Can't contact LDAP Directory server

I am using Outlook XP and Windows XP Home. How do I get
the fix for this error: "Can't contact LDAP Directory
server".
0
L.Lerro (1)

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

change server name
I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. Server 2003 w/ SP1 Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 Thanks, On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:33:32 -0400, "Chris Pirillo" <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has >a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. > >Server 2003 w/ SP1 >Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 > >Thanks, > Renaming an Exch Server is...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...

SMTP recieve connector on Edge server
Hello all Testing out Exchange 2007. I have the hub and Edge server on two seperate machines. I have configured a recieve connecotor on the Edge server, so the Edge server can accept emails from the hub, i also have the default send connector that was created whith the edge subscription service. From the Edge server if i telnet to for example a yahoo.com mail server i can send mail just fine. If i send an email using OWA the emails get queued up on the hub server in the edgesync queu. If i telnet from the hub server to the edge server and try and send an email i get "failed ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Outlook LDAP Distribution
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 SR1 that is using an active directory LDAP server. Using contacts this works fine, but distribution groups do not send mail does not send to the users in the group. Is there a way I can send emails to distribution groups without using exchange Are you using Corp or Internet mode? See help, about if unsure. Are the DLs in the LDAP directory? If you create them in contacts do they work? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engi...

email server password not saved
Hi, In Outlook 2002 with Windows XP, when creating more than one profile, the email server password is not saved by Outlook. When checking for new mail, it always asks what the email server password is -- even after checking the box in Outlook to "save password". Microsoft Knowledge base article #290684 describes this problem with Outlook 2002. However, the article does not show the fix when running Outlook with Windows XP. Any answers or ideas? Thanks in advance for any help. --Dan ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

LDAP issues, Please help!
I am running a Windows 2000 server as a DC. I just got a Spam server "Barracuda" to decrease the spam e-mail the company receives. In order to make the Barracuda server more efficient we must set it up with the LDAP from the DC or MS Exchange server 2003. My understanding is that the DC uses LDAP as a default, for security purposes. If so, I would like to know what port is it using. The default is 389 and it is not working. If this is not the case I would like to know how to install the LDAP in my DC or Exchange server 2003. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Than...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Cannot Connect To Exchange Server
Running XP and Outlook 2003. Out of 35 desktops, two desktops cannot connect to the Exchange Server which were previously connected. I've ruled out the user accounts since I can set them up on different computers and connect without any issues. I cannot connect new users on the machines and deleting the profile didn't work either. I've also installed all updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kansas Maybe best to repost this to the Exchange newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/lis...

Active directory indices rebuilding...
Hi sbs s2003 premium. I did a disk test on C: drive of server.After that every time I reboot server I get the message; "The Active directory is rebuilding indices, please wait..." during system boot. I do not see any error or warning in Directory Service log. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards On Nov 17, 9:13=A0am, "John" <i...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > sbs s2003 premium. I did a disk test on C: drive of server.After that eve= ry > time I reboot server I get the message; > > "Th...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Exchange server 2003 installation problem
Hi, I am new in Exchange Server. I am trying to insatll exchange server 2003. I download trial version of software and Exchange Server 2003 guide.doc from microsoft. I used Win 2003 server for OS, make the server as a domain controller with Active directory because it is testing so that i do not want to join our domain. Install all the services which the guide recommended. Run the Exchange 2003 ForestPrep and DoaminPrep from CD which I downloaded . wehn I try to install actual Exchange server the window looks just like ForestPrep, not the pictures guide shows. It is all greyed out and ...

Outlook and Active Directory
I'm experiencing some difficulties configuring Outlook to access an Active Directory server on W2003Server (the domain controller of my network). When using Outlook Express I've no problem in browsing a specific OU where I've recorded all the "global" contacts whereas using Outlook I'm not able to list any entry or, better, I see only the user entry corresponding to the user I'm logging in with. I've seen some previous posts about this problem but I was unable to find any hint to face the problem. Have you some suggestions ? Thank you. Massimo Probably best ...

Consolidating Exchange servers
We currently have 4 exchange servers, each with ONE (1) information store per server. The size of the stores are 104GB, 134GB, 187GB and 173GB I have upgraded to two new servers and plan on migrating the mailboxes from the four server to just the two new servers. Here is my question. I have decided to create 4 informations store per server, one storage group per server. I would then move the mailboxes and spread them over the eight new stores. My thought would be to have better organization of mailboxes and smaller stores to manage. Am I doing the right thing, is there a rule of thum...

CRM Email Router keeps seeing an old ghost server
Hello everyone, I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit interresting in digging about technical stuff I explain : I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on this server ( named ZEUS ) I updated to CRM4, but not the router. I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something like this from the start menu ) Everything goes fine. Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the Router from the CD...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...