Can Recieve email but cannot send out

For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
suggestions?
0
anonymous (74717)

are you getting any kind of error back?

"Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
> connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
> disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
> suggestions?

0
susan7353 (1225)
5/13/2004 6:32:18 PM
"Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
> connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
> disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
> suggestions?

Mark

I had the opposite problem.

Check settings in Options --->Mail Setup----->Send/Receive

Dick

0
ubetrap (4)
5/13/2004 7:19:03 PM
I've been getting this since last week with Outlook 2000.  Prior to
that, it was fine.

My error message is: "The SMTP server responded with an error.
(Account: 'pop3.comcast.net', SMTP Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Error
Number: 0x800ccc60"

I have also tried shutting off NAV and ZoneAlarm without success.
Also deleting and re-creating my mail account within Outlook.

"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<u5W3liROEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> are you getting any kind of error back?
>
> "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
> > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
> > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
> > suggestions?
0
heckmanm (2)
5/14/2004 1:27:28 AM
Mike

It's probably a good idea to speak to Comcast Support. It might not be a problem your end

Regards
Ash.
0
anonymous (74717)
5/14/2004 9:51:07 AM
I am getting this same problem - error 0x800cc67.  I even
have another laptop connected to my network - It
sends/receives just fine.

wrote in message
>> For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
>> connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
>> disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
>> suggestions?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
5/14/2004 1:36:43 PM
can you telnet to that smtp server on port 25?  if not, the problem may be
on their side, not yours...

"Mike Heckman" <heckmanm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been getting this since last week with Outlook 2000.  Prior to
> that, it was fine.
>
> My error message is: "The SMTP server responded with an error.
> (Account: 'pop3.comcast.net', SMTP Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Error
> Number: 0x800ccc60"
>
> I have also tried shutting off NAV and ZoneAlarm without success.
> Also deleting and re-creating my mail account within Outlook.
>
> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > are you getting any kind of error back?
> >
> > "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
> > > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
> > > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
> > > suggestions?

0
susan7353 (1225)
5/14/2004 1:45:52 PM
Mark Sanford <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet
> connection, and can receive emails. I have tried
> disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any
> suggestions?

Are you properly authenticating to your outbound server?
--
Brian Tillman
0

I wonder if all of the other people reporting similar problems had
them suddenly clear up...

"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<e8ZPNnbOEHA.1160@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> can you telnet to that smtp server on port 25?  if not, the problem may be
> on their side, not yours...
>
> "Mike Heckman" <heckmanm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I've been getting this since last week with Outlook 2000.  Prior to
> > that, it was fine.
> >
> > My error message is: "The SMTP server responded with an error.
> > (Account: 'pop3.comcast.net', SMTP Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Error
> > Number: 0x800ccc60"
> >
> > I have also tried shutting off NAV and ZoneAlarm without success.
> > Also deleting and re-creating my mail account within Outlook.
> >
> > "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > are you getting any kind of error back?
> > >
> > > "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
0
heckmanm (2)

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Bulk attachments

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Unable to send mail to public folders
Hello, We have an exchange 2003 env. Some users, are all of a sudden unable to send to public folders they normally send to. They get an NDR but everybody else is file. Can anyone thing of anything that might cause this? Something like ACL change? GUID? Anything... Thanks What is the text of the NDR? Are they internal users or external users? Perhaps the anonymous permissions on that folder were changed? -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/ "xmis1" <xmis1@discuss...

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...