Calendar search

Outlook 2007
I suspect this is easy but I can't find the answer in HELP or google.
Outlook Calendar Search only finds items listed in the current week
view.  An item in the previous week, next week, or any time other than
current week is not found in a Search.
How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week?
0
jay.lunis (63)

j lunis, you  wrote on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:49:11 -0400:

> How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week?

Please install following hotfix that improves the search reliability:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961752/en

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
3/23/2009 1:47:37 PM
Did you try rebuilding the search index?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"j lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007
> I suspect this is easy but I can't find the answer in HELP or google.
> Outlook Calendar Search only finds items listed in the current week view.
> An item in the previous week, next week, or any time other than current
> week is not found in a Search.
> How do I get Outlook to search in more than current week?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Search Results problem??
When using Start>Search to 'Search the internet', the results show in the left pane but clicking on the links opens them in the left pane also instead of the right pane. I also get script errors. How can I solve this, please? Regards JJ ...

search query from a button in a form
I have created a button in a form that will be used to search from a table. I have three different queries made to search from that table. When I push the button to run the macro which in turn runs the 3 individual queries, it just creates the results in 3 individual windows. I would like it to save the results all in one window, how can I do this? Thanks much in advance! Has to be one query to get one result. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "wspintern" wrote: > I have created a button in a form that will be used to search from a table. > I have three diffe...

Searching for a string in all the formula cells in a workbook
I want to do a search on a string in all the formuals in my workbook. Say the string is "ABC_DEF". However there is also a "New ABC_DEF scattered across the formulas as well. How do I do a search o "ABC_DEF", without getting results that include "New ABC_DEF"? Thank-you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com i hope its as simple as selecting the box "match entire cell contents" so hit ctrl-f for find, then check the box excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you can't pick out something that makes the ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

Alpha searching in lists.
How do i turn on the alpha search function in lists? Press the n key and you jump to the first and siccessive entry that begins with N etc...? -- POLTAGEIST That's not a feature of Microsoft Excel. The best you can do, I believe, is a combobox. See: Deb Dalgleish tells us how, here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Poltageist" <Poltageist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27A71075-FF47-4354-BE4B-3B1C2B6BBEFC@microsoft.com... > How do i turn on the alpha search function in lists? Press the n ke...

to export calendar
if i wantto send my csalendar in an email by exporting it what exactly wouold i have to do? thanks peter ...

Spiral Bound Calendar
How do I create a 8.5x11" spiral bound calendar with picture on top page and calendar on bottom of 2 page spread? I'm using Publisher 2003 and have Windows XP. Setup your page as a folded card, portrait. Rather than using the calendar under "publications for print", use a Design Gallery Object calendar, click the wizard wand to change the date range. When you use the folded card page setup, the calendar will be on the odd pages and the picture on the even pages. You will have to manually rotate the pictures 180 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Launching Calendar module seperatly
Hi, Years ago in one of Outlook's previous lives it was possible to launch the calendar module seperatly. Since MS have a closed source on Outlook I am now forced to use Outlook 2002 solely for syncing the calendar with my WindowsMobile2003 device. Anyone know if its possible just to launch the calendar module seperatly? Or better still if there is a calendar product that will sync with PPC2003 so I can dump the MS software all together. Ta Kneewax I assume you mean with only the calendar, not the other folders? Or without creating an email account? You can use Outlook in no ...

Calendar direction
Running Outlook 2007 on XP Pro. I just recently re-installed Office (don't ask!) and for the first time, the calendars (week, month and the little ones in the colums), all show with the day numbering from right to left. I do have a second Hebrew calendar installed in Outlook, and my default Regional and Language options are: Location=Israel, customized English US settings, Chinese - English - French - Hebrew keyboards, non-Unicode default=Hebrew. I have used these settings before, but the calendars were never flipped before. This is also not natural for Hebrew calendars. Any ideas...

calendar #3
I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) You make this change in the control panel in the "Regional & Language Options" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "padum" <padum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77137E01-09A9-463E-815D-0214DC442BAB@microsoft.com... >I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) ...

Having common calendar entries on server..
Is it possible to have calendar entries applied on the Exchange 2000 server that all Outlook clients can see in their calendars ? For example, instead of all clients importing holidays, we would like to centrally manage this and add additional days and events that are common for the entire corporation. /Patrik ...

User unable to search for recent items in Outlook 03-07 in Exchang
Greetings - new user here. I am the mail administrator in a single domain Exchange 2007 enterprise. I have one user who is unable to find any mail items more recent than 1/5/2010 when using Outlook 2003 search, Outlook 2007 with Windows Search 4.0, or a search in OWA. XP Professional SP3 is the OS. Items newer than 1/5 can be found and viewed manually. There are no filters applied locally or settings on the mail server that would affect this. No known changes were made to the mail server on or around 1/5. Does anyone have an idea of what to look for / try next? Thank ...

Set up a Calendar in Excel
I have a Lotus 123 spreadsheet that brings up three calendars. I need to convert it to EXCEL. All I do is enter the first date of the month and the three months come up one under each other. I just used formulas to create the dates in each field. Could someone tell me a formular I could use in the cells to bring up the appropriate days for each calendar. I tried to just convert the spreadsheet and apparently there is some problem with the formula. Here is the 123 formula for the 1st day of the month of the first calendar. I just added days to it to get the rest of the days of the month....

Have calendars window size be maximized when calendar is opened
Need help getting calendar to maximize to full monitor size and stay that way! Every time I open a calendar, outlook opens calendar is a window about 1/4 the size of my monitors screen. Does anyone know a way to set the screen size for outlook calendar windows? I had that problem. I did not maximize the window. Instead I went to the bottom right corner and made the window the size I wanted. Now it always opens to that size. I hope this helps you. >-----Original Message----- >Need help getting calendar to maximize to full monitor >size and stay that way! Every time I open a...

shared calendar #5
I need a shared calendar for a specific group of people. I need some pointers. I am guessing I would throw the users in a Distribution Group and create a mailbox for them. This would give a calendar to that group, right? Would it populate automagically in their personal calendar? How could I make sure no one could send mail to this Distribution Group? TIA for all your input/pointers. -Steven- Hi, A distribution group does not give you a calendar as a calendar is part of a mailbox and there is no mailbox associated with a DG. You can either create a calendar in a public folder...