Can I stop auto email deletion when switching between servers?

When switching between my work server during the day and then checking my
work email at home in outlook it will transfer all my emails so I can view
them but when returning to outlook using my work server the next day, all the
emails will be deleted. How can I stop this from happening everytime I check
email from home?

What kind of mail server is being used in the office? If it's a POP3 mail
server you can use the "Leave Mail on Server" option at home.

"hansontrek" <hansontrek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When switching between my work server during the day and then checking my
> work email at home in outlook it will transfer all my emails so I can view
> them but when returning to outlook using my work server the next day, all
> the
> emails will be deleted. How can I stop this from happening everytime I
> check
> email from home?

0
vince8328 (2733)
8/30/2009 7:09:29 AM
And if it is an Exchange server, make sure that you have the delivery set at
home to the Exchange mailbox instead of a pst-file.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"hansontrek" <hansontrek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When switching between my work server during the day and then checking my
> work email at home in outlook it will transfer all my emails so I can view
> them but when returning to outlook using my work server the next day, all
> the
> emails will be deleted. How can I stop this from happening everytime I
> check
> email from home?

0
Roady
8/30/2009 4:31:05 PM
Thanks... this is what I was missing

"Vince Averello" wrote:

> What kind of mail server is being used in the office? If it's a POP3 mail
> server you can use the "Leave Mail on Server" option at home.
>
> "hansontrek" <hansontrek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When switching between my work server during the day and then checking my
> > work email at home in outlook it will transfer all my emails so I can view
> > them but when returning to outlook using my work server the next day, all
> > the
> > emails will be deleted. How can I stop this from happening everytime I
> > check
> > email from home?

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

Bulk attachments

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Disable Auto Add of addresses
How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the manual add to add the addressee to my email... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated You may disable it in Options Food Snobbery wrote: > How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? > > Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but > when...

Can't delete email #2

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...

Deleting worksheets in a macro
I have a macro that at the end there are 2 work sheets that I delete. When the macro runs, it stops and asks if I really want to delete the worksheets. Is there something I can add so that it will not ask me if I want to delete? Here is what I have. Sheets("Sheet3").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Sheets("Sheet2").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete Thanks Donna Have a look in the below link for details and I hope that you will get some idea. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=Ms-Exl-...