Can PST file be import with OE V6?

I'm trying to import file from OUTLOOK 2000 (*.PST) into
my new laptop with Outlook Express (V6).

But whenever I choose OUTLOOK for import I get an error
messages "Cannot import messages from MAPI client". This
is even before I need to tell OE what&where the file is
located.

Does anybody know how I can import *.PST file into OE V6?

Thanks,

I no longer have the Outlook programe disk anymore (only
*.PST file backup).

Are there any other solution than to install Outlook to
this new laptop?  :)

If not I guess I'll just have to buy Outlook again just
to fix it :(

pst as it's default
>message store.
>2) Import into OE.
>

>--
>Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
>
>Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?
as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:57:13 -0700, "jarama" <james_rama@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>I no longer have the Outlook programe disk anymore (only
>*.PST file backup).
>
>Are there any other solution than to install Outlook to
>this new laptop?  :)

You could import your .pst file from Outlook into Outlook Express on
your old computer. Then you'd just have to transfer your Outlook
Express files into the Outlook Express on your new computer.
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA

folders
>under "Personal Folder". It can see only folders which is
>located on the mail server.
>
>Do you know how can I get it to see those personal email
>folders in Outlook?
>
>Thank you.

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Automatic pst backup
All, I am running outlook 2003 and would like to know if it is possible to automatically backup my personel folders on a regular basis without being prompted. For example every 5 days my personel folders (.pst) is automatically backed up without prompting me? I am aware of the Microsoft pst backup tool but this prompts you to perform a back plus you have to close Outlook down. Thanks Msuk You'll need to close Outlook down or you can't make a back-up because the file is locked. You can schedule your Outlook to close at night, make a backup and then have it start again. To get...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

Can not archive

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Search file properties
I continue to get the message "no files found" when I go to File, Open, Tools, Search, Advanced; type in Property (date, author, etc), Condition (includes etc), Value etc..... Could there be an Option that I need to select or unselect to get this Search feature to work? I have saved test workbooks with properties on my desktop and the Search feature can't find them. Thank you Stephen Butter Stephen: This information helped me a great deal. Thanks for publishing to this discussion group. I couldn't find info on how to search property fields in online help...you're des...