Can't "Create Mail" or get addresses

I just upgraded from ME to XP. Everything seems to be OK
except for Outlook Express. I can get all my mail fine
but when I try the following, it starts looking for some
file called data1.msi in Office. I can't find the CD it's
asking for anywhere. What can I do?????

1) Can't find or import address book.
2) Can't get an empty mail window when I try to "Create
Mail".
3) Can't double click and fully open any email.
4) Can't import address book from a .csv file or anything.

HELP!!!!

Cannot create mailbox
Hello all, Running W2K3/E2K3. When I try to creat a mailbox for a user I get the following in the log and the mailbox is not created. <summary isWarning="true" errorCode="0xc1034a1b">There is no Connection Agreement configured to export this recipient to the Exchange 5.5 server.</summary> There is no E55 server in the environment. Thanks in advance for your help. Rajeev A mailbox will not show up in the Exchange System Mgr until the user logs into the mailbox or receives mail. So the mailbox may actually be created but not visible yet. Can you see ...

How to create a custom welcome msg for a new create mailbox?
I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody can give me a sample code?Thanks! Here is a very simple script from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx Nue "Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811F5927-7163-4382-A7CC-384AEC3BADBE@microsoft.com... >I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody > can give me a sample code?Thanks! Thanks for reply. Is there any method that send welcome msg auto by exchange when mailbox cr...

Create mailboxes
Hi, All For legal reasons.. I'm moving my users to a new exchange server / org and I need to recreate all mail boxes on this new server with the same email settings e.g email address etc. Is there a way to export and import the creation on these mailboxes on my new exchange server. Thanks -Darren Darren, Are you migrating to Exchange 2003, 2000, or 5.5? What are you moving away from? Lotus Notes? GroupWise? Steve From exhange 5.5 to Exchange 5.5 , however diffrent server / org.. "Steven Fossedal" <micronetworks@charter.net> wrote in message news:28D7BEBF-AA38-4839-...

Create Mailbox Exchange Task Fails
W2K3 AD domain, W2K3SP1 DC's, EX2K3 on W2K3SP1 member servers. Had an existing user in AD that I wish to create a mailbox for, so used Exchange Tasks - Create Mailbox. That failed, so I asked for a detailed report: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC1" buildNumber="7638" runningAs=administrator@DOMAIN.COM> <timespan startTime="2006-08-28 12:20:08.216" milliseconds="1297" /> - <createMailbox> <database>/dc=com/dc=domain/cn=C...

Unable to create mailboxes
Two weeks ago we created and installed a new exchange 2003 server in mixed mode in a 2000 active directory enviroment. We are still using the existing exchange 2000 server as a relay server. Since the upgrade when I create a new account in ADUC I see the exchange email tab populates correctly but nothing shows up under Exchange Advance tab. I also dont see the user name in the GAL. I'm seeing 8270 and 9176 in the event viewier. Does exchange require that I install the system manager on all the DC? Thanks, -Michael ...

Permissions to create mailbox ONLY
In the long list of permission properties in Active Directory I can't figure out which property I should enable so that a certain user can create mailboxes for AD users. I suspect either the permission "create exchange objects" or "create msExchContainer objects" might be the correct ones to set but I'm not sure. Is there a reference on technet that describes all of the AD permissions? ...

Unable to create mailbox
Hi All, I am having problems creating a mailbox. If I try to copy from an existing user, I am asked to create a mailbox which it apparently does. However, the name does not show up anywhere in the GAL and when I look at my properties I don't have any email addresses created. The same thing happens if I try to create the user manually instead of trying to copy the settings. I have tried the Exchange Tasks option but no change. I am trying to create the mailbox from the server logged in as Administrator. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, John Sounds like a Rec...

Create mailbox permission
Hi I need a few help desk personnel be able to create new mailbox and modify existing mailbox but not be able to create, dismount or delete storage groups or databases. How can I customize the permissions? Thanks Isaac __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4959 (20100319) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:58:09 -0300, "Sauron" <Sauron_9@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need a few help desk personnel be able to create new mailbox and...

How to delegate "Create Mailbox" rights?
Hello, Small office here and would like to delegate the right to my helpdesk to create user accounts with mailboxes. Delegating the "Create User Account" was easy, but cannot seem to be able to delegate the "Create Mailbox" rights. Using Exchange 2003 ent on Win3K server AD 3K as well. workstation is windows XP pro with ADUC and Exchange Manager installed. Any help appreciated. ...

Can't create mailboxes
Hi - Had this odd problem today on my Exchange 2003 server where I needed to create a few users/mailboxes and after creating them the mailboxes never showed up. The Exchange attribs showed up in the user props but there wasn't an address or a mailbox in Exchange. I could login to the network but not to Exchange w/ the newly created users. I tried a bunch of things and couldn't get any mailboxes to be created. Finally I rebooted and they showed up. I'm interested in any opinions incase this happens in the future. Thanks! On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:25:12 -0700, "Glen" &...

How do I create mail merge labels from excel.
Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source. Jackie, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "jackie" <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

batch create mailboxes E2K7?
How do i batch create mailboxes for an entire organization in e2k7?, do i need to set a recipient policy and process it? Exchange Server 2007: Bulk creation of mailboxes using Exchange Management Shell http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/exchange-server-2007-bulk-creation-of.html Exchange Server 2007: Bulk mailbox-enabling users using Exchange Shell http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/12/id-written-about-how-to-bulk-create.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Guillermo Lov...

Create mail-enabled users in bulk
I have several hundred users I need to create in my Active Directory organization. I need to make them MAIL-enabled users (NOT MAILBOX-enabled users). I can't find anything that allows me to bulk create the users and give them the Exchange attributes necessary to define their email addresses on the foreign mail system. Obviously, I can do it manually, but who wants to do that for 400 user accounts? Anyone know of a way to do this? I've got the user data and email addresses in a spreadsheet...just can't quite get it all into AD. Help!! Thanks, dave That is doable with a VB...

how to create mailbox
please tell me how to configure outlook express You don't create mailboxes in Outlook Express. Are you asking for help with configuring Outlook Express to connect via POP to your Exchange server? jones wrote: > please tell me how to configure outlook express ...

cannot create mailboxes
Server running W2K3 and E2K3 in a 2000 domain. Was able to add a new user and mailbox until just recently. Through AD, get prompted to add mailbox and everything appears good. Exchange Tasks shows Move or Delete mailbox. When user attempts to create profile cannot resolve name so Outlook client profile is not created. Messages sent to address are NDR. Mailbox does not showe in System Manager. Can add or delete mailbox in AD without error messages. App event viewer on Exchange server gives event id: 9562, source: MSExchangeIS. Perhaps a clue....Attempted to modify or "jog" e...

Account Operators can't create mailboxes?
Hello, How can I ensure that users in my Win2k group "Account Operators" can successfully create Exchange mailboxes??? Right now, they can create new accounts, but cannot seem to create the exchange mailbox? Thanks, Troy They need to be at least an Exchange View-Only administrator in the Administrator group (or organization) with Exchange: 823018 Overview of Exchange Administrative Role Permissions in Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823018 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer...

How to create mail box automatically from domain server ?
I have 2 servers first one is domain and 2nd is exchange 5.5. Someone from this news group helped me to install administrator tools on domain so I can manage my exchange from domain. Now I when I create a new user, it does not create mail box automatically. I have to run MS EXCH ADMINISTRATOR to create new mail box for that user. Is there any way that it creates mail box automatically, each time I create new user. When exchange is installed on the same server as domain, it creates automatically and I do not have to go to to MS EXCH ADMIN. to create new mail box. Thanks everyone. &quo...

How to create mailing list
How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who all belong to that group? Please advise. I read your documentation on the internet but it seems that my version of vista mail does not have it. Thank you in advance for your help Rolland "Rolland & Nycole" <rb.merlin@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:OGWUWwuPLHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who > all belong to that group? Please advise. > > I read your documentation on the internet but it seems...

Minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes
We have Windows 2000 Active Directory and Exchange 2000. How can I give someone the minimum permissions needed to create mailboxes without giving them Domain Admin or Exchange Admin permissions? Thanks. Hello, I can give you a start.. not a whole solution. Since mailboxes is nearly users in Exchange 2000 you must give the rights/permission to create a user. I would delegrate at the lowest lever (OU) and run the delegation wizard and give him/her the rights/permission to creat user and Exchange attributes Hope this helps :) /John "JB" wrote: > We have Windows 2000 Active Dir...

Can't create mailbox
I have the followibng problem for 1 user only. All others create a mailbox without a problem. When I create the mailbox in ADUC it does not report any errors , but no mailbox is created. When I check teh event viewer the following 2 errors can be found. Can anyone please advise why I have this problem and how to remedy it. Error 1 ======== LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=870AC517997F114495F42149760E9B0B> changetype: Modify showInAddressBook:add:CN=All Users,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Blah ... : CN=...

exchange 2003 does not create mailbox for existing active directory users
Hello, Our Lab contains exchage server 2003 (sp2) on secondry dc windows 2003 std server(sp1). this computer hard disk crahsed(as i dont have backup of exchange or raid disk). i have replaced the hard disk and installed windows 2003 (as secondry dc) + exchange 2003 on this server but when i look into exchage mmc i am not able to find any mailbox of existing user. my question is how to create mailbox for this existing user? is there any MS utility available for this? or there is a option in exchange 2003 itself? please help as fast as you can. i have try to serach internet but unable to fin...

Manually create mailbox in Exchange 2000
I created an account in Active Directory for a temp employee. At this time the account was created, it had been decided that the temp did not need an email account. Now the temp's manager has decided that the temp does need an email account. How can I manually create a mailbox and associate it with the active directory account? Thanks Right-click user account in AD Users & Computers | Exchange Tasks | Create Mailbox. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dave K." <DaveK@discussions.micr...

Permission to create mailboxes
Question: How can we give someone permission in Exchange to create mailboxes without making them a full administrator? I used ADUC to delegate control to user 'test1' create users and join computers to domain. But 'test1' can not create email addresses in ADUC. What permission does 'test1' need to do that? Minimum permission required is Exchange view only admin "peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E24C1DF-FADB-4189-8AAA-FBD42183F9E0@microsoft.com... > Question: How can we give someone permission in Exchange to crea...

Can not create mailbox
Hi, I have a new storage connected to Exchange 2003 through SCSI.I created new database on new storage and started to move maiboxes from another store. this is no problem.When I try to create new mailbox it;s does not appear there. I do not know if this is Hardware problems or Active Directory. Thank you for help What error do you get when you try to create the mailbox? Matt "Vlad" <Vlad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BA65E20-5934-409C-9082-DAC215785C57@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a new storage connected to Exchange 2003 through SCSI.I created...

Helpdesk to create mailboxes
Hi, I would like to have the users in the helpdesk group create user mailboxes, but not have permission to edit the quota of the mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Sp2. I thought I did this on Exchange 2003 without a service pack without a problem. Now when I create a helpdesk user or group they always have an ability to modify the quotas of that mailbox. Is there still a way to do this? Thank You Cos1 ...