Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?

Hi All,

I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm
using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via
RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled.

My problem:

When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my
connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the
words that say something about me having to be connected to view this
message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached
copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven't used
in like 4 months.

So, the basic problem is that my cached Exchange folders are from an
Exchange 2003 server that I don't use anymore. Is there any way to "reset"
this? I've tried disabling and re-enabling Cached Exchange mode, but that
hasn't fixed it.

Thanks,
Brian

0
brian2864 (9)

If you disable cached Exchange mode and then find and delete any .ost file,
that will remove all caches from your machine.

Once you've done that, I'd suggest connecting to the server another way than
RPC over HTTP at least once. See if that fixes the problem. If so, then
connect RPC over HTTP again and see if hte problem is still fixed.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003
Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Brian Madden" <brian@brianmadden.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm
> using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server
via
> RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled.
>
> My problem:
>
> When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my
> connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with
the
> words that say something about me having to be connected to view this
> message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached
> copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven't
used
> in like 4 months.
>
> So, the basic problem is that my cached Exchange folders are from an
> Exchange 2003 server that I don't use anymore. Is there any way to "reset"
> this? I've tried disabling and re-enabling Cached Exchange mode, but that
> hasn't fixed it.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
patriciac (522)

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

Exchange 2003 with entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3194350827_962437 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi all, am doing research on this setup, and would appreciate any and all feedback you have --B_3194350827_962437 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Exchange 2003 with entourage</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"V...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Tracking email attachment sizes in exchange 2000??
Hey Everyone!! I wanted to know if there is a way within Exchange 2000 to track or report the users that send large attachments. Like we want to know all the users that send over 5mb of attachments via email? Is this possible with Exchange 2000 or do we need a third party tool? I know we can block large attachments in SMTP options in System Manager but we don't want to block anything, we just want to see a report. any ideas? thanks There isn't anything native that will show you this. Message tracking will show you a log of who sent what, and can optionally log the subject li...

Outlook cannot conect to Exchange Server using Comcast
Hi Everyone, I am currently using Outlook 2007 and cannot conect to my companies Microsoft Exchange Server. I use Comcast as my internet service provider. I am able to use our webclient through IE to do my daily emails, but its really a pain not to be able to use Outlook. So I am looking for a fix. When I travel, I am able to connect from hotels (I am guessing since they don't have any ports blocked) so I know my account is set up correctly. I read about comcast "blocking" ports that MES uses to communicate, but am not able to find a fix for this. So my questions are: Is ther...

Error When Removing Exchange 2003
When I try to remove MS Exchange 2003 SP2 from a Windows 2003 Server SP1 I get the following error: "One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager" I have no users with a mailbox on that server. I followed all of the instructions at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279202 And still found no users with mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions what to try next in order to be able to remove Exchange from this server? Thanks. --...

Redirection email to a specific mailbox from an extrenal address at Exchange server
Hello, I have and exchange 2007 single box setup. I am trying to figure out how to route all mail that arrives from a specific external address to a specific internal address as it touches the exchange server. Need to have all messages sent to a mailbox for review and then routing to the appropriate department. Is there a way to do it from the exchange server. Thank you for any help. Daryl I think what your looking for is a Transport Rule on the Org level under HUB Transport. There you can set conditions for inbound messages. "baron1211" wrote: > He...

Two Exchange servers
Hi all - I have two Exchange 2000 servers. When I set up smarthosting I can't seem to get mail from one Exchange server to the other. Is there a guide someone can point me to on this or could someone please explain it? Thanks! Please explain what you're trying to do and specifically what you've tried to do in order to accomplish the task. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "System Admin" <sysadmin@example.com> wrote in message news:%23rx5bf$sFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all - > > I ...

export exchange server global address book
I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the global address book. And what format of file is becomes? is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:13:26 -0700, "barakuda" <khairul@smartlab.com.my> wrote: >I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the >global address book. And what format of file is becomes? >is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? This will help you get the information out: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm ...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

pop3 and exchange #2
i have a client that has sbs 2003, we have exchange setup along with a pop3 account. we want the pop3 to be the default but everytime they reboot exchange becomes the default and they cannot send email out. is there a way i can keep the pop3 as the default and not worry about exchange. at some point we will fix exchange to do it all, but until they are ready i need to get this fixed. thanks in advance. ed In news:C861DBE0-EA2D-4799-AB80-2BDEADFA3A6F@microsoft.com, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > i have a client that ...

Moving Exchange database to a new server while keeping the same server name
Ok, this part seems pretty straightforward: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945 There's one catch in this environment. The old tech promoted the Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2003 Server Standard) to a domain controller! And I of course don't want my new replacement Exchange server to be a DC. So my thoughts were, first of all, unplugging the existing Exchange Server. Then popping into ADSIEDIT, and removing its DC entries. I'm hoping this won't screw up the SID. Next, reset the computer account, join my new Exchange Server in w...

ERROR: Field 'Exchange Rate. Exchange Rate' does not have a defaul
I want integration manager to select Currency ID, Rate Type ID from my source file and use the default Exchange Rate from the Exchange Rate Table. But I get this ERROR: Field 'Exchange Rate. Exchange Rate' does not have a default value Any suggestions? ...

Accessing Exchange 2003 via a PDA
I have exchange server 2003 behind a hardware firewall. One of my users wants to use his PDA (which has internet access) to access his inbox remotely. I am struggling to find any KB articles about how to set this up. I would be grateful for any pointers. Thanks in advance Gary It should already be set up if you can get to OWA. Just have the user go to http(s)://server.domain.com/OMA. It's called Outlook Mobile Access, and is specially formatted for easy viewing with mobile devices. Note that if you are requiring SSL, some devices can have issues, especially if you don't h...

X Axis on wrong side
I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels to the traditional bottom of the chart. Art double click on the axis, select patterns and set tick mark labels to low "ArthurJ" wrote: > I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis > category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the > TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels...

Shared Mailbox setup Exchange 2007
Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. The shared mailbox user "Sales" is disabled. Can anyone help with a step by step setup guide? On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:16:03 -0700, cruiseyunfat <cruiseyunfat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have >allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. >The shared mailbox user "Sales" is dis...

Exchange 5.5 Disclaimer notice
Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make it smaller...Where? How? Depends what's actually adding the disclaimer. If it's the IMSEXT.DLL, then see this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262097 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Alwyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a601c3da72$e2de9230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make > it smaller...Where? How? If i do a search for IMSEXT.DLL it comes back with no ...

New Patch for Exchange Vulnerability's impact on CRM-Exchange Email Router Services?
Dear all, Would anyone knows the following new patch for Exchange vulnerability reported this month as critical. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-019.mspx will have any impact on the CRM-Exchange Email Router Services (MCRM v3.0)? This security update includes the change to the Send as permission that is discussed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 912918 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918/) Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003 Thanks and regards! ...

Cannot send mail from test Exchange 2007 server
Hello, I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our existing 2003 Exchange/Active Directory site. The install seemed to go fine. It pulled over all the connector settings for our site as well as the smart host information. Yet, I cannot send email from a test account on 2007 to internal users or to the Internet. Is there something special I am not doing? -Jim -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams What happens when you try? Is there anything in the queue? Did you se...

OWA Access for 2nd Exchange 2003 Server #2
I posted this question on the microsoft.public.exchange.clients newsgroup, but no one seems to be responding so I thought I would try my post here. Here's the question: We have an Exchange 2003 server that currently houses all of our mailboxes for both of our offices and we've been running OWA just great. But to reduce our point-to-point traffic use, we decided to create a 2nd Exchange box to house mail for the other office and put it there. I have the 2nd Exchange box installed. It works great. Mail can be sent to and from it internally and externally. My only problem is that ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Exchange E-mail Router Support and Access Rights
The IG documentation states that Windows Server 2003 is a supported operating system. Is Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 supported. It also states Microsoft Exchnage Server 2003 must be installed. Is Exchange 2003 service pack 2 supported? What privledges does an administer need to have to be able to rollout the inbox rules? I cannot find that informaiton anywhere int eh IG. What access do they have to have in Exchange, AD, on teh Exchaneg boxes? Thanks Hoss Pretty sure the admin needs to be an Exchange Admin to roll-out the rules. I have not heard anything definate on E...