Can't attach zip files....

Hi All...

I use Outlook XP, recently I found that I can't attach zip files to my
emails...does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Is it a setting problem?

Thanks in advance...

Mary

What happens when you try?

maryy wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> I use Outlook XP, recently I found that I can't attach zip files to my
> emails...does anyone know how to solve this problem?
> Is it a setting problem?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Mary

> ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
> http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
lanwench (7567)
11/30/2003 11:45:37 PM
Why can;t you attach them? What happens when you try?  Do you get any error
messages?  What did you change just before this started happening?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

maryy <maryy.xqbua@outlookforum.com> asked:

| Hi All...
|
| I use Outlook XP, recently I found that I can't attach zip files to my
| emails...does anyone know how to solve this problem?
| Is it a setting problem?
|
| Thanks in advance...
|
| Mary
|

| ------------------------------------------------
| ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
| ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
| http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/1/2003 12:34:41 AM
HI AL,

I USE OUTLOOK 2003,RECENTLY I FOUND THAT I CAN'T ATTACH ZIP FILES
TO MY EMAIL.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?

IS IT A SETTING PROBLEM.

YIANNIS

~~View and post usenet messages directly fro
http://www.ExcelForum.com

--
y.demetriouPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

What happens when you try?

"y.demetriou" <y.demetriou.1qlzzm@> wrote in message

> HI AL,
>
> I USE OUTLOOK 2003,RECENTLY I FOUND THAT I CAN'T ATTACH ZIP FILES
> TO MY EMAIL.
> DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
>
> IS IT A SETTING PROBLEM.

0
vince8328 (2733)

Prevent .pif, .scr, .exe, .ini, .com etc.. files from passing through?
How do you prevent files with certain extensions from passing through the exchange 2003 server? Thank you. most anti-virus solutions can be configured to block files with these extensions... "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:511d01c49129$39f76de0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you prevent files with certain extensions from > passing through the exchange 2003 server? > > Thank you. We use Groupshield 6.0 sp1. I should call and ask them. Thanks for the tip. >-----Original Message----- >most anti-virus solutions can be configured ...

how to get file id in C#
how to get file id in C# is there any kind of unique id that can be obtained for any file in a file system? Hi, You can you use hash algorithm, it creates representation of file's content. It would be unique to all the files. But yuo'll get the same result for the same file with different name. HashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm = HashAlgorithm.Create( "SHA1" ); FileStream fileStream = new FileStream( fullFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read ); byte[] hashCode = hashAlgorithm.ComputeHash( fileStream ); Foo "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wro...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-
Outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-mail. This is totally bizarre. ...

Crashed Drive
Hi, I had the dreaded blue screen at one of my stores yesterday. I am bringing the store up on another computer. I have a backup dbase, but it is not as current as I would like (I know - stupid). I was able to access the drive in safe mode and copy the sql files. But, I can't figure out how to attach them. I have tried several methods from online sources and have come up with numerous syntax errors. Any help would be appreciated. I hate to lose the data when it is there. Thanks Bill Hobby Central Here's the simplest way if you have the original db files handy -- 1. Run...

"requireAdministrator" in Manifest file
Hi, I use the XML sample shown in the section: "Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a manifest file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Properties. But I get a warning saying: Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the application to run with administrator privi...

Cannot Find File error message
We have several users that have been getting a "Cannot find file xyz.xl (or one of its components)..." when they try to launch an xls Excel fil from Windows explorer or an icon. Sometimes the users are using th files ok and then the next time they go in and try to launch the files this message appears. We use a tool called Installshield to updat their files and install any new xls files. Is there a reason why w may be getting this message? This file actually does exist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore ...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

saving attachments #3
I have Outlook Express and I am unable to save attachments from e-mail messages. They show up but they are greyed out and I can not open them or save them Thanks Look here for help and more info on this subject: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Michael" <lundmich@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:032e01c34fd5$c85492c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook Express and I am unable to sav...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

multiple generation Excel workbook file size reduction
I have a workbook that has been updated each month for several years and re-saved as the current month. For example in Feb-2007 the Jan-2007 file was used, modified for Feb-2007 and then saved as Feb-2007. In Mar-2007, the Feb-2007 file was used, modified for Mar-2007 and then saved as Mar-2007. This was done for several years and now the file which probably started out as 1MB is now 25+MB. Is there anyway to clean this up to reduce the file size? How about separating out all the 2007 data and save that as Archive_2007.xls, and similar for 2008 (in Jan 2009), so that each year you start w...

Find byte pattern in file (still desperate for solution)
I'm still desperately looking for a solution to this question. I need a very intelligent way to find an array of bytes within a file, but not only that preferably a regex expression of sorts. For example my database has around 50,000 regex entries such as "FFFF.*BB0403.*FF" that I want to turn into a byte array then search for. I understand how to go about writing my own code for this, however it is a little over my head when we're dealing with searching so many patterns against many files while trying to be speedy about the operation. Does anyone have any g...

access to attachments #2
When I receive an attachment of any kind I am unable to open it. It says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" How can this be overcome? Look in the Security Options (Menu: Tools/Options) for how our OE is configured to handle attachments. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms jb wrote: > When I receive an attachment of any kind I am unable to > open it. It says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachments in your mail" > > How can this be overcome? ...

outlook 2000, problem with outlook.pst file
I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones although I can read them. I get a message with the path.../outlook.pst cannot be accessed. accessed denied. this message would come after a few minutes while the computer tries to operate. What should I do as I have a lot of messages in the file I would not like to loose. The file outlook.pst is there and I could not find any virus. Thank you M. Beraha On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:25:36 -0700, "Monis Beraha" <mberaha@biznetvigator.com> wrote: >I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones >although I ...

Pack and Go: Publisher could not save this file.
Publisher could not save this file. You may be out of disk space. Try freeing up disk space and then using Pack and Go again. Version 2003. SP w/ SP2. all updates, patches, etc. Any ideas? Should i just convert to PDF? ...

troubles with delimited files
I receive orders via CSV files. Below is one of the troublemakers. If you notice, the sku# is 9185 and the 16 digit following ends in 9185. Great! No matter if I open as CSV, TXT, or cut-n-paste, then opt to delimit into columns, the 16 digit number will always resolve to 9990000000009180 which is a mismatch. Also, with the cell not wide enough, it displays as 9.99E+15. All other similar 16 digit numbers would display as 999E+15 and delimit without issue. 0140160852,John Doe,222 daley st,,,boston,MA,03125,US,555-555-5555,CG,,9185,9990000000009185,2,10626315001,1,Y,UOL,,,store ...

my file using one note cannot be viewed completely if i e-mail it
i created a file with some pictures and handwriting, and e-mailed to friends who are using different e-mail servers, however the complete file cannot be viewed by friends who are using yahoo or hotmail accounts. some are broken up and some must save it on desktop and open to view. do recipients have to have one note program built in their computer? it will be waste of money if it only works with having one note program..... They need OneNote to open the *.one files, but the text of the message body should be viewable in any mail program that accepts HTML and doesn't block images...

Attachment HOSES Exchange!
Hi All, I have a strange problem with an Exchange 2003 Standard Server (running on W2K3). We are running Norton AV for Exchange as well as Symantec Gateway. When one particular user sends an email message to multiple recipients with a 1.4MB ZIP attachment (containing an MDB file), it never gets sent. It establishes all the SMTP connections, then just sits in the queue indefinitely. This brings the our internet connection to its knees, because of a flood of network activity. We haven't analyzed the packets to see what exactly is being sent/received, but these messages never leave the ...

Restore files only view the last month emails
I have outlook 2003 i added mi windows XP Pro to Domain then Xp create a new profile. I try to restore files from old user profile, but when i made it Only e-mails from last month and past appears !!! Please if somebody have any answer for this problem Please Help me After to made it i clean a virus called BackDoor.Berbew.F but i don't know if this was the problem. I search for All Pst files and any have mails from this month June ...

How do I specify a specific char delimiter for my file, when I sa.
How can/do I specify a specific char delimiter for a file when I save it? One possible solution http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Mystic Vampyr" <Mystic Vampyr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B18FE66-B36B-445D-B244-62647E432957@microsoft.com... > How can/do I specify a specific char delimiter for a file when I save it? ...

unable to send mail with or without attachment
I have an email address with BT and find I am unable to configure Windows Live Mail to send emails. I can receive them fine, but when I try to send I get an error message saying it is unable to support SSL. I'm a bit of a novice and don't really know what this means, so would appreciate any help in this matter. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Have you unchecked the SSL options? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Haroon rashid" <Haroon rashid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

SQL Job sending a file to a network directory?
Hi, I am trying to create a Job in SQL Server 2005 and have an output file being sent to a local directory. I can do this no problem by sending the file to a local directory, but when I try to send this to a Network directory, the process still runs successfully but the file does not show in the specificed network drive. Is it possible to send files this way? Below is how I am sending it to the Network Directory. =91\\myservername\global$\myfiles\=94 Any thoughts and/or suggestions would greatly be apprciated and thank you in advance for any help! Replied in .programming ...

Converting Text Boxed to .GIF files when exporting to web
I have a Publisher file that is converting text boxes to .gif files. Is there a way to have it convert it to something that is editable in the text\html editor? Andy wrote: > I have a Publisher file that is converting text boxes to .gif files. Is > there a way to have it convert it to something that is editable in the > text\html editor? It is converting to *.gif because you have text boxes or object that are too close or overlapping. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...