calender sharing

I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders?
0
anonymous (74722)

If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after
Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some
options
"KAH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS
Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts
etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing
ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts
etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these
private folders?

Pls confirm.. whether by this option can we share the Personal folder's calender...  OR  the calender on the server
0
anonymous (74722)
5/21/2004 4:06:24 AM
You should be able to share any folder, personal or public, if the persons are given permissions
It this doesn't work, you may want the Network Administrator look at who has 'Change persmissions' permission to these folders in Exchange.
0
anonymous (74722)

Sharing Outlook #4
Hi: I Have Outlook on 2 computers at home and would like them to share the same folders, so that when I open outlook on one computer it has all the mail received or sent on the other ... and vice versa. They did it at work but I don't know how to do it here. I'd like to do the same thing for the Outlook News reader too. thx wayne ...

Calender to switch to the month 04-25-10
One of the control on the form is FldMon. It is a number field. There is a calender on the form. It is ActiveX Control: Calender0 Class is MSCAL.Calender.7 I am using Access 2003 and the tables are Access 2000 format Now when the user updates the field FldMon with a number (1 to 12) I want the calender to switch the display to the corresponding month. How do I go about this and what and where do I write the code? Could someone please help? Thanking in advance Leo ...

How to go offline with my shared records
Hi, I have got a business requirement with a client where the records like Accounts and Contacts are owned by the Sales rep, Sales Manager and the support rep. This is fine. But when each of them "go offline" their shared records are not migrated into MSDE. Can anyone please advice how to have these shared records migrated whenever the user goes offline. Thanks for your time in advance. Regards, Sekar Nagarajan ...

Sharing an excel spreadsheet
I am trying to make an Excel spreadsheet so that people from different departments can put information into it and then we can save it as one spreadsheet -- my hope is that from this spreadsheet we could see at any particular time just where this particular item is in our manufacturing process or when it left. I have put the spreadsheet in a shared folder and mapped a drive to the spreadsheeet. I am using 2007 and the other people are using 2003. I have made saved the file so that it is in compatibility mode. They can put the information in, but they can not save the information to ...

Can't access server 2008 Network Shares.
Hello everyone, We just upgraded our server to windows 2008. We didn't realize there would be an issue with our machines until all of them couldn't connect to the server. Our Milling machines range from windows 95 to NT 4. We don't have the firewall on the 2008 server but the machines say the same thing. Unable to lcoated network device. We can ping the server and we can connect to our 2003 server just fine so it is like windows 2008 doesn't allow the NT 4 or 95 clients to access it. does anyone have any ideas? TIA Mike ...

Calender
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible with the calender wizard to get the first day of the week to be a Monday as it freeks me out to have Sunday as the first day, I like my weekends whole. Thanks in advance HJ ...

How do you set outlook calender to save previous entries
Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? Sounds like you have AutoArchive enabled, turn it off. (Tools, Options, Other....) Phil wrote: > Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older > than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? ...

Calendar sharing with a POP-3 email account
I want to share my Outlook calendar with another computer on my home network. Does SBC Yahoo (my ISP) provide Exchange Server capability? How do I use it? And if not, can I do this without installing Exchange Server on my computer(s)? FrednLee wrote: > I want to share my Outlook calendar with another computer on my home > network. Does SBC Yahoo (my ISP) provide Exchange Server capability? Doubtful....and wouldn't be useful anyway if you use POP to access it. But if you want hosted Exchange, there are many providers. > How do I use it? And if not, can I do this without inst...

Appointments in Calender
Hi, When someone want s to invite me to a meeting and looks up my Appointments in Outlook it shows that im busy all day, every day of the week. Has anyone ever had this problem and know how to solve it ? Thanks dl2068 Do you have any all day, long term appointments? How frequently is your free/busy getting published? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Link that automatically adds a date to outlook calender?
Is there a way to send someone an email with a link that will add the certain date in the message to their outlook calender automatically?! yes, you need to create an appointment, save it as an ics and upload it to a web server then send them a link to the file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUES...

Outlook 2003 Calendar sharing
We have a user that has multiple calendars. When trying to share out her calendars she has set the permissions correctly, however, when an authorized user goes to open one of the calendars, only the default "main" calendar is available. Should there be a list to select from? Am I missing something? TIA! ...

Issue with Shared Documents
OK so I have successfully published my Sharepoint site using ISA Server 2006. Everything seems to work fine externally as you access the site using https and you can browse through the pages without a problem. Once you click on a Shared Documents area that is where the trouble arises. As I browse everything works and accesses the pages using https. After clicking the Shared Documents it attempts to connect to http://<shareddocumentlibrary> and fails. Why would only some shared document library have this issue and others wouldn't. I have checked AAM multiple times and fe...

Sharing inbox folder in Outlook
I'm looking for a way that would enable me to share my outlook inbox folder with my husband and one worker. The most important thing is that any changes in this folder should be replicated immediately to avoid confusion. I'm not interested in using the same pop account - we just need to view the same inbox from 3 different machines. -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://outlook-center.com Outlook forums, articles, tips. There's been much hype lately about CodeTwo Public Folders which does among others what you want: http://www.codetwo.co...

recording merger with combination cash & shares
I owned Company A stock. Its shares were merged into Company B. The terms of the merger were that for each share of company A, I received ..1906 shares of Company B plus $16.50. How should I record this in Money 2003? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090004080308090304020802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I tried a "return of capital" for the cash portion but Money 2003 deluxe voided the transaction after I entered the merger. So I lied and did the return of capital the day before. The probl...

How do I update a calender?
Last year I made a calender in publisher. I'd like to know how I can update the dates from 2004 to 2005 without having to do it manually. Isn't there an easier way?? Pia wrote: > Last year I made a calender in publisher. I'd like to know how I can > update the dates from 2004 to 2005 without having to do it manually. > Isn't there an easier way?? 1) It's spelt 'calendar' 2) Nope 3) Purchase Serif PagePlus. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: > Pia wrote: > >>Last year I m...

Online Sharing
We have POP3 so we had to share our calendars online. Now we keep getting password prompts every time our outlook sends/receives. We have entered in usernames and passwords but the prompts come back the next time it sends/receives. If anyone has a solution to this please let us know. Thank you It's a problem with the server. No idea when it will be fixed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktip...

Shared calenders disappear
Hi everybody, We use office 2007 and many times when i startup Outlook the shared calenders of my colleques have disappeared. Does anyone knows this problem and how i can fix this? thanks very much. Greetz Ernst ...

Creating Generic Class To Handle Shared Memory
Hi, I wan to create Generic class to handle shared memory in win32. Like Create Shared memory, map/unmap objects to it, Mutex to synchronize among different clients (processes), implement Lock and Unlock functions to prevent simultaneous access by different processes. Can anyone please give me guidelines to create such class or set of all API functions required for it. if anyone have source code and want to share it i will be very thankful. Thanx in advance Akshay. This is actually very difficult, mostly because you have to write your own allocator for the actual shared memory. In general, ...

Missing Name in other Calender when choosing this Calender
Hi, In outlook 2003 i can look in other calenders. When i open my Calender i see a list with names of other calenders. The problem now when i select a other calender then the name of de person who owns this calender dissapear. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks. J. ...

problem occurs during share an excel file through network
My enviroment is WinNT and using Excel97 SR2 I have an excel file put in a file server, without set any file protection or choose any "share workbook" properties. I have opened it and then get the read and write. Then, my colleague also open it from his workstation. In normal case, he should open a read-only file. However, the read- only message window did not prompt out, rather, he can get the read-write access. And then, when I try to save that excel file after modification, I was fail to do so, even, cannot save as another file name. That means I have lost all the modificat...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

Password Protection for Shared Files
Is there anyway to password protect a workbook that is shared. The problem at the moment is that this file is required to be shared for marketing access but sometimes the marketers go in there and change the formulas. I know I can lock certain cells from editing but this is only useful if you can password protect the file. Actually, if you want to lock the cells with formulas, you don't protect the workbook--you lock the cell and protect the worksheet. Format|cells|protection tab and tools|protection|Protect sheet (in xl2003) But you can't change worksheet protection if the wo...

Can I share the calenda and contact between computers on the network
I have few staff in my company. I want to share the same calenda and contact with all my staff. How can I do it? Dear Chris, are you using Exchange? If not, on this site is an article on various ways to share Outlook data: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx You will also find a list of third-party sharing tools: http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Groupware http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com &qu...

Two users sharing a computer but not inbox
Hi guys, is it possible, in Outlook 02, for two users to share a computer but be able to send/receive emails from different accounts? Eg: in our restaurant we have one computer. Currently that computer is receiving mail for dine@restaurant but now we want the chef to have his own address, chef@restaurant. However, we want dine@ and chef@ to go to separate inboxes so the manager and chef don't have to sift through unnecessary messages to read their own mail. I have tried setting up the new email address and telling it to put messages in a new data file called chef.pst but this hasn't...

Accessing calender after migration
Hi, Recently we performed a migration from one Exchange organization to another (different 2003 domains as well). We used ExMerge to move over the mailboxes and did so even with the resource mailboxes (ex Conferencing Rooms). Now our users cannot view bookings made before the migration when using Outlook/"Plan a meeting". When opening the resource mailbox the booking is still there tough. Any idea on how to update this information to be able to be seen in Outlook "Plan a meeting"? Thanks ...