calendar & contacts files

Hi,
     can anyone help please?
I'd ideally like to update my calendar & contacts in Outlook 2003, which
I do, but then e mail that file to work so I can save it into Outlook
2003 at work with the updated info.

Is this poss, and if so how do I do it please?

Paul
--
Paul Robinson
0

Try this:
- on your home computer update the info you want then create a new PST file
using the File menu > New > Outlook Data File command
- drag/drop the info you need to it
- right click on the root of the new set of folder and choose Close
- exit Outlook
- mail or copy the PST file you just created on to some sort of media to get
it to the office
- once you're in the office save the PST file from the email you sent or
copy the PST file from the media and make sure it's not marked Read Only in
its file properties (right click on it in My Computer and choose Properties
to check)
- Start Outlook
- Open the PST file using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command
- Drag/Drop the data you want into your normal folders
- Close the PST

"Paul Robinson" <Paulr@sirlesmutrie.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>     can anyone help please?
> I'd ideally like to update my calendar & contacts in Outlook 2003, which I
> do, but then e mail that file to work so I can save it into Outlook 2003
> at work with the updated info.
>
> Is this poss, and if so how do I do it please?

0
vince8328 (2732)

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

PrintShop File Conversion
Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher 2002? PaulR wrote: > Is there any way to use files created in PrintShop in MS Publisher > 2002? No. The only way would be to have both applications open and drag and drop or copy and paste between them, but any formatting unique to PrintShop will be lost. Thanks, I have many files created by PrintShop over the years, and I am now switching to Publisher. The work of cutting and pasting doesn't seem worth it. I'll just re-do the jobs I had done in PS. ...

contacts remain but all have lost email addresses
I have a user that went into their contacts and noticed that while all of their contacts are in the address book, all of them lost their email addresses. All other fields remain but email address is blank. "DJenkins" <DJenkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EAD3936-6199-4EB1-ABD0-8DAD1E749878@microsoft.com... >I have a user that went into their contacts and noticed that while all of > their contacts are in the address book, all of them lost their email > addresses. All other fields remain but email address is blank. Sounds like the ...

Library empty and WMP won't locate files
My copy of WMP (Vers 11.0.5721.5268) now opens with no library of music files. It comes up saying "There are no items in this library yet - the Player is searching for digital media files in the background. Click here to add files to the library now." But it's not searching. Clicking and adding the folders to search doesn't help, in fact the folders don't "stick" - I can open the window to add folders again and it's blank. The files really do exist - I've used WMP to rip loads of CDs. Background - I tried as an experiment to play a "...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

open xlsx files in office 2000
I installed filesconverter.exe from microsoft site but still can't open xlsx files although docx files are opening. I have office 2000 with SP3 on Vista. Any suggestions?-- Any Help will be appreciated. Thanks Don Hi, what error message are you recieving? Are you opening them from inside Excel or from, say the desktop? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Donaldo" wrote: > I installed filesconverter.exe from microsoft site but still can't open xlsx > files although docx files are opening. I have office 2000 with SP3 on Vista. > Any suggestions?-- > Any Help will...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Changing File-Copy-behavior of ActiveSync
Hello, When copying a file to our devices via ActiveSync, they are always copied to the temp-directory first, and then to their destination. This is a problem in our case, as we have a large enough flash based storage, but the temp directory is a ramdisk with a limited size. By now, I would be ready to accept the fact that this behavior can't be changed, as I did not find anything anywhere. However, on another device with a slightly different setup (but the same platform), this does not happen - the file is copied directly to the destination. I have already tried comparing reg...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

Selecting pictures and files
In the past I was able to select more then one pictures or files with my crtl key holding down or shift and ctrl in conjunction. Right now I cannot do that not in Publisher, not in Word and not even Windows Explorer. Anybody has an idea what to do? Reboot your computer and try again. Try both Ctrl keys on your keyboard as one may be broken. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

Desktop Outlook Client needs to see CRM Contacts in Blackberry
I have a Desktop Outlook installation, without offline, and the Owner of the Contact can see the Contact in their Outlook and also in their Blackberry since Outlook and Blackberry are syncronized. Is it possible to have the records also show in their Assistant's Blackberry? I have tried Sharing the Contact in CRM, and also adding the Contact to the Assistant's Local Data/DataGroup, but it still doesn't appear. Is the Local Data only for taking CRM offline? Any ideas? I've never figured out what CRM the Security Role 'CRM Address Book' under the Business Mana...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

rename file function
What function I can use to rename file in a folder using access 97? Thanks. On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:16:38 +0800, " 00ScarlettJohnson" <EE@yahoo.com> wrote: >What function I can use to rename file in a folder using access 97? Thanks. > Name "C:\path\oldfilename.ext" AS "C:\path\newfilename.ext" John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

Best Practices Analyzer, exchange server could not be contacted
The exchange server is working correctly, I just want to try to run the "Best Practices Analyzer Tool". But all it can tell me is "Server could not be contacted". Exchange tells me 6.5.7638.1 Windows Server 2003 with updates. Using terminal services to log in as administrator The exchange server is also a DNS server and an AD server (and runs IIS for outlook web access). BPAT connects to AD correctly, it's only the 'scan' that fails with a 'could not connect' error. Any suggestions? (david) Hi David You also need the adequate rights on ex...

Outlook Contacts 11-19-09
Hello Everyone, I'm not too familiar with Outlook, i've got 2 question. How do I add a new Contact to an Existing Custom category? How do I Simplify Access to a shared Contact list in the Public Folder without going through folders then choosing the particular contact list ? my Colleagues say that it is one too many clicks to get to the shared contact list in public Folder in order to update it! Thx To Categorise a Contact, click the Categories button. You forgot to mention your version. It may be at the top of the Contact form (2007) or at the bottom (older...

Rules for Filtering Contacts
is there a way to make a rule that filters messages sent by contacts? I hope there's a way where I dont' have to add every contact individually, or have to update a distribution list every time I want a new contact. Thanks. I have a rule which contains nothing but: move it to the Unknown Origin folder except if sender is in contacts address book The use of contact in rules like this was new in Outlook XP, I believe. -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage) http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted) ...

CDHtmlDialog how to display html file loaded from disk at run time ?
I have tried Navigate("EmoticonManger.htm") Navigate(-everycombination-) but doesnt simply work All i want todo 1) First read a txt file , get links for GIF's from there and put them in html page which i will load in my dialog, once user clicks on any page i will catch clicks (since every GIF has a link behind it) , please help how to navigate to the html file i have written and how to catch browser links click? I really really need help , plz ...

Visio Professional 7
i have several visio files (20-40) pages in each and i need to merge them into a single large visio file... is there a way to do this... inserting a page at a time and copying the drawing is not practical On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:38:01 -0700, sunman <sunman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have several visio files (20-40) pages in each and i need to merge them >into a single large visio file... is there a way to do this... inserting a >page at a time and copying the drawing is not practical I've just added this feature to the utilities at http://www.visio-utilities....

Outlook 2000 turns attachments into winmail.dat files
Anyone know how to configure outlook so that i can send attachments to non outlook users without switching off RTF? My laptop seems to be able to do this but my pc can't (with my pc i have to amend each contact so that it send in plaintext only - but this is a trial and error method). Regards Spencer You cannot send RTF to non-Outlook/Eudora users - period. They will always receive the winmail.dat as it contains all of the formatting that their mail client cannot read. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (in...