Cached mode will not work

I upgrade my Windows XP box from Outlook 2002 to Outlook
2003.  It starts up fine, but if I try to put it
in "Cached Mode" Outlook will not start.  It give the
generic message of "Cannot start Microsoft Office
Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of
folders could not be opened. The server is not available.
Contact your administrator in this condition persists."
I installed Outlook 2003 as a fresh install on my laptop
and cached mode works great.  Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74717)

Never mind I found the problem.  The offline file name was not a valid file.  I set it to a valid file name, which created it then it worked

0
anonymous (74717)

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Tab key does not work in CDialogBar
I have a dialog bar containing two edit controls and two associated (buddy) spin controls. I have set the tab order for the controls in the resource editor (and enabled Tab stop property for edit controls), and instantiated the dialog bar in CMainFrame::OnCreate(). The dialog bar works fine, except that pressing the tab key does not move the cursor to the next edit control. The problem is that I have assigned the Tab key as a shortcut key for one of the application menus (set via accelerator table). The framework is routing the Tab key to the application menu, and hence the CDialogBar never ...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Excel 2007: Grouping data not work properly
I am making several pivotreports from a table in a workbook. In the first report I group some data. In the other reports it show up not like the name I gave in the first report. It is like Category2. What is the best way to make several reports in 2007? Helge ...

moving selected data to to other work books
I have set up my accounts in a excel work book. I need to move selecte information from one sheet to different sheets. let me explain further There are sales figures for example David, Samuel, and John in on sheet for a particular day. Individual sales figures for the thre different people need to be copied to three seperate sheets can this b done? Please please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chris mills >" <<Chris.mills.169f2v@excelforum-nospam....

HotFix for Windows XP will NOT download from Windows Update
This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 (update 1 of 1)... will not download from Windows Update either from the yellow shield or online with Windows Update. it's getting annoying as Windows Update has tried to install it at least every other minute and it keeps failing to the point I am ignoring the yellow shield and continue with my work. How do I get this HotFix INSTALLED??????? Defguy wrote: >This hotfix : Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Servic...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Recent Items List not working
I have 15 items in my Recent Items list that never change. I create new word, notepad, etc, documents & letters and they do not show up in Recent items although all sorts of other stuff shows up there??? 1) Case 1. Easy: Try rightclick on taskbar-->Properties-->StartMenu. I assume you're switched into Classic Startmenu style? So look at bottom of that dialog screen, it says "privacy". MAKE SURE "STORE & DISPLAY A LIST OF RECENTLY OPENED FILES OR PROGRAMS" checkboxes are checked! Because if accidentlaly it's not enabled, Vista will ...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

Outlook 2003 will not start in Windows 7
I have installed office 2003 with Windows 7. Every other application will start but Outlook 2003. It just says "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working" when i try to open it. I have tried re-installing the program but nothing seems to work. Applied Service Pack 3 already for Office 2003? Additionally see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Q...

Repairing a db from suspect mode
Hello, I have a SQL Server 2005 database in Suspect mode , as a try to recover , I did the following EXEC sp_resetstatus 'Bluestar3'; ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET EMERGENCY Database state is now in Emergency Mode , so this worked, then I did that ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE DBCC CheckDB ('Bluestar3', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) I received this error ******************************************** Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space ...

send from still doesn't work
Hi, I have 2 problems: 1) Some users would like to send as like the where somebody else. I tried the send on behalf permissions and i tried the security settings in ADUC to give send as permissions. none of them will work. The error i get is "you are not autherized to send the message for the user" ((this is perhaps a bad/not so accurate translation)). How do i resolve this problem?? 2) I have an exchange 2000 Server with 2 email domains running on it. Company-A.com ant Organisation-B.net. All users have email adresses for both the firms. The users would like to send email from bo...

Will the CTreeView get this notification?
Hello, I have a frame window with a CSplitterWnd. The splitter window has two panes. One of the panes is a class derived from CTreeView (which contains a CTreeCtrl if I'm not mistaken) When the selection in the tree changes a TCN_SELCHANGE notification is sent to the parent...I thought the parent in this case would be my CTreeView derived class (named WindowView) but that doesn't seem to be true because the expression in the if statement below never evaluates to true no matter how many times I select an item in the tree... BOOL WindowView::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam,...

To Cache Mode or not to Cache Mode
Folks, I am keen to get your views on Cached Mode. We are about to upgrade to Office 2003/Exchange 2003. We have had performance problems with the Outlook client in our current environment of Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000(the infamous 'Requesting Data' Message). Cached Mode would seem a given however we have many laptop users. Our security guys are worried about OST's being accesible if the laptop is lost. A combination of tools such as Locksmith and a password cracker for password protection on OST/PST's could be used to access the mailbox. It would be interesting to know wha...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

Password for mailbox not working
My password for my mail doesn't work...I've tried everything I can think of...any suggestions? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: mswebba <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My p...

Cached Mode and GAL problem
Hi, I got a strange problem about GAL in Cache mode, we used E2K3 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2, the problem is lots people could not find contacts who ever showed in GAL sometimes, I have asked the clients to delete current OAB files then download the fresh one, yes, this way could solve problem, but some days later, the client will meet the same problem again even I could see the OAB files is up to date, any suggestion? thanks in advance. Do you have more than one public folder server? Perhaps one doesn't have a current replica. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world...

Control Will Not Update
How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and re-opening it? It used to work fine before I converted the DB to 2007. Basically, a user keys in an item number, and I would like the item description control to populate after they move out of the item control field. The source for the form is a select query. Any help would be appreciated. "DJM2290" <DJM2290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3EE101D-A3C1-4E8F-8D9D-2D357A415638@microsoft.com... > How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and ...

Compatibility MOde and Read only
I am a new user of Excel 2007 and have previously used Excel 2002. I have received an Excel sheet which opens in "Compatibility mode" and as "Read only". When I try to save it, it will only save as a copy and defaults to Excel 93-2003 format, so I assume that is how it was created. When I delete empty rows or columns at the end of the database and save the file and then reopen it the deleted rowa/columns are still there in the saved copy. a) what am I doing wrong? b) how do I open it in non "compatibility mode" and not as "read only"? c...

It worked
Thank you so very much! ...

Reminders will not clear
Hi, I cannot seem to clear reminders. They pop up even though apparently deleted! Thanks, Roger Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:003b01c3c8a8$5b5a95b0$a301280a@phx.gbl, Roger wrote: > Hi, > > I cannot seem to clear reminders. They pop up even tho...

Control tip text not working
Hi! I,m trying to use Controltip text in my forms but for some reason its nor working. Is ther any control or setting that i have to adjust to get the Controltip text functoin to work in access 2007? I,ve also tried to open a new access database to test this but its not working. Could it be something wrong with access or am i missing some reference or what could be wrong. Best regards Arne Olsson I just tested one of my old MDBs on Access 2007 and the ControlTip text worked fine. I also tested in the Northwind database using the ACCDB filetype, and it worked fine. Try selecti...

Search isn't working in the newsgroup
I tried to search for install, reinstall, setup, etc. I get the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Your query for "install" did not return results. The following may help you find the results you were looking for: Check your spelling. Enter a term or phrase that's less specific. Try different phrasing. Try fewer words. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- What is the problem? -- David Wertz Got me. Try an Advanced Search of newsgroup microsoft.public.money at http://groups.google.com. "D...

Alt+Tab not working
Hi guys, I had the same problem and I got it cleared from a bootup scan with Avast Home Edition. Now its working perfectly. Hope this solves your problem. Regards Senthil EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Who are you replying to, this is a newsgroup, not a chat room. Senthil wrote: > Hi guys, I had the same problem and I got it cleared from a bootup scan with Avast Home Edition. Now its working perfectly. Hope this solves your problem. > > Regards > Senthil > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.egghea...