Can "Out of Office" calendar items switch on automatic email repli

I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone know
of a not so standard way?
The scenario:
I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook
switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration.
Solution:
?
Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment, probably
at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get a
reminder for the meeting.
Am I asking too much :)

Version of Office? Type of mail account?

"voxstealth" <voxstealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone
know
> of a not so standard way?
> The scenario:
> I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook
> switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration.
> Solution:
> ?
> Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment,
probably
> at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get
> reminder for the meeting.
> Am I asking too much :)

0
korland (145)
8/10/2009 12:43:28 PM
Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 allow you to schedule OOF in advance but only for
one OOF period at a time (which may or may not include multiple
appointments). When you come back into the office you can set up the next.
They are not tied to the calendar or appointments - you need to remember to
set it.

older versions do not allow you to set up OOF ahead of time - you are either
in or out and need to set OOF up when you leave.
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"voxstealth" <voxstealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am fairly sure there is not a standard way to do this, but does anyone
> know
> of a not so standard way?
> The scenario:
> I've booked an appointment as all day and/or "out of office" and Outlook
> switches on/off automatic replies for me for that duration.
> Solution:
> ?
> Obviously I would want to tailor the message for each appointment,
> probably
> at the time I set the meeting, with the option to change/cancel when I get
> reminder for the meeting.
> Am I asking too much :)

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/10/2009 6:30:41 PM
Yeah that might help.

Office 2010 Technical Preview with exchange 2003 server account - moving to
exchange 2007 sometime soon.

"K. Orland" wrote:

> Version of Office? Type of mail account?

Automatic "Out of Office" Reply
I use outlook to schedule my meetings/appts. Wondering if there is anyway, when I set a meeting on my calendar and show time as Out of Office, if outlook would generate or invoke and Out of Office type reply so people sending me e- mail know not to expect an immediate response. ...

Determine When Out of Office is Enabled
Unique request. Exchange 2007 Server 2008 SP2 Outlook 2007 Windows XP SP3 Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log this information? BWatson wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 21:28 > Unique request. > > Exchange 2007 > Server 2008 SP2 > > Outlook 2007 > Windows XP SP3 > > Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled > Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log &...

How to set an "out of office" reply message?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Can't seem to find how to do this. Thanks for the help. The Out of Office reply feature is only available in Entourage 2008 if you are connected to an Exchange server. If that is not the case, you will need to use workarounds; see this page for more details: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/exchange/outofoffice.html> On 07/03/10 17:52, lindafine@ameritech.net@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power > PC Email...

Eliminate Read, Delivery, and Out of Office Receipts
We have a user that needs to monitor numerous mailboxes in our Exchange 2003 domain. This monitoring is done very discreetly. Basically we want the Monitor to receive any email sent to the recipient. We achived this by forwarding all mail to the monitor's mail box while still delivering to the intended recipient, in the Exchange General\Delivery Options\Forwarding Address area. The problem now is the Monitor is out of the office and has set an out of opffice reply on their mailbox and everyone that sends email to the recipient is receiving an out of office reply from the monitor...

OUTLOOK 2007 Out of Office
I am using Outlook 2007, how do I use "out of office" when I am on vacation? I do not have it under TOOLS. Out of office is an Exchange server feature. If you don't use Exchange, you need to use Rules. Since outlook needs to be running and checking mail, its usually best to set it up on your mail server- many offer a vacation reply option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net...

out of office not functioning
The out of office assistant is not working for only one user on our Exchange 5.5 server. I thought it might be from her client (outlook 2000), but even when I opened up her mailbox on another machine which I knew for sure their Out of office was working, it did not work for her profile. I changed the message to a shorter message, just in case that was the problem, but did not resolve it. Any ideas? P.S. The out of office setting is set correctly on the Exchange server since it is working for everyone. Is there any setting that I have to check just for her account? Thanks. ...

No 'Out of Office' in Outlook 2007?
Normally found this in tools in prior versions. ' HELP' lead me to a paragraph that suggest that I must check whether I am connected to an exchange server. How to I turn on "out of office" in 2007. Would prefer to be out of office for a single individual. If you don't have the Exchange server, you don't have Out of Office. You may use Rules and Alerts but then your PC an Outlook would need to remain running while you are absent. Otherwise check with your ISP/e-mail provider to see if they have any options. Maurice wrote: > Normally found this ...

Out of Office
Hi, I can't this to work, either using Outlook which gives an error about the server being unavailable, or from within OWA and setting it from there. Where can I troubleshoot this please. SBS 2008 Standard. Exchange 2007 SP2 Thanks Simon 1. Run the tests from www.testexchangeconnectivity.com. There is a specific test for Out Of Office (but it requires an empty inbox, so setup a test account). 2. Secondly, the HTTPS URL that Outlook uses for retrieving OOF is provided by the autodiscover service. If the OOFUrl provided by autodiscover is not valid, OOF will fail. At www...

Selective Out Of Office Reply #2
Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages depending on the sender No, use Wizard Rules to create a custom reply for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:O3QiWKMcEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages > depending on the sender > > ...

Out of Office Issue
I cannot seem to get Out of Office messages working for Internet email. I'm using SBS 2003 R2 and its fully up to date. Through ESM i have enabled "Allow out of office responses". I have also enalbed 'Allow automatic replies' and 'Allow automatic forward' on the "internet message formats" property. I've restared both the SMTP Service and the MS Exchange Routing Engine service. OOO messages are still not being sent to email addresses that originate outside the Exchange organistation. OOO messages are working for internal reci...

Exchange autoreply (out of office assistant) only replies to letters from same domain
We are having an exchange problem. When someone creates an out of offic message the server will autoreply with this note only to letters sen from exchange accounts on this domain and people who sent e-mails fro other domains/companies do not get the autoreply we expect them t get. Any ideas to this problem -- dop ----------------------------------------------------------------------- doph's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=28 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186937158 you have to configure Exchange to allow these to go to the internet...what version Exchan...

Out of Office problems

another adress for out of office messages
is there a way to specify another email adress only for out of office messages to something like noreply_usermailadress@domain.com ... any configuration ideas or sink scripts out there? H.S. wrote: > is there a way to specify another email adress only for out of office > messages to something like noreply_usermailadress@domain.com ... any > configuration ideas or sink scripts out there? No, not for OOF. It comes from the default address on the mailbox itself. But it replies only once per sender, so you are unlikely to experience mail loops. ...

out of office auto reply
how do I activate this You have to create one, or call your ISP. If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an endless loop of bounces. Most ISPs/Mail Servers offer this service which would be a b...

"Leave message intact" Forward method not in Out of Office Assistant
Hello! We use Outlook 2000 at work and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do something similar to the "Leave message intact" Forward method in the Out of Office Assistant, but in the regular Rules Wizard instead. I receive many automatic notification emails when users make changes to the contact names in our database, and since I am not in the office in the morning, they are receive my Out of Office replies all morning long. I was thinking of having Tech Support create a fake contact for these messages to be sent to instead, and then have the messages for...

Outlook Out of Office Assistant #2
We are having a problem with our Out of Office Assistant. It works internally, but does not reply to external emails, which is it's main purpose. Please help! No, its main purpose is to reply to internal mail - it is set this way by default on Exchange. If you want to reply to external mail - read "spam" - turn it on in the properties of your Exchange server. Or use a template and a rule that can exclude spammers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail s...

[How to ] Out of office
I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but only one time to one sender's address. rt <kuzynzewschodu@aa.pl> wrote in message news:e9ifj0$g3c$1@helios.domdata.com... >I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but >only > one time to one sender's address. AFAIK this is Exchange's default behaviour. It is the default behavior to "Internal" sender's only. If you want external senders to receive the Out of office reply, then you need to enable Out of office replies to the Internet,...

how can I see someone is out of office
When I select a name in Webmail I can see their out of office message, however I cannot see where this setting is for Outlook 2007. This is a new feature in Outlook 2010. -- Best regards Malin D "jo" wrote: > When I select a name in Webmail I can see their out of office message, > however I cannot see where this setting is for Outlook 2007. ...

Missing Out of Office Assistant
A client is running Office XP on two new machines. The Out-of-Office Assistant is missing from the Tools menu. We followed the instructions in the Help file (from memory = Tools > Options > Other > Advanced > Add-Ins > Exchange Options) which is checked, but even running Detect and Repair doesn't help. Any ideas? Thanks! What version of Exchange do they have? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Exchange Extensions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my person...

No out of office assistant on tools menu
I do not have out of office assistant on my tools menu. I have tried using "help" and have done the tools>options>other>advanced options>add-in manager>selecetd exchange extension commands clicked ok and nothing happens. There is an install button but that comes up with a whole hosr of filenames. Can anybody advise me how to get it on my tools menu. Thanks Angela If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the ...

how can i activate out of office replies to some domains?
our default-configuration for all domains does not allow send out of office replies to the internet. but i want allow this for one special domain. so i have added a new domain and activate the button "allow out of office reolies", but it doesn't work. what's going wrong? thanks for help alfons ...

Selective Out of Office replies
We're running Outlook 2003 against an Exchange 2000 server (soon to be Exchange 2003). I have a "normal" e-mail account - myname@mycompany.com and an alias on that account which we use on our web site - info@mycompany.com. If I turn on Out Of Office, and someone sends a message to info@mycompany.com, they get my auto-reply from myname@mycompany.com . Is there a way to configure the auto-reply for Out of Office to only send it back to people who mailed myname@ and not info@? If not, I assume the only option is to set up a separate e-mail account just for info@. TMN <tmn313@h...

Can not turn Out of Office autoreply off
I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! I can not find any information on how to disable it now. Help greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance... "rdlari" <rdlari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA44F8F9-3C34-4800-95D8-238EEB6551EF@microsoft.com... >I was able to set up this feature before I left for vacation. > > I have now returned and the option is no longer on the TOOLS drop down menu! > I can not find any information on how to ...

Need help w/out of office reply
I want to set up email to have out of office reply, but under the directions it says 'go to out of office assistant' under tools, I do not have this option, the directions also say, you must have outlook exchange....how do I get this, or is there another way to do out of office reply message? Thanks and kindest regards, Christine "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22D7ACF0-90D3-4CD9-8DC5-51A058EF0270@microsoft.com > I want to set up email to have out of office reply, but under the > directions it says 'go to out of off...

Out of Office Assistant -won't work externally
Client running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 server. The guy is a salesman for our company and had a baby yesterday. We logged on as him and started up the Out of Office Assistant, taking just the defaults, input text saying when he'd return and turned it on. It works fine internally but will not work externally. It may be a profile error because when I log on to his machine, it works for me. Couldn't find any hits on this in the MS Outlook KB. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks! This is working as designed. OoOA messages go to the internal Exchange organization unless it...