Can't Access Links In Outlook or Outlook Express

I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could open
links in my Outlook E-mail.  This no longer works.
When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using Outlook.  I
tried reinstalling but this did not help.  Links will work however in
SBC/Yahoo mail.  I prefer Outlook.  Can anyone help me?  I am using XP Pro
with 512 Gig Ram and a 80 Gig HD.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0
counsel2 (17)

counsel2@sbcglobal.net <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could
> open links in my Outlook E-mail.  This no longer works.
> When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using
> Outlook.

Have you tried resetting the web settings?  IN IE, click Tools>Internet
Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/21/2004 1:56:50 PM
Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link.

"counsel2@sbcglobal.net" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could open
> links in my Outlook E-mail.  This no longer works.
> When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using Outlook.  I
> tried reinstalling but this did not help.  Links will work however in
> SBC/Yahoo mail.  I prefer Outlook.  Can anyone help me?  I am using XP Pro
> with 512 Gig Ram and a 80 Gig HD.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0
Dee (107)

Vacation Request Approval Outlook
Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone other than the sender? I would like to automate this process: I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my supervisors and my manager. My supervisors will then approve (or deny) my request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager thus informing everyone on the invite list. I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now. any ideas??? Thanks in advance. You have the option of having replies sent to someone other than yourse...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Hyper Link in Outlook 2000
We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 as Mail Clients. If I sent an Excel file as hyperlink (Internally)and when the Recipient click on the hyperlink, the excel file opens in Internet Explorer. Is there any configuration that when the recipient click on the link it opens in excel? Thanks in advance Diwakar ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Outlook Express(6.0) INBOX Problem
I have a problem with M.S Outlook Express where I appear to have ten messages permanantly stuck in my INBOX.No matter how many times I try to access them or do a send/receive they remain "stuck" in there.I think this may have something to do with my McAfee Internet suite(8.0) which I have just had to reinstall.I have tried disabling all elements of Mcafee in case one of these is inhibiting the "release of my O.E INBOX , but still no joy.Do I have to reinstall Outlook EXpress and if so will I lose all my e mails etc.I can in the mean time send and receive E mails as per normal a...

Access

Outlook signature moves after sending
I have a user with Outlook 2002 with a signature which moves up above the message text of the email after it is sent. The signature is from an rtf file and this only happens with plain text messages. He'll type his message then insert the signature after the text. After the email is sent, and you check the Sent Items copy, the message text has been placed below the signature. The email looks fine before it's sent. I tried creating a new signature for him and it still does it. ...

access mail on WEB

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Outlook crash when open shared calendar
Hi, We run Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 as client. Outlook will crash no matter which desktop user A log into when open user B's shared calendar, but user A is able to open other people's shared calendar fine. This problem can be repeated on different desktops. On same desktop, some user can open user B's shared calendar, but Outlook crash for others. It's very weird. It's seems something to do with the user's account, but cannot figure out what's the problem with the user account. So far only user B’s calendar will cause Outlook crush. I got ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

OUTLOOK #47
Just installed a new SBS 2000 server and installed Outlook 2002 to each workstation. Previously each workstation used a login name (say Fred)and used Outlook Express 6, but with Outlook we are accessing work-stations with new user Id's in Windows 2000. How do I get the new login using Oulook 2002 to import the old login name Outlook Express 6 address books? I think you'd have to get the current user account's incarnation of OE to recognize the address book first then import into Outlook. See if this site has any help in that regard: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Ian...

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

Outlook Web Access #19

Link in Text box
I have text box links to data in the worksheet in 2003. When I open the file in 2007 the links do not update. How can I get 2007 to automatically update the text boxes without reestablishing the links? ...

How do I back up entire Outlook, contacts, email, etc.?
How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. By copying your outlook data file.(with outlook closed) Or using the free backup addin available on MS outlook site "Michelle Buonfiglio" <MichelleBuonfiglio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1DDB57-44D3-4471-AC41-55252699B371@microsoft.com... > How do I back up this stuff to desktop or disk, please? Thanks. Excellent information located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://...