Cached Exchange Mode #4

What's the best way to turn on the Cached Exchange Mode with the least user
intervention?  This is for the scenario where the Outlook is already
installed.  Is there any scripts that would automate this?

Thank you in advanced.

You could create a prf-file to automatically recreate the mail profiles.
More on prf-file creation can be found in the Office Resource Kit

Or you can edit the registry key controlling Cached Exchange Mode;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/cachedmoderegkey.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Rully Kusuma" <anonymous@whatever.com> wrote in message
> What's the best way to turn on the Cached Exchange Mode with the least
> user
> intervention?  This is for the scenario where the Outlook is already
> installed.  Is there any scripts that would automate this?
>
> Thank you in advanced.

0
Roady

BP 4.0 and the effect on Great Plains
When installing BP (and requisision management), how does effect the Great Plains Database? Does it actually add tables, or add fields to existing tables... or does it just read information from Great Plains. I saw an old article with BP 1.2; but I want to make sure that we are still good. The reason that I am asking is that our IT department wants to make sure that take measures preinstall such as reimaging servers, backing up databases, testing the GP application, etc... Thanks. willwonka, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Specific to the GP databases, the BP install does a few things...

File Handling and Caching
I am writing a C/C++ application that opens a set of files and reads/writes to these files in chunks/blocks called pages. There are two specific types of files used to store different sets of information. There are data files used to store the logical data records and index files used to store index references to the logical data records in the data file. The data file pagesize is determined by whether its storing variable or equal size records. For this discussion, we can ignore variable length data files and assume that data file pagesize is equal to a record size. For the index fi...

Exchange Server 2000
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. My E-Mail is down. I have Jobs in the Que but none of the users can connect to the server. The last time this Happened, someone from Microsoft Rebuild my data file. I beleive I have some of the commands but I want to make sure. Does anyone have the instructions? I had to re mount the Store and go into the Command Promt and run some commands but I am not sure the procedure and what files to remove. Thanks MOE Check your Event Viewer for related errors to this issue. Sounds like you may be reaching your 16GB limit...

question #4
im using an nntp1 server, how do i set up my email? "juror" <abc@abc.c0m> wrote in message news:uUFSCj$QEHA.2032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > im using an nntp1 server, how do i set up my email? > > nntp is NEWS not mail. Your mail server should be POP or IMAP. ...

Exchange 2003 with entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3194350827_962437 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi all, am doing research on this setup, and would appreciate any and all feedback you have --B_3194350827_962437 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Exchange 2003 with entourage</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"V...

Cached Exchange mode has wrong cache?
Hi All, I have a goofball problem that I've been trying to fix to no avail. I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connecting to the exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Cached Exchange mode is enabled. My problem: When I'm connected to the server, all is well. However, if I lose my connection, I cannot view any messages. I get the blank gray screen with the words that say something about me having to be connected to view this message. If I restart outlook and choose "work offline," I get the cached copy of my old Exchange mailbox (on a different server) that I haven&...

Tracking email attachment sizes in exchange 2000??
Hey Everyone!! I wanted to know if there is a way within Exchange 2000 to track or report the users that send large attachments. Like we want to know all the users that send over 5mb of attachments via email? Is this possible with Exchange 2000 or do we need a third party tool? I know we can block large attachments in SMTP options in System Manager but we don't want to block anything, we just want to see a report. any ideas? thanks There isn't anything native that will show you this. Message tracking will show you a log of who sent what, and can optionally log the subject li...

Outlook cannot conect to Exchange Server using Comcast
Hi Everyone, I am currently using Outlook 2007 and cannot conect to my companies Microsoft Exchange Server. I use Comcast as my internet service provider. I am able to use our webclient through IE to do my daily emails, but its really a pain not to be able to use Outlook. So I am looking for a fix. When I travel, I am able to connect from hotels (I am guessing since they don't have any ports blocked) so I know my account is set up correctly. I read about comcast "blocking" ports that MES uses to communicate, but am not able to find a fix for this. So my questions are: Is ther...

Error When Removing Exchange 2003
When I try to remove MS Exchange 2003 SP2 from a Windows 2003 Server SP1 I get the following error: "One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager" I have no users with a mailbox on that server. I followed all of the instructions at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279202 And still found no users with mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions what to try next in order to be able to remove Exchange from this server? Thanks. --...

Redirection email to a specific mailbox from an extrenal address at Exchange server
Hello, I have and exchange 2007 single box setup. I am trying to figure out how to route all mail that arrives from a specific external address to a specific internal address as it touches the exchange server. Need to have all messages sent to a mailbox for review and then routing to the appropriate department. Is there a way to do it from the exchange server. Thank you for any help. Daryl I think what your looking for is a Transport Rule on the Org level under HUB Transport. There you can set conditions for inbound messages. "baron1211" wrote: > He...

Pivot Table Problem #4
I have a workbook that contains 10 separate sheets. Each sheet has data that is arranged in 3 columns with the same column labels and same type of data. I want to create a pivot table that will consolidate all 10 of the data sets. I am able to do this using the multiple range functionality but it does not produce the results I am looking for. I have tried changing the layout multiple ways to no avail. It will if I do one pivot table for each but then I would need to merge all of the individual Pivot Tables which I can not seem to do. What I want is this: Columns a,b,c of each sheet hav...

Two Exchange servers
Hi all - I have two Exchange 2000 servers. When I set up smarthosting I can't seem to get mail from one Exchange server to the other. Is there a guide someone can point me to on this or could someone please explain it? Thanks! Please explain what you're trying to do and specifically what you've tried to do in order to accomplish the task. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "System Admin" <sysadmin@example.com> wrote in message news:%23rx5bf$sFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all - > > I ...

export exchange server global address book
I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the global address book. And what format of file is becomes? is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:13:26 -0700, "barakuda" <khairul@smartlab.com.my> wrote: >I would like to ask anyone that knows hot to export the >global address book. And what format of file is becomes? >is it same as outlooks exported address book *.cvs? This will help you get the information out: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm ...

Cached vs Non-Cached
Hi all! Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to exchange/server 2003 combo)? Thanks! M mhaase-at-springmind.com <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote: >Can anybody give me the quickie-30-second-sccop on the pros & cons of >running Outlook in "Cached" vs "Non-Cached" mode (connectiing to >exchange/server 2003 combo)? Losing the connection to the server won't make the client entirely unproductive. Working while disconnected is pos...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

Print Presets in 10.4.x
I've found an interesting issue that only affects MS Word in Office 2004 with the lastest update of 11.2. 1. Open a Word Document 2. Create a few Presets - mine are Letterhead and Plain Paper 3. Goto File->Print 4. In the Copies field type 5 - don't tab out of the field 5. Now change to another Preset 6. Notice that the Copies field still has 5 in it? 7. Now hit the tab button which should tab you out of the Copies field. Notice it NOW changes to 1 Anyone found a workaround or know how to fix this issue?? This bug happens on 4 Mac OS X 10.4.2 computers printing to 2 diffe...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

pop3 and exchange #2
i have a client that has sbs 2003, we have exchange setup along with a pop3 account. we want the pop3 to be the default but everytime they reboot exchange becomes the default and they cannot send email out. is there a way i can keep the pop3 as the default and not worry about exchange. at some point we will fix exchange to do it all, but until they are ready i need to get this fixed. thanks in advance. ed In news:C861DBE0-EA2D-4799-AB80-2BDEADFA3A6F@microsoft.com, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > i have a client that ...

Moving Exchange database to a new server while keeping the same server name
Ok, this part seems pretty straightforward: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945 There's one catch in this environment. The old tech promoted the Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2003 Server Standard) to a domain controller! And I of course don't want my new replacement Exchange server to be a DC. So my thoughts were, first of all, unplugging the existing Exchange Server. Then popping into ADSIEDIT, and removing its DC entries. I'm hoping this won't screw up the SID. Next, reset the computer account, join my new Exchange Server in w...

ERROR: Field 'Exchange Rate. Exchange Rate' does not have a defaul
I want integration manager to select Currency ID, Rate Type ID from my source file and use the default Exchange Rate from the Exchange Rate Table. But I get this ERROR: Field 'Exchange Rate. Exchange Rate' does not have a default value Any suggestions? ...

Accessing Exchange 2003 via a PDA
I have exchange server 2003 behind a hardware firewall. One of my users wants to use his PDA (which has internet access) to access his inbox remotely. I am struggling to find any KB articles about how to set this up. I would be grateful for any pointers. Thanks in advance Gary It should already be set up if you can get to OWA. Just have the user go to http(s)://server.domain.com/OMA. It's called Outlook Mobile Access, and is specially formatted for easy viewing with mobile devices. Note that if you are requiring SSL, some devices can have issues, especially if you don't h...

Wizard description problem after Rollup2(CRM 4.0)
Who know why after installation Rollup2 part description quick campaign wizard was changed to different language than standard installation. And How can repair this... Jag, Check what language you have setup on your personal options. CRM -> Tools -> Options -> Languages tab Peter Gernburd "jag" <jag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E935F370-7E49-4748-A26F-A97F049414D4@microsoft.com... > Who know why after installation Rollup2 part description quick campaign > wizard was changed to different language than standard installation. And > H...

Shared Mailbox setup Exchange 2007
Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. The shared mailbox user "Sales" is disabled. Can anyone help with a step by step setup guide? On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:16:03 -0700, cruiseyunfat <cruiseyunfat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have >allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. >The shared mailbox user "Sales" is dis...

Exchange 5.5 Disclaimer notice
Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make it smaller...Where? How? Depends what's actually adding the disclaimer. If it's the IMSEXT.DLL, then see this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262097 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Alwyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a601c3da72$e2de9230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Disclaimer notice text is very big in size...need to make > it smaller...Where? How? If i do a search for IMSEXT.DLL it comes back with no ...