Can no longer load Outlook 2000

I have Windows 98 and have been running Outlook 2000, with
no problems, for a year.  Now, all of a sudden, the
Outlook startup screen comes up and then it freezes.
Don't know that my computer specs matter, but: 160 MB RAM,
Cyrix II processor
0
claudia64 (3)

Have you done a Detect/Repair?
Tried closing any other running apps?
David

"Claudia" <claudia64@excite.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows 98 and have been running Outlook 2000, with
> no problems, for a year.  Now, all of a sudden, the
> Outlook startup screen comes up and then it freezes.
> Don't know that my computer specs matter, but: 160 MB RAM,
> Cyrix II processor

No I haven't.  How do you do this?

0
claudia64 (3)
8/17/2003 7:22:09 PM
Thanks, that did the trick! (I'm posting my thanks for the=20
benefit of those who have posted similar problems on this=20
board.)

using Windows 2000
>or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and=20
system folders.)

>Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open=20
fine.  You will
>need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as=20
the file outcmd.dat
>controls how the toolbars display.  When it becomes=20
corrupted, it will cause
>Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars=20
that you expect.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.

>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
>Claudia <claudia64@excite.com> asked:
>
>| I have Windows 98 and have been running Outlook 2000,=20
with
>| no problems, for a year.  Now, all of a sudden, the
>| Outlook startup screen comes up and then it freezes.
>| Don't know that my computer specs matter, but: 160 MB=20
RAM,
>| Cyrix II processor
>

>.

0
claudia64 (3)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Setup.exe return the error 'not a valid WIN32 file'. (Can not install) What gives???? ...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Outlook Today #43
How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? And where do I find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I first start Outlook) -- The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none. ....Thomas Carlyle Steve <hgd@wsx.inv> wrote: > How do I change the font on the Outlook Today screen? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/236081/en-us > And where do I > find OT - it doesn't appear in my navigation pane (only appears when I > first start Outlook) Click the root of your data store (the one with the "Outlook Today" icon of t...

outlook error...Operation Failed
I have been using outlook for many years and in the last week I am not able to open outlook. It appears it is going to open up and then at the last second and error message comes up "Operation Failed." I have removed and reinstalled outlook and I can't get past this error message? Anybody know how I can correct this? Scott How about posting some details about your Outlook version and setup? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

Need to import contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a freind having trouble with email on the road and she needs to start using Outlook Express rather than Outlook. How do you import Contacts from OUtlook into Outlook Express. Thanks in advance Hi Donnie, please search the *.wab file on your computer after that FILE | IMPORT | Adressbook -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Donnie" <ymivey@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uR0#ZZBcEHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a freind having trouble w...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Selection button not in Outlook 2003
I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, (just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button in the FILE/PRINT/ menu Please help? It only works on HTML formatted messages. On 21 Apr 2004 21:11, =?Utf-8?B?SG93ZWV5?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print a "selection" of a larger article from the internet, >(just as I did in the past using Outlook Express)however there is no button >in the FILE/PRINT/ menu.Please help? > -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Bugs worked out with XP SP2 and Outlook?
When SP2 just came out, one functionality that existed in Outlook 2003 (while using Word as e-mail editor) didn't work anymore, the icons (in Web Tools toolbar) that allowed embedding of sound, video, and marquee text in e-mail. I wrote about that problem here, and there was a response that that is a known bug, that Microsoft was working on. Has there been a fix for this yet, either through a SP2 update, or an Outlook 2003 update? Are you running Windows XP SP2? I think that is what has broken it (or an update to IE). It's broken in Outlook 2003 too. " MS" <ms@nospa...

outlook does not recognize my address book
whenever i open a new email to send, i will click on the 'to' button to insert addresses, nothing is listed in the dropdown menu. there are no addresses listed. when i go into 'properties' for contacts, the box to check to make 'contacts' the address book is not highlighted and i can't make that selection. i'm not sure what to do to make 'contacts' recognized as the address book. Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book, right click the folder choose Properties and Outlook Address Book ensure checkbox to enable as email a...