Can't delete email #2

I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express
on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She
has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem.
Any suggestions?

Desperate!

Mark
0
m.ryan (1)

Mark Ryan <m.ryan@earthlink.com> wrote:

> I'm am trying to help a friend who is using Outlook Express
> on W98, I cannot delete any messages from her in box. She
> has over 500 in there, which may be part of the problem.
> Any suggestions?

The first suggestion is to ask in an Outlok Express newsgroup.  The second
suggestion is to delete Deleted Items.dbx and let OE recreate it.  The third
suggestion is, if she wants to delete EVERYTHING in the Inbox is to delete
the Inbox.dbx file and let OE recreate it.  There latter two steps must be
done with OE closed.  On WIndows 2000/XP boxes, those files are in a hidden
folder.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Age calculation #2
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to give a better response on age calculation. I have a list of computers with the data they were purchased on. I want to know how old they are. Here is what I have so far: G1 contains =today() to give current date F14 is the purchase date of the first computer in the list G14 is this formula, which tells me how many months old the computer is: =($G$1-F14)/30 The problem is that it tells me that the computer is 90 months old, which is correct, but I want to see that its 7.5 years old. Dividing that by 12 gives the answer, but there are newer computer...

Cannot delete subreport

1.2 Integration Release
Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", but "soon" is now turned into months. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I have NO real information, but if I had to guess it would be announced just prior to or during Convergence (3/21- 24). >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft, when is 1.2 Integration going to release? All I hear is "soon", >but "soon" is now turned into months. > >-- >Brandon >IT Director >Present...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

Rule for Deleted Items

Reply #2
Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the default which in this case is No, when I need it to save as Yes Many thanks anyway John PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. JohnUK wrote: > Hi, I have tried this but it still tries to save as the > default which in this case is No, when I need it to save > as Yes > Many thanks anyway > John > PS I think by putting your suggestion in, it just hides > the alerts, but still keeps to the defaults. If indeed you even see this, PLEASE do NOT change the su...

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

Transfer of data #2
I have a database of information in excel and need a formula for compiling totals and transferring it to the main worksheet page. Basically it is a payment tracker - I put in todays date, account number, payment amount, etc and hit submit - it then sends this info onto the next worksheet page (the database). On the main page I have weekly, and monthly totals. I need it to update the weekly monthly totals based on the actual week and month - not last 7 days or last 30 days. How can i do this? Ultimately what it needs to do is go to the second page and grab all the info for the curren...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat scheduled for May 7 #2
On Thursday, May 7th, 2009, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host a Live Chat from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. PT. In this chat, our experts will take questions on Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Dynamics RMS. If we get a high volume of questions during the chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within time allowed. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the Using Microsoft Dynamics RMS site appro...

Problem with OAB #2
After the migration of Exchange 2003 server, users began to get error reports "Microsoft Exchange offline 0X8004010F". OAB Version 2 and other site folders were not properly replicated from previous server and now these folders have replication status "data not available". I've tried to recreate site folders (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822444) but it doesn't solve the problem. Does anybody know how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. ...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...