Can mark unread email as "read"

My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays two
unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as read
does not unmark them. Any ideas?

0
Spin (165)

Doesn't help. The unread message shows up and cannot be marked "read".

"Cris Spencer" <Outlooktech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> View,  current view, Unread messages?
>

> "Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> > My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays
two
> > unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as
read
> > does not unmark them. Any ideas?

0
Spin (165)
7/24/2003 11:13:07 PM
Hi Spin

you wrote:

> My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server)
> displays two unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking
> all items as read does not unmark them. Any ideas?

Some niggly thought rolling in the back of my skull prompted me to check the
sent date on these mails, were they sent from the future?.

--

Regards, Steve. S.

Tea Please, Hot!, 3 Sugars, Coconut Cookies, & no friggin war stories!!.

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...

Reading the all messages in my own font
Hi, I want to read all the messages ( plain / html / rtf ) in my own font ( Arial 12 ). Is there any setting I can do for that. I saw one configuration to set the font while composing message. So in a html message, my message in Arial 12, if somebody reply (if they have arial 10), the message which I am viewing is having both the fonts. But I want both to be in a single which is of my choice. I know this is possible with mozilla mail client. Is this possible with outlook 2000 SR1? Rgds, Ramesh. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

unable to read excel 97 files
My laptop has the XP operating system and the oil companies we work for use the old Excel 97 spread sheets. When I try to load the files I get an "unreadable format xls." message. Is there anything I can do short of purchasing a newer version of Office? What is your version.______? Version of the files ________? If you have xl97 OR later, you should be able to open and read the xl97 files. If you have a later version and the files were saved as .xls files, you still should be able to. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sue" <anonymous@discussions...

olk2003.pst read by olk2000
Hello At my office we run Outlook 2003, at home I run Outlook 2000. Does anybody know how to read / convert an Outlook 2003 pst-file by/to Outlook 2000? I like to avoid this by forwarding of all E-Mails i am interested for. Thank you in advance. Hajo YOu will need to create a 97-2002 format .pst file to copy your work to = in order to use it at home. =20 However, having said that, items created in 2003 are readable in 2000 = and every other version. What is it you really want to do? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All...

How we can set ReadOnly properties of Controls on Dialog in MFC
Hi guys, How r u. Can you please tell me how we can set the ReadOnly property of Controls on DialogBox at run time not through ClassWizard in MFC. if you know please tell me i am waiting for your reply. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi guys, How r u. I am fine thank u. >Can you please tell me how we can set the ReadOnly > property of Controls on DialogBox at run time not through ClassWizard > in MFC. if you know please tell me i am waiting for your reply. What Control Are u talking about. Assuming it is Edit Box (CEdit) then it has a method called SetReadOnly(BOOL Value)...

can I share a variable between two threads?
I have a CMapStringToString where I store data, and either thread may read or write to it. But now I'm seeing some crashes. Are the crashes related? alexl wrote: > I have a CMapStringToString where I store data, and either thread may > read or write to it. But now I'm seeing some crashes. Are the crashes > related? Yes, they probably are. When one thread is writing to such a shared object there could be a moment when the object is only partly changed, and then a thread switch could occur. Another thread reads this invalid object. Chaos results. What you need is synchr...

can i email an excel spreadsheet from office 2003 to a mac user
can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using office 2004 trishia50 wrote: > can i email an excel spreadsheet using office 2003 to an apple user using > office 2004 Assuming you have an email account and an email client, yes. gls858 ...

Moving send items are marked as unread
This is enoing. When I create a filter to move a send item to a folder it markes it as unread. So I have hunderts of unread emails which are simply emails I have send and ask to be moved to a folder. What a joke! ...

can i add info to a read only excel document
I have beeen sent an excel document, and am hoping that i can add values to the page, then email it back to the sender with the extra info, but i am unsur eif this can be done as it is classed as read-only... Any ideas?? Thanks, Mark you are able to ad information, but u are not able to save, but it will ask you to "save as" and type in a new name for the document. you can also save it and right click on the file with your mouse, and the click on properties, then you can uncheck the readonly checkbox, then you can add and save as much as you like on the document "Ma...

Script/Add-on to 'mark as read' items in subfolders
Anyone know of something that can be used to mark all the items in the selected folder as read as well as items in any subfolders of the selected one. I don't want to replace the built in function. TIA Antony ...

'Not Read'
Hi, Sometimes I get a return reciept saying Not Read! Does this mean that my mail was deleted, before it was read, or.... Is there some place where you can read about the handling of reciepts! Regards Palle J. If the recipient has the preview pane open in their email account and does not literally open the email message but deletes the message then yes, you will get a Not Read receipt even though they could be reading the message and then deleting it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Sometimes I get a return reciept saying Not Read! > >Does this mean that my ma...

Set Read Only property in Excel from Access VBA
I have a database that transfers two tables to a spreadsheet using the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method (the first DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet creates the Excel file and outputs the data from the first table into a sheet and the second DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet outputs the second table to another sheet in this same speadsheet). I need to have this newly created Excel file set to Read Only. How do I set the Read Only property using VBA (is it possible to do this through VBA)? Thanks, Manuel This air code will let you save your file as read only and it is password protect...

VBA
Hi there. I'm running Access 2003. I'm trying to: 1) run a make table query that creates a table in the back end (no problems) Table in the backend is called STP_BulkTransactions 2) add an autonumber field to it (no problem) I call this function: Function AddIDSTP(TableName As String, db As Database) strSQL = "ALTER TABLE " & TableName & " ADD TempID Autoincrement" db.Execute strSQL db.TableDefs.Refresh Set strSQL = Nothing End Function 3) link that table to the front end (no proble...

CEditView read only
Hello, I was wondering if someone would please tell me whether and how you can make a view derived from CEditView read only - i.e., I want to output text to it from within my program but I do not want the user writing to it. "Daniel L Newhouse" <dnewhous@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:ed9dB0ndEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, I was wondering if someone would please tell me whether and how you > can make a view derived from CEditView read only - i.e., I want to output > text to it from within my program but I do not want the user writing to it. You could...

moving to next flder with unread messages ...
Hello Everyone, Do you know of a way where we can get the behavior like Outlook Express where you can move to the next folder with unread messages by hitting a key (like control+j) within Outlook? I would love that functionality. Jeff ...

I can't read Newsgroups
I am using Office 2003 Student Edition. Windows XP. I am trying to add newsgroups. I think it was working at one point because I followed the tutorial and have a "News" button now added to the took bar.. but now when I click the "News" button it opens a directory, doesn't run a newsgroup reader. So I started over again.. Following the example, I don't have "News" in the options anymore to add to the "Go" button. Any advice? Thanks. Jeff To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and chan...

Can mark unread email as "read"
My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays two unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as read does not unmark them. Any ideas? Doesn't help. The unread message shows up and cannot be marked "read". "Cris Spencer" <Outlooktech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#12FBGjUDHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > View, current view, Unread messages? > > > "Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message > news:bfpipi$hpdjh$1@ID-156865.news.uni-berlin.de... > > My Outlook 2000 mailbox ...

Read error when saving Excel object in Publisher 2003
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a document that has several Excel 2000 embedded objects. Things were going fine but one day I started getting an error when I try to change anything on any of the Excel objects. I can open the Excel object directly from Excel just fine. The errors vary from a "read error" to Publisher hanging-up to not being able to save. My system is running Win2k. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, DC It is always helpful to know the exact error. Do you have all the service packs for Windows 2000? The types of files and add-ins that the security ...

Can't read using Outlook 2003?
I'm running XP Pro SP2. Up until yesterday I had been running Office XP Pro (aka Office 2002) with zero problems. Yesterday, 1/4/06, I did an upgrade install of Office 2003. The install went smoothly, I thought. Launched Outlook; the PST file appeared was intact, PAB too, and all the settings; except I only got headers (no text) in the read pane. Today, I un-installed Office 2003 & deleted the Office11 directory. Re-installed Office XP Pro. All the text was present. So then I un-installed 2003 and deleted its Office10 directory; and proceeded to do a clean install of Office 20...

Can you delete unread messages after a certain time period?
Hello, We are have implement 400 email boxes and I fear that most of them will rarely get checked. Is there a way to delete unread messages for all mailboxes after a certain time period? Thanks in advance. Don Yes, there is a tool at the Exchange 2003 System Manager. You should go to Recipients/ Recipient Policies and you will create a new Mailbox Managment Settings Policy. You will give a name to this policy and at the Tab Mailbox Managment Settings (Policy) you should select Delete Immediately and leave checked Inbox and All other Mail Folders. Then you have to Edit both objects clearing...

Why is Add-In (.xla) Workbook Read Only when I try to save?
I have a workbook Quote Generator.xls and another workbook QG Add-In.xla that contains lots of code to manipulate data in Quote Generator.xls. The Quote Generator.xls workbook has a reference to QG Add-In that I setup in the VBE. Both of these workbooks are on our network server. So what happens is when the user opens Quote Generator.xls, QG Add-In opens but stays hidden. What I do from time to time is update code in the QG Add-In whenever the user finds a "bug". Sometimes when I go to save the QG Add-In in the Visual Basic Editior (VBE) I get a message that pops u...

can i hyperlink an outlook email to an excel spreadsheet?
can i hyperlink an outlook email to an excel spreadsheet? ...

How do I read .xls files with Windows XP Home Edition?
I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work? > I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I > don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work? Download and install the Excel 2003 Viewer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx Windows XP Home is your operating system. The error message you're getting is telling you that you don't have Excel software on your machine, which is a requiremen...

Conditional read-only
Hi I have a data entry spreadsheet. I want to set the conditional formatting of a series of cells (target cells), such that if a value is entered in a specific cell, no data entry is allowed in the target cells. Any suggestions? Jerry You want Data Validation with a custom formula of =cell_ref<>value -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:id6t32po83658om6mdo82q6jkpa34nn9a9@4ax.com... > Hi > I have a data entry spreadsheet. > I want to set the conditional formatting of a series of c...