email address. I want to config it to work in POP3 like Outlook. I know plenty about excel and stuff but have never configged a webmail address to a POP3. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi MikeC, have a look on this sites: "Use Outlook with SBC Yahoo!" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133121033.aspx?pid=CH063565691033 "Use Outlook with Yahoo! Mail" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx?pid=CH063565691033 "POP Yahoo! Mail Plus with Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003" http://help.yahoo.com/l...

File History Limitation
Other Office apps can hold up to 9 the most recent files worked on. How can I change Excel to show a history of more than 4 documents? Bill Tools/Options/General, enter "9" in the Recently used file list inputbox. In article <4628d984$0$1418$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, "Bill Haskell" <bhask@roadrunner.com> wrote: > Other Office apps can hold up to 9 the most recent files worked on. How can > I change Excel to show a history of more than 4 documents? Tools|Options|General tab change the Recently used file list number to 9. Bill Haskell wrote:...

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

Outlook across firewall #5
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

Delete macros

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...