Can an OL folder's Home Page be a non-htm, editable document?

If I right-click on an OL folder and go to Properties/Home Page, can I
somehow get a document (.doc, .txt, .wri, .rtf, whatever) to show up in that
folder that I can then edit as a normal document?

I know I can get an .htm page to appear in there, but I can't edit it.  I
pointed the browse function to a word .doc and got something with all the
formatting characters showing up, but I couldn't edit while in the OL Note.

Notes is a pretty meagre environment in which to write anything more than a
short, well, note.  So I'm hoping there's some way I can use something more
powerful while staying within Outlook.  For instance, open up a note and use
Word to edit (as I can in an email message), or even Wordpad.

No, they are Post-it like. If you want a powerfull note taking application
which integrates with Outlook you might want to take a look at Microsoft
Office OneNote.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I right-click on an OL folder and go to Properties/Home Page, can I
> somehow get a document (.doc, .txt, .wri, .rtf, whatever) to show up in
> that folder that I can then edit as a normal document?
>
> I know I can get an .htm page to appear in there, but I can't edit it.  I
> pointed the browse function to a word .doc and got something with all the
> formatting characters showing up, but I couldn't edit while in the OL
> Note.
>
> Notes is a pretty meagre environment in which to write anything more than
> a short, well, note.  So I'm hoping there's some way I can use something
> more powerful while staying within Outlook.  For instance, open up a note
> and use Word to edit (as I can in an email message), or even Wordpad.

0
Roady

can grow / can shrink , control position conflict
I've got a report with several text boxes and/or sub-reports in the detail section, and I'm having trouble keeping their horizontal alignments as needed. Maybe someone can clue me into the "caviats" (or to a usefull source that goes into the details and work-arounds...) Many thanks in advance, Mark Here's the conditions I've got... - the detail section is organized in three (3) columns (these are purly graphic, and comply with the "format" of the report) - in each column are 1 to seveal text boxes and/or sub-reports, - currently the firs...

Combobox Help needed
Hello, I have been trying to populate a Combobox with a filter set to what is being typed in the combo's edit control. If I type in "C" it selects the first 40 "C" then I would like to type in "u" clear the listbox portion and put in the first 40 "Cu" etc.. I would need to clear only the combo's edit box but unfortunately ResetContent()also clears the edit box. It gets the first 40 "C" but then the edit box is cleared. I have also tried using DeleteString. void CCustView::OnEditupdateCombo1() { UpdateData(); if (i>0) { m_CbCust....

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Users can't browse or see local site in GAL
My users cannot view RECIPIENTS CONTAINER objects, of our local EXCHANGE SITE, in the GAL. However they can still send email to users in our local site. Our site doesn't even show up in the GAL, but they can browse other Exchange Sites in the GAL. Now here's the kicker, Domain/Exchange Admins can view see the local site name in the GAL and browse to see the recipient containers within the local site. This leads me to believe that permission some how got screwed up. But, nothing jumps out at me! Thanks for the support, BR Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> Is there a way I can create a list with boxes instead of bullets or numbers? I want to make a check list. <br> Thanks for your help Hi, create a list, then select all the items and click on Format>Bullets and Numbering. Select any one of the styles displayed, then click on the Customize button. In the new window that opens, click on Bullet and choose one of the symbols that looks like a box. Click on OK twice, and you're back in your document, with your list formatted as a check list. Al...

How can I change worksheet direction from right to left
I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to right and vice versa If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Haitham" wrote: > I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to > right and vice versa I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the setting ...

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

Need better understanding of TRIM so I can get rid of trailing spa
I imported a listof names to creat labels. All columns have trailing spaces. I have imported some into Word then done a relace it worked but it was a not the right solution. I understand TRIM in Excel will get rid of Trailing spaces. The examples HELP gives is not clear to me. Please help me get rid of these trailing spaces. Tom Trim should work, Tom, but it's tough to say without seeing your data. What happens if you open the data directly from Excel? What format is it now? Any txt file opened from Excel should give you delimiter options. Are the number of trailing spaces always ...

Can an Excel file be converted into Visio?
Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is there a converter pack or a website that would illustrate this process? Thanks, Jim ...

problems navigating to folders
I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having problems navigating to folders. When I click on "Open" the "Open" box opens but when I click on the "look in" down arrow, the following box opens "Initalizing Folders" box opens, and then when I try to go anywhere else it just sits there. Any suggestions? Follow up: This same action happens in all of Office 2007 products, Word, Access etc. "fbcmusicmark" wrote: > I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having > problems navigating t...

Difference between these two PUBLIC FOLDERS
FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > SERVERS > Server name > FIRST STORAGE GROUP > PUBLIC FOLDER STORE > PUBLIC FOLDERS and FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > FOLDERS > PUBLIC FOLDERS What are the difference????? the first one is the folders that exist in that pubic information store...the second one is your entire public folder hierarchy... "Calvin Lai" <Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1ff01a54.0409271350.96236c@posting.google.com... > FIRST ORGANIZATI...

how can i Back up folders??
How can I make a backup from folders and other information in outlook, So i can format my computer ? ThanX G'Day 'onymous, You don't tell us what version of Office you use. Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en This works with OL2000 onward. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ Copy your pst-file to your safe location (separate harddisk/partition/USB-memory stick). Then after the format and reinstall of Window and Office connect to it by using File-> O...

How can i make backup automaticaly
Thank you for open this post. I Want to backup exchange automaticaly For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat file and then incert it to windows jobs. Thank for a help "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009D82C-D699-47E0-BE0C-8814C2CDC813@microsoft.com... > Thank you for open this post. > > I Want to backup exchange automaticaly > For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. > If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat...

repeat info at bottom and top of every page
I need to know how to repaetb the same information form the top and bottom of a table on every page. It is not a pivot table. Thanks, Excel supports rows to repeat at top when you're printing. File|page setup|sheet tab It doesn't support a rows to repeat at bottom. ==== If you just want to see the same rows at the top on the screen, you can show the rows you want to see (say 1:5), then click on A6 and window|Freeze Panes. And there is no support for "freezing" rows at the bottom. Andrew wrote: > > I need to know how to repaetb the same information form the t...

unable to open CRM web page
It seems that I can open the CRM web page from the server but not from any workstations. It also affected any clients that were using the Outlook client. I have tried opening the page using the ip address, and the FQDN of the the server and still didn't have any luck. Someone point me in the right direction. Hi Flip, Well a few things to try to narrow the problem down: 1. Can you ping the server with the IP address / FQDN? 2. Can you log into the server with a non administrator and get to the site locally? (may be a permission issue, set to run as local or network service) 3. Log...

why can I not format a secondary axis in excel x?
Despite being able to graph data on a secondary axis in Microsoft Excel X, I have been unable to format said axis (ie make it start from a value other than zero). No amount of trying to click on and select the axis or the values has helped. Are you saying that double clicking does not bring up the Format dialog box for the axis? Try tapping the 'navigation (arrow) keys while watching the Name box. When it reads Secondary Value.... use the Format menu item to open the dialog box and then open the Scale tab to set the Min and Max values best wishes Bernard "mackie99" <...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Migrating Public Folders #2
I have just got involved in a Migration from EX5.5 to EX2003. 1. AD is clean an all accounts have been manually created not migrated. 2. Company has over 12,000 public folders on EX5.5. 3. I need to migrate mailboxes to EX2003 and connect then to the manually created accounts. 4. Migrate the Public Folders whilst keeping the security.! What is the best method to do this. All migrition tools seem to use sid history etc, obviuosly not an optionhere. I have looked at a util called PFADMIN. Does this export security using display name. If so could this be used to re-assign security on the EX2003....

Scientific plotting, non-zero x-axis origin, and number labeling
I want to plot some spectroscopy data. The range of x-data (wavelength) is from 270 to 1100 nm. However, I would like the x-axis lablels to read only 300, 400, etc., rather than 270, 370, 470... Is there any way in Excel 2003 or later to change the position on the axis where number labeling begins? I know this is possible in other plotting programs, but would prefer Excel for student use. Thanks for any help one way or the other. "Viterbo Mike" <Viterbo Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5A6621-40A9-4034-8612-02F12A7F1AA2@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Cannot open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened
Please advise: This morning I wanted to copy my pst file to laptop -via home network. Outlook hickupped against that. I then made an archive file in same directory and copied that via via to laptop. NO SETTINGS WERE CHANGED. Then I closed doen computer normally. Now, returning home after work, starting Outlook, it gives the message: Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened . Can anyone advise me please what I should be doing? thanks magsie Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

Visual Studio can't open resource file in Resource View after IDE crash
Hello, I have a strange problem with Visual Studio .NET 2003, I hope that this is the appropriate newsgroup. After adding an icon resource to my project, Visual Studio crashed, and after restarting it, it was unable to open my project's resource file in the resource view pane. It displays the name of the rc file, but when I click the "+" beside it to open the resources, nothing happens, and the "+" disappears. There is no error message. Restarting Visual Studio and rebuilding my project didn't help. I can open all other projects' resource files without problem...

Only prints portion of page, ejects paper...
I've recently had a problem with Publisher when printing just about any document. I have an Epson 1520, running Windows 98se. Have plenty of memory and hard disk space. The print job begins, prints maybe an inch or two, ejects the paper, draws up another sheet, prints maybe an inch, ejects that sheet and so on and so forth until the print job is complete. I've gone to Epson's website and downloaded a new driver. Installed it and it worked fine for about a week. Now, I'm having the same problem all over again. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

editing rules #2
This question applies (in this case) to Outlook 2000. Let's say you have a rule that would move mail from a list of addresses, like all of your travel web sites to a folder named Travel. Then you sign up with another site and you want to add them to this rule. How can you do it without adding them to your contacts list? How can you create one rule that applies to multiple e-mail addresses like that? ...

Can a lead konverts to a customer with a workflow
Hi. Can you create a workflow that konvert a lead to an account and put the status to the account as a "Prospect"? Are you using CRM4? If so this is very easy. If you are using CRM3, I think you will have to write a callout to do this. Rob "Martin" wrote: > Hi. > > Can you create a workflow that konvert a lead to an account and put the > status to the account as a "Prospect"? If you are using CRM 4, you can script the entire conversion of a Lead into a Account, Contact and/or Opportunity in the Workflow engine without writing code. The D...