Can not use contact list in Mail Merge

When trying to import a contact list  to use in Mail
Mrge, from Microsoft Outlook, I get the following
message: " Either there is no default mail client or
current mai client cannot fullfil the messaging request.
Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client"
I did that and I get the same messagE.
Mike
0
epsteinmb (1)

I don't understand what you are trying to do. List the precise steps. There
is no need to import a list from Outlook for a mail merge. Your Outlook
Contacts can serve as a data source for a merge.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mike E" <epsteinmb@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> When trying to import a contact list  to use in Mail
> Mrge, from Microsoft Outlook, I get the following
> message: " Either there is no default mail client or
> current mai client cannot fullfil the messaging request.
> Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client"
> I did that and I get the same messagE.
> Mike

0
russval (3097)
11/26/2003 6:16:42 PM
the same happens to me in the german version. i spent 4 hours trying
to repeat something that used to work just fine in office xp: write a
letter, mail-merge with either contacts from outlook or from an excel
spreadsheet - then off you go. not in office 2003. i have checked the
internet low and behold, used google, MS knowledge base - to no avail.
very weird ...
sometimes i did get the configuration to work - then word checked all
the records (in my case ~800) - but no mails appeared in my outbox...
i finally bought a shareware product because i needed to get the job
done TODAY.
regards
r.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<ubsO0lEtDHA.628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> I don't understand what you are trying to do. List the precise steps. There
> is no need to import a list from Outlook for a mail merge. Your Outlook
> Contacts can serve as a data source for a merge.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mike E" <epsteinmb@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > When trying to import a contact list  to use in Mail
> > Mrge, from Microsoft Outlook, I get the following
> > message: " Either there is no default mail client or
> > current mai client cannot fullfil the messaging request.
> > Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client"
> > I did that and I get the same messagE.
> > Mike
0
rainer965 (1)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Global Address List creation in the console
It makes no sense to us that the console interface for creating address lists is not available for creating global address lists. It would be helpful if the same options and the same wizard were available for dealing with global address lists, that are available for dealing with regular address lists. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

how do i do an alphabetical list of songs for a booklet
i need to do a booklet of song titles for karaoke booklets but thgey need to be done in alphabetical order, any ideas what i need ? use Word document -- davidm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davidm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375228 All you need to do is enter the song titles into a column in Excel and you can use the DATA -> SORT command to sort them in "ABC Order". Can you tell I have a school age child...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

How can I rename a database table?

Distribution Lists #19
I run Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. I have no problems sending emails to individual parties. The problem comes when I try to send a group email to a distribution list. When I send to a distribution list, the email will show up in the "Sent" folder but no one will have received it. The next time I try to send any email, I'll get a send/receive error, "Task 'mail.comcast.net-sending and receiving error (0x80042108): Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or in...

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

Can (or how can) I do this