can't create rules in outlook - permission problem

When I try to create rules in outlook, I get a message
which says the rule can't be created and to check my
folder permissions.  If I go through the wizard, I can
create them successfully.  It is really frustrating,
because most of what I want to create would be simple to
create with the create button.  I'm the only user on this
machine. It is running Windows XP pro and I'm the admin.
I'm using Outlook 2002.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Anne
0
amf (1)

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

create a roster

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

Task Create - Status

Drag Drop problem inCListCtrl
Hello , I have a owner drawn list view which displays the thumbnail images of image files along with other related information like destination of file and file properties. I am trying to drop drop the images in the list view but the following takes place : CreateDragImage returns me a CImageList pointer which is not null , when i do a GetImageInfo using the CImageList pointer the IMAGEINFO structure contains NULL values.Also BeginDrag returns FALSE. What am i doing wrong, please do help me. Thanks in Advance example: www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/ listview/dragdrop/article.php/c941/ &quo...

Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook
Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web search. Thanks, Will Will Fleenor just export everything from one to the other "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:et24bTJhEHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a good web site with information on converting from > Outlook Express to Outlook. Have not had much luck with a general web > search. > > Thanks, Will > Will Fleenor > > Will Fleenor <will@k2e.com> wrote: ...

IMF and Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode
My server gets all email via SMTP and IMF is working great, in OWA and Outlook 2003 Native Exchange mode junk mail goes to the junk folder and users can add exceptions for "junk" they want to receive etc. I'm wondering about my remote users who use Outlook 2003 in POP3 mode to grab their email (since RPC proxy works pretty lousy, can't wait til that is tweaked!). The email in their junk email folder is not downloaded to Outlook, and they have to log into OWA to see it. 1. Should/can Outlook 2003 download these junk messages via POP3? 2. If so, can they be moved to the j...

Rules Work But No Notification
My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. -- DrDOS "DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message news:90F003E0-3ABB-4168-BD29-FCD02908B949@microsoft.com... > My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless > it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much > attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. ...

Outlook slow to open messages
Hi, I am running WinXP with SP2, IE7 and Office 2003 professional with all updates installed on a 3GB PC fitted with 1Gb RAM. The PC is probably 3 years old now. Since the May updates I have noticed that Outlook 2003 is slow to open messages when moving the selection bar to or from an HTML message. The delay seems to vary day to day so it is reasonable some days and slow on others. At its worst it can take about 30 secs for some messages to open. Outlook itself opens up at the same speed it always has but opening messages has noticeably slowed down. I read one message about deleting ...

Create external database

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

Outlook Recovery
I deleted my email account and wanted to create a new one, but when I open up Outlook, I don't have any Tools option to create a new account. How can I restore the program? You can modify your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel. If you have trouble finding it see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/123 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Daved" ...

Windows XP and Serial Modem problem
I am running Windows XP MCE Service Pack 3 on a HP Pavilion desktop computer.. I have a Zoom Serial Modem attached to a LAVA PCI Dual Serial Port Printer card. I have uninstalled all the drivers for both of the serial ports and Printer port as well as the Zoom modem. I then re installed them from a Floppy disk for the serial card etc, and the modem from the Zoom CD. When I try to dial the modem I get no dial tone and it aborts the dial and gives a message that it will try again in one minute. I have tested the Serial card with PC Doctor and the modem with Modem Doct...

Outlook reply and forward problem
In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to leave the original email in the inbox. >-----Original Message----- >In Outlook 2000 using internet email and personal >folders. When replying or forwarding an email it removes >the original email from the inbox. Is there a setting to >leave the original email in the inbox. >. > I was having the same problem. Look a few entries up from your entry in this news group(Subject:Forward_Reply). If you ...

Download Transaction Problem Money 2003 CDN
When I'm downloadig transaction from my banks webpage the date shown for the bank entry in MS Money is always one day behind. e.g. real transaction date is 16 but in money it's shown as 15. My banks says on their site everything is ok and that it's a setting in money. Also they never heard of this problem before. Any help? ...

How to create pie chart with %

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

when form created

CRM Service Activity Outlook Calendar Sync Broken
Hi. All was fine until yesterday but now items on the Outlook calendar no longer appear to be tied to the service activities that created them. When I click on a calendar entry it opens an ordinary appointment view of what should be a service activity. Also, the "track in CRM" button seems to do nothing. A newly created service activity will appear on the calendar, but will exhibit the same characteristics described above. Any ideas on how to fix? I've considered reinstalling the CRM client for Outlook or possibly creating a new Outlook profile. Any thoughts would be...