Can't add more addresses in OL 2000

I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my
current list.  They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are
correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can
send mail from any of the new addresses.

What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server.
I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail
program and see it.

When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are
listed in the box, only the previous 6.  When I went back to Tools and
deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up under Tools,
Send/Receive.

Finally, if I create the same 3 accounts in Outlook Express, I can
download from the server just fine.

Can anyone explain this strange behavior?

Paul Fenton
pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com
0
pfenton1 (10)

Addresses or Accounts?  They are _very_ different animals.  Also, what =
mode are you running Outlook 2000 in, Internet Mail Only or Corporate or =
Workgroup?  (Check Help->About if unsure.)

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Paul Fenton asked:

| I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my
| current list.  They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are
| correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can
| send mail from any of the new addresses.
|=20
| What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server.
| I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail
| program and see it.
|=20
| When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are
| listed in the box, only the previous 6.  When I went back to Tools and
| deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up under Tools,
| Send/Receive.
|=20
| Finally, if I create the same 3 accounts in Outlook Express, I can
| download from the server just fine.
|=20
| Can anyone explain this strange behavior?
|=20
|=20
| Paul Fenton
| pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com
0
MillyS (3228)
10/25/2006 2:49:56 AM
Milly, thank you for the response and I apologize for not answering
sooner.

We're using Outlook in Internet Mail mode and I'm trying to add
additional accounts.  e.g. me@yahoo.com, you@msn.com,
them@microsoft.com.

Paul Fenton

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:49:56 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>Addresses or Accounts?  They are _very_ different animals.  Also, what mode are you running Outlook 2000 in, Internet Mail Only or Corporate or Workgroup?  (Check Help->About if unsure.)
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
>unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
>reading.
>
>After furious head scratching, Paul Fenton asked:
>
>| I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my
>| current list.  They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are
>| correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can
>| send mail from any of the new addresses.
>|
>| What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server.
>| I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail
>| program and see it.
>|
>| When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are
>| listed in the box, only the previous 6.  When I went back to Tools and
>| deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up under Tools,
>| Send/Receive.
>|
>| Finally, if I create the same 3 accounts in Outlook Express, I can
>| download from the server just fine.
>|
>| Can anyone explain this strange behavior?
>|

>| Paul Fenton
>| pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com
0
pfenton1 (10)
11/21/2006 9:37:58 PM
Man, I need to dig into the deeper recesses of my brain for this one - =
it has been a really long time since I used Outlook 2000 IMO.  Have you =
checked with the help files for "add a new email account"?

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Paul Fenton asked:

| Milly, thank you for the response and I apologize for not answering
| sooner.
|=20
| We're using Outlook in Internet Mail mode and I'm trying to add
| additional accounts.  e.g. me@yahoo.com, you@msn.com,
| them@microsoft.com.
|=20
|=20
| Paul Fenton
|=20
| On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:49:56 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:
|=20
|| Addresses or Accounts?  They are _very_ different animals.  Also,
|| what mode are you running Outlook 2000 in, Internet Mail Only or
|| Corporate or Workgroup?  (Check Help->About if unsure.) =20
||=20
|| --?
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||=20
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||=20
|| After furious head scratching, Paul Fenton asked:
||=20
||| I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my
||| current list.  They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers
||| are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup
||| and I can send mail from any of the new addresses.
|||=20
||| What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the
||| server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's
||| mail program and see it.
|||=20
||| When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are
||| listed in the box, only the previous 6.  When I went back to Tools
||| and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up under Tools,
||| Send/Receive.
|||=20
||| Finally, if I create the same 3 accounts in Outlook Express, I can
||| download from the server just fine.
|||=20
||| Can anyone explain this strange behavior?
|||=20
|||=20
||| Paul Fenton
||| pfenton@nospam.plgassociates.com
0
MillyS (3228)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

OL 2000 calendar sharing
All I want to do is share 2 calendars between 2 networked computers-I'd settle for one shared calendar at this point- HELP! System:2 networked computers running OL 2000 one W98SE one W98. Email:2 separate addresses-primary account with isp set as default and sub account with same isp set as default on 2nd computer. Objective:Share OL calendar on each computer Problem: I get the "Accept" button displayed in an email but a message that says "This folder is already being used by Net Folders". ...

Excel Add Ins

2000 Deluxe Online Payments
I receive a message that the last time I tried to contact my financial institution was interrupted and I must finish this call prior to sending any additional payments. Everytime I try to send a payment it states that it is unable to contact financial institution. I had this happen once before and MS support had me delete something and it worked. I can't remember what that was...any help would be appreciated. ...

Add on

Resolving addresses from contacts folder
Hi, How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up in the Address Book? These email addresses show as underlined in the contacts folder but yet dont appear in the address book. Thanks for any help Ramesh Your contacts folder is set to be viewed as an address book? It should be! Resolving addresses works differently. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:%23p0C$jflIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up > in the Address Book? These...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

"unable to opne your default e mail address"
I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? Might try going thru the Mail applet in the control panel to remove/add/edit your e-mail account settings. "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB10E0BA-0557-4527-87FD-4CE7CA267739@microsoft.com... I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Recover deleted items crashes Outlook 2000
When I try to recover deleted items Outlook crashes as soon as the window comes up. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks! ...

SMTP Address Not Being Created
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 A user was created and a mailbox created as well. The SMTP address is not showing up in the users account even after a wait of several hours. When clicking on Exchange Tasks, deleting the mailbox, then recreating it succesffuly, the SMTP address still does not appear. If I create the SMTP address manually, I get the following error in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 7:30:17 AM User: N/A Computer: MXCA2 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountContr...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Users "don't have valid e-mail addresses" in workflows
Hi! I try to create a workflow that should mail users when they're assigned stuff in CRM 4. I put either Owner or User(Owner(User)) in the to field, but the workflow hangs on wait claiming the users don't have valid e-mail addresses. All users have a valid entry in the "Primary E-mail" field. -- Lars-Erik what value u have in FROM field ? In form assistance try with these values . Look for Account owner (User) user /Aamir Of course. That's what I get for not being thorough. :) The from user did not have a valid e-mail. Thanks. L-E Super ! /Aamir ...

Brand New to OL 2007
Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007? I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for something. I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every minute. You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them to a mail folder (in OE) to review later. If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in Outlook then copy a...

Address Reports
Would it be possible to consider upgrading the reporting facility in Money to allow printing of reports, invoices, receipts, credit notes, letters etc to payees' addresses? It seems strange that one can store a tremendous amount of adress and contact information in Money, but it can't be used for anything else than a look-up reference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...