can someone help with this error?

Error:
"The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your
administrator"

One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated
from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email
contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to
open the forwarded message that the error occurs.

Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same
version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages
deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar indicates it is
in HTML format. When I view the source the graphics look embeded.. ie. they
have a long string as the src like img
src=cid:kjdkajfdza;kdfzzkdjkdfkdfjkfdkjdfsakjakjdf. Note that the message I
am viewing was forwarded to me by the user that can not view it... so I
don't know if that in itself changed anything.

What can cause this error? How can I enable her to view this email?

any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Using Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)

0
noone1 (387)

This is a forms cache issue. Since you're using Outlook 2000, the only way
to clear the cache is to find the file frmcache.dat on the user's hard drive
and delete it. Make sure you do this when Outlook is closed.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

"djc" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Error:
> "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your
> administrator"
>
> One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that
> originated
> from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email
> contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to
> open the forwarded message that the error occurs.
>
> Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same
> version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages
> deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar indicates it is
> in HTML format. When I view the source the graphics look embeded.. ie.
> they
> have a long string as the src like img
> src=cid:kjdkajfdza;kdfzzkdjkdfkdfjkfdkjdfsakjakjdf. Note that the message
> am viewing was forwarded to me by the user that can not view it... so I
> don't know if that in itself changed anything.
>
> What can cause this error? How can I enable her to view this email?
>
> any info is appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Using Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)

0
patriciac (522)
10/8/2004 5:10:54 PM
that was it. Thanks!

"Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" <patriciac@mvps.org> wrote in message
> This is a forms cache issue. Since you're using Outlook 2000, the only way
> to clear the cache is to find the file frmcache.dat on the user's hard
drive
> and delete it. Make sure you do this when Outlook is closed.
>
> --
> Patricia Cardoza
> Outlook MVP
> Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
> Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003
>
> http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
>
> "djc" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Error:
> > "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact
your
> > administrator"
> >
> > One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that
> > originated
> > from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email
> > contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking
> > open the forwarded message that the error occurs.
> >
> > Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same
> > version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded'
messages
> > deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar indicates it
is
> > in HTML format. When I view the source the graphics look embeded.. ie.
> > they
> > have a long string as the src like img
> > src=cid:kjdkajfdza;kdfzzkdjkdfkdfjkfdkjdfsakjakjdf. Note that the
message
> > am viewing was forwarded to me by the user that can not view it... so I
> > don't know if that in itself changed anything.
> >
> > What can cause this error? How can I enable her to view this email?
> >
> > any info is appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > Using Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)

0
noone1 (387)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Integration Manager error #2
Is anyone familiar with this error from the Itegration Manager: "DOC 1 ERROR: Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript library." I get this when running a payroll transaction integreation. The import file is a flat text file located on a network drive. IM runs other integrations on this PC. Regards, - Greg Crowe ...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

timesheet entry error #2
When we enter timesheets, we get the error that the pay code does not exist for the employee in the rate table. I looked at the KB 874621 as well and everything checks out. We get our cost and billing from employee rate table. Surprisingly we are getting this error for the project for all the employees. Apart from making sure that the employee with his salary paycode (as he is a salary employee) is defined in the rate table, what else can I check? ...

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...

Help with formula #23
A B C 1 360 240 50% 2 500 750 150% With the information in A and B, how do I get the results shown in C? I'm trying to figure efficacy of each assembly. B is the time allotted for that product. Hi, I'm not sure you can get to those two results with one formula, they don't seem to follow the same logic. What exactly is "efficacy" of an assembly? And what do the number represent? Give us some detail and we might be able to help. In the first case it looks like (360-240)/240 = 50% but that calculation doesn't make any sense in t...

Bulk attachments

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

outlook error...Operation Failed
I have been using outlook for many years and in the last week I am not able to open outlook. It appears it is going to open up and then at the last second and error message comes up "Operation Failed." I have removed and reinstalled outlook and I can't get past this error message? Anybody know how I can correct this? Scott How about posting some details about your Outlook version and setup? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Rules in error dialog box
I am receiving an error dialog box saying 'Rules in error'each time I start Outlook or a new mail arrives. It says it cannot move messages to the folder. I then deleted all the rules, recreated them; verified that a valid folder exists. Also verified that the .pst file is valid. Any ideas. TIA. G'Day Bob, 1. Disable all rules for (say) 2 to 3 days. 2. After this time, use the "Run now..." option for each rule. 3. If there are still errors, THEN a Rule is incorrect. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ ...

Can (or how can) I do this

Help! #16
Hi, I've heard it's possible to use Outlook 97 to book resources like projectors and meeting rooms but can't seem to find how to do this. I've looked on the net but had no luck. Can anyone start me off or point me in the right direction? Also, is it possible to give everyone access to a global calendar to see who is in the building and who, like Elvis has left the building using Outlook? Thanks a tonne. I've used this functionality before and I believe it's somehow related to Exchange. The Resources need to be set up on your system. If they aren't set up, yo...

Can not archive