cached mode file locations

Does anyone know where the files are stored for outlook 2003 cached mode?
The users file that use to be an ost and the oab?

0
none89 (807)

GreenGoblin <none@none.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where the files are stored for outlook 2003 cached
> mode? The users file that use to be an ost and the oab?

The OST and OAB files can be found in the (hidden) folder
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
--
Brian Tillman
0

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Temporary save files and their accesibility
Hello, We recently altered an Excel workbook and have subsequently saved it, we have since found that ideally we would take step back in time and not make the changes we have. I have looked around the discussion topics only to be disappointed by some of the replies stating that what I’m asking is impossible. But here goes anyway: It is my understanding that when Excel saves it has a randomly named temporary file that it saves to, upon successful save the file is renamed to that of the file you are working on and the previously saved file is deleted. With that in mind surely there i...

Excel 2003 crashes when trying ti open a file from the lookdown me
Excel opens with no problem but, click on 'File\open' the program hangs. You might have a corrupt menu file, close Excel, do a search for *.xlb (depending on the excel version the name differs, 2002 is named Excel10.xlb, make sure hidden files and folders are shown rename it to Excel.bak). Then restart excel, if the problem is still there delete tmp files, every time you create a workbook Excel keeps track of it by making tmp files which should be deleted by Excel but sometimes that doesn't happen -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "SFelmey"...

Display a PDF file in Excel as a picture
I am trying to insert a PDF file in a spreadsheet so that it views as a picture, not an icon I need to print a PDF picture of a machine toolpath to send out to our shop with our orders Maybe you can copy it as a picture from within Adobe's reader. Select the Graphics Icon in Reader. Lasso your "picture" Edit|copy back to excel and edit|paste In simple tests, I had to do each pdf page one at a time. And it helped if I copied from a zoom that was readable--if I blew up the picture within excel, it looked very bad. Stevie H wrote: > > I am trying to insert a PDF fi...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Converting Page Maker Files to Publisher Files
Is there any way to convert Page Maker 6.5 files to Publisher 2002 files? In news:57F64FBC-0419-4D18-A73F-4AEC25E82F3B@microsoft.com, h2okotte <h2okotte@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > Is there any way to convert Page Maker 6.5 files to Publisher 2002 > files? No there is not. You can either: 1. Export the text as an *.rtf file 2. Copy and Paste from PageMaker to Publisher 2002 3. Export each page as an EPS file and insert into Publisher 2002 4. Drag and Drop from the PageMaker window to the Publisher 2002 window 5. Recreate the publications manually in Publisher 2002. --...

Unable to open files after re-installing Money 2005
I have had to rebuild my PC. I backed up my Money 2005 files to a different hard drive. I reinstalled Money 2005. When I try to load a backup file or the last saved .mny file, Money tells me it cannot open the file because the path is wrong, it is write protected, etc. None of this is correct. It is also marking load attempts with a .M12 extension. I believe this means that Money thinks these are 2004 files. These were all created with Money 2005. If anyone has seen this before, please let me know. Thanks. -- DHG In microsoft.public.money, DHG wrote: >I have had to rebuild ...

Handle to file
What is the best way to obtain HANDLE to file we know the path ?? I am using somethink like that: HANDLE handle; WIN32_FIND_DATA; CString file = "C:\\app.exe"; ..... handle = FindFirstFile(file,&w32fd); .... I need this handle to obtain file size: ..... GetFileSize(handle,NULL); ..... Maybe you know better way to obtain HANDLE to file and file size ?? -- __ phoenix_ phoenix_@wp.pl Take a look at CreateFile() .... Steve C "phoenix" <phoenix_@wp.pl> wrote in message news:bn5t59$bhp$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > What is the best way to obtain HANDLE...

Comparing a value in EXCEL and XML files
want to know how to write a code in VB.NET for the following situation > I have a field( Ex. Capital) in my XML file and that field results in a value(Ex. $5000)....now i have my Excel file with multiple worksheets in it....I want to write a code that can read a single field (Ex. Capital) in XML file and then take it's value (Ex.$5000).....After reading the $5000 it should search through my entire Excel file( In all Worksheets) and see if that Value exists ....If it exists then return as "Pass" if not "Fail".....I also hav 1 more condition but first i would like to...

Importing a .WAB file
Why can I not import my Windows Address Book .WAB file to Outlook. It is extremely easy to do in Outlook express but it seems impossible in Outlook 2002 SP2. It doesnt give you the option to import that type of file. You would seem with all Microsoft's intergration that usually makes things wicked easy that this would be the case here. I tried the CSV but everything was messed up. Thanks Rob Outlook and Outlook Express are completely separate programs with nothing in common and no integration. OE uses WAB files. Outlook does not. If you want to import WAB data into Outlook, ...

file is locked for editing by ' '.
Hail and well met. I have a user who is running windows XP with office. When he tries to open an excel document from the recent files list he is recieving the error message: File is locked for editing by ' '. Open 'Read-only' or, click 'Notify' to open read-only and recieve notififcation when the document is no longer in use. No-one else but the user is opening this document. It is on a network share from a Windows 2000 Small business server. This error appears randomly and for some days the system will work well and then others the error appears and he c...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Repairing a db from suspect mode
Hello, I have a SQL Server 2005 database in Suspect mode , as a try to recover , I did the following EXEC sp_resetstatus 'Bluestar3'; ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET EMERGENCY Database state is now in Emergency Mode , so this worked, then I did that ALTER DATABASE Bluestar3 SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE DBCC CheckDB ('Bluestar3', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) I received this error ******************************************** Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space ...

Corrupt file #3
Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware utility for repairing or recovering info from a corrupt Publisher 2003 file? Are you getting a message? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Charles R" <CharlesR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B66F3DE7-45B3-4D9A-BF66-066C502395BD@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware utility for repairing or > recovering info from a corrupt Publisher 2003 file? Mary, Thanks...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

To Cache Mode or not to Cache Mode
Folks, I am keen to get your views on Cached Mode. We are about to upgrade to Office 2003/Exchange 2003. We have had performance problems with the Outlook client in our current environment of Outlook 2000/Exchange 2000(the infamous 'Requesting Data' Message). Cached Mode would seem a given however we have many laptop users. Our security guys are worried about OST's being accesible if the laptop is lost. A combination of tools such as Locksmith and a password cracker for password protection on OST/PST's could be used to access the mailbox. It would be interesting to know wha...

Publisher 2003 improperly references files in a web publication
When I publish to the web, all references are complete paths pointing to the local hard drive. I con't copy this to a web server. How do I change this behavior. This worked properly in Publisher 2000. In the future please make use of the correct forum for the subject matter, in this case that would be microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - you will find tons of info in our forum to help you. You would find several threads on your topic in our forum to assist you. 2002/2003 do not include external files in the publish. This is also documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. http://...

Cached Mode and GAL problem
Hi, I got a strange problem about GAL in Cache mode, we used E2K3 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2, the problem is lots people could not find contacts who ever showed in GAL sometimes, I have asked the clients to delete current OAB files then download the fresh one, yes, this way could solve problem, but some days later, the client will meet the same problem again even I could see the OAB files is up to date, any suggestion? thanks in advance. Do you have more than one public folder server? Perhaps one doesn't have a current replica. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world...

MRU File List
Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? -Tom R. "Thomas Rybka" wrote: > Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? > > -Tom R. > I am certain there are better solutions; but the following code worked for me.... // When we create a new document the first time, we will // fill that documents first view with data read from the // first file in the users Most Recently Used (MRU) list of files. (or "Recent File List") // String defined per documentation (Word "File", ending with formating "%d") static cons...

Do Macros cause corruption of big files
I frequently use Macros for formatting csv, dat or prn type of files. I am told that such frequent use of Macros may corrupt the files. Is it true? Since .csv and .prn (and .dat???) are plain old text files, they shouldn't be corruptible at all. If you're saving the file as .xls, then I've never noticed any correlation between macro use and corrupt files. But I'd say finding the reason a file gets corrupted is pretty difficult. Abhay wrote: > > I frequently use Macros for formatting csv, dat or prn type of files. I am > told that such frequent use of Macros may...

Compatibility MOde and Read only
I am a new user of Excel 2007 and have previously used Excel 2002. I have received an Excel sheet which opens in "Compatibility mode" and as "Read only". When I try to save it, it will only save as a copy and defaults to Excel 93-2003 format, so I assume that is how it was created. When I delete empty rows or columns at the end of the database and save the file and then reopen it the deleted rowa/columns are still there in the saved copy. a) what am I doing wrong? b) how do I open it in non "compatibility mode" and not as "read only"? c...

VSS files
Doea anyone know if i can get the vss files for dell and cisco? many thanks in advance matt I'm really not being sarcastic: www.dell.com www.cisco.com They make them publicly available for free. I have the google toolbar installed and i just chose "search site" with VISIO Stencils in the search field. /Jeff "Matt Jenkins" <mattyjenks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23BRwC1fRDHA.3192@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Doea anyone know if i can get the vss files for dell and cisco? > > many thanks in advance > matt > > cheers i finally fou...

Publisher 2000 ~ Cannot open file
I created several documents in Publisher 2000. When I got a new laptop I of course saved all my data and transferred it to the new laptop. I then installed the exact same version of Publisher 2000. When I open files created in Publisher 2000 I get the following error: "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." Since this install came from the exact same CD's what could be causing this problem? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tammy Stuart <cstech@montana.com>... > I created several documents in Publisher ...

Outlook cached mode
Hello, I use outlook 2003 in cached mode and exchange 2007. Everything was working fine, but: Last week my mailserver was down for several hours, i fixed the problem, but after that, outlook 2003 is not updating anymore in cahced mode. When i turn cached mode off, i see all my mails, if i turn cached mode on, i see only the mails before the crash, althoug outlook is saying that all folders are up to date. Any help? Tx, Since Cached mode creates an .OST file, the simple fix would be to delete the .OST file and let it rebuild. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Enginee...