Can't Access Newsgroups - Help

How do you get to the newsgroups in Outlook 2003 Pro? I've followed
the help instructions and they don't work.

Dan
0
joe6328 (14)

If your News command is missing, try the following -- it seems to work for
many:

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your
machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting success
with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
/newsonly switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
newsreader via the News command in Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:f00610dui533ra99jpgeb5s14g8di57246@4ax.com,
Dan wrote:

> How do you get to the newsgroups in Outlook 2003 Pro? I've followed
> the help instructions and they don't work.
>
> Dan

Jocelyn,

Thanks much. It worked just like you said:~)

Dan

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:esINvYt4DHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> If your News command is missing, try the following -- it seems to work for
> many:
>
> To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel
|
> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
> OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
> it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
> button.
>
> You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot
your
> machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting
success
> with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
> can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
> /newsonly switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
> newsreader via the News command in Outlook.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:f00610dui533ra99jpgeb5s14g8di57246@4ax.com,
> Dan wrote:
>
> > How do you get to the newsgroups in Outlook 2003 Pro? I've followed
> > the help instructions and they don't work.
> >
> > Dan

0
joe6328 (14)

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

TAP2 beta newsgroup
Hi, Is this up and running? I can only see the system announment forum! Thanks Mike if you are part of the beta you will see instructions on how to access on the beta website -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:dc5fi1$296$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > Is this up and running? I can only see the system announment forum! > > Thanks > > Mike > > Mike I had the same issue when I was first registered. If you have followed all the instruction...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...

OWA Newsgroup
Good morning. Does anyone know if there is a newsgroup for Outlook Web Access (OWA)? Thanks. -- Colleen Gayle Lane Milton Public Library http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=owa&dg=&cat=en-us-technet-exchserv&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=328BAFD2-1A81-4558-B1DE-B6EB49F31B7E&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Colleen Gayle Lane"...

help
Hi, I'm trying to turn the warning message off when I use: Cells.Replace What:="Z Divisional Totals", Replacement:="Divisional Totals", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False Second part is: Is there a way to check either the column and rows filled to create border where is pointed to "APPLYBORDER". Your help would be much apprecated. r = Range("A10").End(xlDown).Row ApplyBorder Range("A10", "A" & r) ApplyBorder Range("B10", "B" & r) ApplyBorder Range("C10", "C&qu...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Help with passing a string variable into a parameter
hello! here is my problem. I have built a dynamic string called @filepath as char50 i need to place it in: SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', @filePath, 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]') does any one know the correct syntax??? for passing a parameter here OPENROWSET does not accept variables as arguments. You have to use dynamic SQL to build your query (append the @filePath) and execute. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Mar 11, 1:25=A0pm, Plamen Ratchev <Pla...@SQLStudio.com> wrote: > OPENROWSET does not accept variab...

Crime Analyst needs help...
I need an Excel macro to find clusters within a list of 6 figure eastin and northing co-ordinates. I can readily export a three column sprea sheet with the column headings: 'crime number' 'easting' 'northing' What I'm after is a Macro to produce additional columns with th headings: 'crimes within 10 metres' 'crimes within 50 metres' 'crimes within 100 metres' 'crimes within 1 kilometre' These can obviously be calculated from the easting and northin columns. I've had a go myself with no success. I've also looked on th web a...

O 2003
Installed the newsgroup function. Worked fine. Now can't find the 'News' menu -- even in 'customize toolbar'. No way to turn on the newsgroup reader! To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize. http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/0007...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...

clear historical quotes
I just upgraded to 2007 trial version (from 2003) and I find what appears to be an undocumented item, so I'm wondering what it does. I'm on the Portfolio Manager screen, and on the left side, I click on Other Tasks->More-> and there's a "Clear historical quotes" menu item. I don't find it documented in the help file, nor in the FAQ, nor on this newsgroup, yet. I'm wondering if anyone's been brave enough to click on it and could tell us what it does? Does it reduce the size of your file? How much? I would hope it does NOT just do a wholesale de...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...

Code Access Security
I have written a Web User Control that runs inside of Sharepoint, but when I want to use a custom convertor class to convert an XML attribute I get the following error: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed. Basically I start with a DataSet that I then want to transform into HTML via an XSL stylesheet. I do not appear to be able to use the XsltArgumentList Extension Object. >From what I have found this object requires FULL TRUST. If I comment out the args.AddExtensionObject("urn:trimble-date", Convertor); the code works fine. This code basically i...

Why Excel is accessing Internet & Slowing Excel Performance
Whenever I have my wireless connection on, every action I perform in Excel is extremely slow and I notice my wireless icon in the tray is activated. It looks like it sending data. The Excel Data is locate on my hard drive, so it should not be looking for anything over the wireless. When I shut down the wireless, the performace of Excel return. Could it be that excel is trying to get to the online help? Tools|options|General Tab|Service Options button Online Content category (modify as you like) -- You can get there through the Help|Customer Feedback Options, too. I should have aske...

convert .csv file to .cub using access
I am using Microsoft Access to work with a .CSV file that contains 250,000 rows of information. I'd like to convert that file to a .CUB file so that I can use Microsoft Data Analyzer to "drill" down the information. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi John, As I understand it, the normal way would be to use the Cube Wizard in the OLAP Manager, after importing and normalising the file into SQL Server tables. It may be possible to use the Cube Wizard against an ODBC connection to an MDB file. But as I understand it the point of using OLAP cubes is to denormalise a set of views...

word template ... PLEASE HELP !
Hello, I am trying to insert a word template into a publisher. However all my tries didnt achieve the purpose. I tried to import the document but it didnt take the graphic template only the wording were converted into the publisher. I tried to copy paste the template but i AM not able to do so because i cant even select it through the word document. I tried to take a screen capture and then use paint and to get in only the template then I inserted it into the publisher. It worked but the problem, the qualit of the picture is not good and I need to get this template for my publi...