Calendar and Task View-Outlook 2003

     I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2003 and already have a
question.  In Outlook 2003, I was able to view my Calendar and Tasks
side-by-side.  In Outlook 2003, I am only able to view one-or-the other.
Can I view both side-by-side?  If yes, how do I accomplish it?  TIA

Frank
El Paso, Texas

You can enable the old taskpad view on your calendar - try View, Taskpad or
drag the right edge of the calendar window inward to show the taskpad.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Frank Fowlkes" <carnage_713xx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>      I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2003 and already have a
> question.  In Outlook 2003, I was able to view my Calendar and Tasks
> side-by-side.  In Outlook 2003, I am only able to view one-or-the other.
> Can I view both side-by-side?  If yes, how do I accomplish it?  TIA
>
> Frank
> El Paso, Texas

0
dianenws (1904)
11/4/2003 12:40:26 AM
Diane,

   That did it.  Thanks.

Frank

Outlook 2000/ ME Error message
When attempting to open any e-mail, I get a "Outlook has caused an error in MS09.DLL Outlook will now close" I can view the message in the preview pane, but not open it. I have downloaded and applied all patches/fixes on both the Windows Update and Office Update websites. I tried running detect and repair to no avail. Any ideas? ...

Does Outlook synch overwrite disabled fields?
I have an important question concerning security: contacts are created in CRM (or in Outlook and promoted to CRM), synched to Outlook (and PDA). Users can modify contacts. once a contact becomes a customer, all fields are set "read only" (disabled on form), because they are managed in an ERP system and only sanched to CRM - no matter... problem: some users have the contacts in their local Outlook contact as CRM contacts. can they change contact information in outlook and ichanges are synched to CRM, even if fields are set read only in CRM???? please help!!! (I know, I will do an a...

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

Runtime error starting Outlook
After upgrading from Microsoft Windows ME to xp Home edition I get a runtime error as follows: Runtime Error! Program: C:\progra~1\micros~1\Office\Outlook.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I have removed outlook and re-installed it and still get the same error. If anyone can help I would appreciate a response. ...

ACCESS 2003 SP1
I have installed office 2003 service pack 1 and now a form whit a subform linked to a combo in master form il showed with non data. If i reinstall office 2003 work fine, but when i installa sp1 the problem come back again. Help me please Giancarlo Hi Giancarlo, Thanks for your post. From your descriptions, I understood that you form fail to display any data from an combo in the linked from. Correct me if I was wrong. This issue seems strange. I am afraid I need more detailed information to make further reserach. Would you please generate a sampel mdb file, containing that two f...

Outlook 2003 problems on Vista
I have been having problems opening Outlook 2003 on my Vista workstation. It may be related to update KB 941649. Initially KB 941649 did not want to install from Microsoft update. I found several blogs that recommended different procedures for installing it. The latest I tried was starting a command line as administrator with WUSA.exe . As in the past, Event Viewer says it was installed successfully. Typically as in the past, I expect tomorrow I will get a message that KB 941649 failed to be installed correctly the night before. Microsoft needs to get this figured out. Any way, since in...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

Outlook 2007 To-Do filtering not working.
Hello, I like the To-Do bar in Outlook 2007, but I don't need to see things like "Back up Business Contact Manager Database" in the list, so I'm setting the filter to exclude it. I can get it set up to exclude the record as I want, but that change does not stick. Somewhere in the process of exiting and re-starting Outlook, the custom filter (2 default advanced filter fields plus my added one) is being altered. I tried it twice. The first time, all three advanced fields were deleted. The second time, after restoring defaults and re-adding my criteria, only mine was de...

Excel 2003 no help!
Hi I have Office pro 2003 oem installed. When using Excel I occasional get a small green triangle (error notification) appear in some cells. I know how to turn off the green triangles via the dropdown menu that appears next to the cell with the error. The problem I have, on the dropdown menu (third item down) "help on this error" when I click on this, a window appears but it's blank (no help!) Can anyone help. Peter. Are you connected to the Internet at the time you click for help? -- Rae Drysdale "Peter" wrote: > Hi > > I have Office pro 200...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Changing default font in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. I want to change the default font so that all new text will be in the specified default. I went to Tools > Options > General > Standard Font and set the desired font. I closed Excel and reopened it, but new text does not use the new default. What am I missing? ...

Outlook #18
My client sent over a CD with some emails on it. They were Microsoft Outlook emails. While I don't use Outlook, I do have it on my PC and was open to open these emails. I have found what I need and I want to save it to a new CD. How do I do this? I tried exporting and that doesn't work. Any input would be fabulous! Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook to Outlook Express #3
Hi! We seem to be having major problems with Outlook's address book not recognising emails which I know for a fact are in the address book. My boss is blowing his top. We have only recently moved from OE to Outlook. I'm just wondering if it is possible/easy to transfer address book and message data back to OE from Outlook? Can anyone help please? Cheers Dave On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:28:58 GMT, Dave The Brain <removedf-b.webstuff@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi! > >We seem to be having major problems with Outlook's address book not >recognising emails which I know fo...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

Help about sending email after complete a task
Hi everbody from spain and sorry for my bad english. I'm working with MSCRM 3.0 I'm trying to create a rule that send an email after closing a task to its creator (created by). I've already included on the form the field created by but when I'm trying to define an email action I can not select this field and just can select Logical User, User, Account and contact. It seems that logical solution was select "Logical User" and then Created by but just have administrator or administrator owner options. Is there any possibility to create this rule? Thanks in advance...

Outlook 2003 default save directory
Problem: When I save an attachment from an email using Outlook 2003 it defaults to the following directory - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKXXX. This is a pain. I was under the impression that it should always default to My Documents, but it does not. How can I make it so that it always defaults to My Documents?? Any help would be appreciated. Use the places bar shortcut to move to my docs and save it, then open the file from my docs. Try to avoid opening docs directly from outlook without first saving them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

Cannot Customise Outlook Today
Hi, Hope that someone can help me ... My "Customize Outlook Today" button in Outlook 2000 does nothing when I click on it - so I cannot Change my Select Mail folders, Calendar days, or Task options. I have tried editing the Registry and reloading the original file from CD. Regards, ADRIAN I have found this to be a bug after applying an IE service pack. Import this into the registry to fix your issue: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Application Compatibility] "Outlook.exe"=dword:00000001 >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >H...

Not being prompted for Outlook password
Hi, I'm running Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. I have set a password on my Outlook .pst file via Outlook but when most of the time (99%) I start up Outlook I am not prompted for the password. It just opens the file. Occasionally it will prompt for the password. Any help would be appreciated. "Harold Topper" <htopper@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OgnuIHxhJHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm running Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. I have set a password on > my Outlook .pst file via Outlook but when most of the time (9...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

Quick view...redux
In Live Mail, my Quick View folder has totally disappeared. <I suspect that a certain little relative of mine was messing around on the computer and deleted it but the reason that it happened is neither here nor there.> After reviewing and implementing the regedit "fix", that hasn't restored the folder. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Live Mail. That only takes me back to the way that it was with all of my email accounts still in place as they were before the uninstall/reinstall. It isn't doing a wipe of the program and "clean" ins...

Task alarms going off way too early
I have set up some recurring tasks with alarms, but I am having trouble getting them to behave. For example, I have a task that is supposed to have a pop-up reminder every Saturday. Well it popped up this morning with the message that it was due in 4 days. I have checked the settings, they are set for a weekly task, beginning last Sat and continuing indefinitely with an alarm at 8:00am each Sat. This pop-up is not showing an overdue task that I forgot to clear, it is showing something several days early. Am I setting something up incorrectly, or is this related to syncing my Sony Clie, or...