Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today

When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize
Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the
column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to
it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes
and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for
anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes
that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of
tasks and notes appears. Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Lost ability to open (activate) Excel files from Explorer, Outlook
I have lost the ability to open Excel files by clicking on their icon from within programs apart from Excel. eg if I click on an Excel file icon from Explorer or Outlook, then Excel starts but the file I wanted does not open. If I use Excel to open the file there are no problems. Henny Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. ...

error messages in Outlook ????
I just installed Outlook as part of Office 2003 and am trying to set it up as my email reader onto POP3 accounts. I have set up my accounts / passwords/ incoming & outoing servers / etc, but it will not send / retrieve email. I get a message that says "Operation failed. An object could not be found." What does this mean? I can't figure out how to make the darn program work. This is infuriating. Are you using the Test Account Settings button when setting up your account? Try creating a fresh mail profile here: Control Panel->MAil Icon->Show Profiles->New....

Windows XP Upadte re outlook
I understand that an windows update was supplied however this attachment removes all attachments. I would like to know how to remove this attachment because I want attachments. I believe that it is a windows update because I say this problem stated on a TV show, however I was unaware that I was having this problem at that time so I did not not the update number. Please Please help me if you can. It would be helpful if you sent me the answer by email to sscotu@hotmail.com but remember that all attachments are removed so the answer must be in the text. Many Many thanks Richard Armitage...

Authentication broken....
We have had CRM 3 running for about 1 month now with no problems. One of my colleagues started messing around with CRM Mobile, and since then we have major authentication issues with CRM 3. Some users can log on as normal via either the web client or the Outlook client, while others get a login prompt and their credentials are not accepted at all. IIS is set to integrated for crm, they have user accounts within crm and the restricted access box isn't ticked. Anybody seen this before? ...

Manual Archive Not Working
Running Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003 A year ago I manually archived all my "old" emails - and wrote up instructions so I'd know how to do it this year. This year, it's not working. I move my old items to a new folder, go to File | Archive, select the folder, tell it to archive items older than today (I've checked and the items to be archived all have Modified Dates older than today), check the box to include things marked "do not archive", make sure the .pst file referenced is the correct one, and tell it OK. Outlook tells me it's archiving, and when ...

Unable to open up Outlook
I walked a co worker through setting up an email account in Outlook 2000 and he can no longer open up Outlook. He had never used Outlook, only Outlook Express. The wizard walked him through setting up an account and importing some information. He was able to sned me an email and receive mine. He closed Outlook later and when he went to reopen Outlook, the hourglass will come on for about 4 -5 seconds and then stops but Outlook will not have opened. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Dennis Dennis <dkrice33@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I walked a co worker through setting up a...

Outlook 2002 SP3: Can't open file: *.msg. The file may not exist, you may...
Hi, recently I am unable to open attachments within Outlook that have an extension of .msg. When previewing a message in the preview pane, the attachment MSG icon appears white. When the message is opened, it changes to a beige color. Double-clicking (and choosing Open from the menu) on the icon in either state yields no results. When I save the message to my desktop, I took the DDE command used to open files with the .msg extension ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" /f "%1"). I changed to the directory where the message is and ran: "C:\Program...

Error when trying to open Note attachment....
We have users that are getting an error such as c:\\documents and settings\local settings\temporary internet\content.IE5\file name ....could not be found, etc.... when trying to open an attachment to a note....it works fine for some users and not at all for other users.... If you save it to your hard drive and then browse to it and open it it is fine.... Can't find anything on google group or partnersource knowledge base on this.... any ideas? ...

outlook error #59
I have a user running outlook xp. latley he get an error message when he is trying to access a shared calender "unable to open the Free/busy information. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks Claudia "Claudia Mumford" <cmumford@thc.on.ca> wrote in message news:OI%23lnz3AHHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a user running outlook xp. latley he get an error message when he is > trying to access a shared calender "unable to open the Free/busy > information. > Any help is greatly appreciated. > > thanks > Claudia > > A swift google ...

add counter
Hi How are you I am running pub 2002, I am creating an invoice for my small business, I am wondering if I can add an automatic counter to the page so that I get a different invoice number each time I opena page, do I need macros? please help I 've searched with out success I'm fine. Thank you for asking. Use mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "qwfx" <qwfx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E11E98D-084F-4EBE-99C4-CC7041ABF374@microsoft.com... > Hi How are you > I am running pub 2002, I am creating an invoice for my smal...

Need help transferring Outlook Express 5.0 email on PC to Entourage (Outlook) on Mac
Hi, I would like to move my email folders (particularly the ones I've created) and contents from my PC running Windows 98 SE to a new iMac, where I plan to use Entourage (the equivalent of Outlook in Microsoft Office for Mac). Does anyone have any tips on how this can be done? Thanks! "Linda Atkins" <spamhere@trip.net> wrote in message news:2c08ef0b-7082-46d3-9f28-ec8f90fb3e48@b1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I would like to move my email folders (particularly the ones I've > created) and contents from my PC running Windows 98 SE to a new iMac, > wh...

Outlook missing shortcut in properties, and missing OLE register
The c:\ drive on our old computer running Win98 SE was compressed to create room. We tried to load Outlook 2000 back onto this computer. When you go to the desktop icon and right click for properties there is nothing in the shortcut path. Outlook starts to open then displays a message stating that OLE register is missing. Have tried uninstalling and reloading Outlook to no avail. Any suggestions? ...

Excel cannot complete this task with available resources
I need help. I have an Excel file that is 35MB in size. This file is link to another Excel file that is 19MB in size to get its data from. When I tried to load the file to Excel 2003, it asked me if I want to update the link. If I choose not to update the link, the file loads without an error, but the data are not filled in. If I choose to update, I the error "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications". I know Excel 2003 has 1GB of heap memory. Is it possible that all the 1GB heap are being used? Is there any way to solve ...

Outlook 2003 05-19-10
I am having trouble emailing certain people. I receive an email back saying ..... "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test [Spam score: 9%] Sent: 19/05/2010 15:52 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@something.co.uk on 19/05/2010 15:50 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mydomian.co.uk #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Fix reverse DNS for (MY IP ADDRESS - 00.00.00.00) or use your ISP's mail server&...

How do I spell check notes in outlook 2007
I can spell check tasks, contacts, etc but how do I do it for notes Copy and paste to Word/Wordpad/YYour fave. spell checking App. and back again! Ctrl-A - notes Ctrl-C - notes Ctrl-V - to your spell-checking app Spellcheck Ctrl-A - your app. Ctrl-C - your app Ctrl - back in notes Hah! :} -- ____________________________ What could possibly go wrong? Michaele BA MCSE Systems Admin. North Coast Computer Services.com ---------------------------------------- "jensen" <jensen14@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1169315252.643267.121330@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... >...

Outlook 2003
I have a user on Office 2003 and when he's in Outlook 2003 and double-clicks an Office attachment (Word, Excel, Power Point) it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute to open the attachment. Others users have no problems at all when opening attachments. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 but still get the same behavior. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff One possible cause can occur with a local .OST that has not finished sychronizing with the Exchange server. "Jeff Walzer" <jwalzer@redsquaresystems.com> wrote in message news:02e301c3b080$e084fc20$a501280a...

How to Sync CRM
It´s my first time on trying it. System gives me the follow message error: " Outlook userID for Axapta employee/user is not the same as Microsoft Outlook registered user. SO it´s impossible to do any sync". How can I know MS Outlook registered user? I was trying with Windows user but the problem continue. Thanks I´m talking about CRM module integrated on Axapta; not CRM solution. Wrong newsgroup. Try Axapta newsgroup(s)... "AEN" <AEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA448609-164C-4C26-A91A-2A0FE191A3BC@microsoft.com... > I...

Question about different versions of Outlook/express as indicated in the X-mailer line
I've been identifying some spam based on what appears on the X-mailer line. I don't use Outlook or OE as an e-mail client. I'm focusing on spammers who construct (forge) e-mail headers to make the e-mails appear legit, which frequently means that they construct spams that appear to have been sent by Outlook or OE. For example, I'm seeing this in some recent spam: X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4922.1500 Of my entire e-mail inventory (about 60k e-mails going back to 1998 - most of it being spam) I have about 2 dozen e-mails (all of them spam) with the above X-Mail...

Viewing all Notes
Is there a way to be looking at a contact and view all the notes associated with an Account without opening each one? Is there a way to search through the notes for keywords? Thank you in advance. CRM does not offer this functionality, but you could add it yourself or look into an ISV add-on. c360.com has one that everyone seems to like. "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OrgMFq4vDHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Is there a way to be looking at a contact and view all the notes associated with an Account without opening each one? Is there a way to search through...

Copy to Folder Equivalent in Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2003 when I received a message with an attachment and I opened the attachment, I could select File, Copy to Folder from the menu to save the attached message to a folder as a message. In Outlook 2007 the Move to Folder command is not available while in the attachment. It is available from the original message, but I don't want to save both, just the attachment. Does any know how I can accomplish this in 2007 and why Move to Folder isn't available from the attachment? Thanks, Tanya It's there. Click the little arrow next to Move and you'll see the Copy = to F...

2008 R2 server, scheduled task issue
I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manually, it works and outputs data to a log file. the command is xcopy %fromCopy% %toCopy% /Q /E /I /M /Z /Y > xcopy.log When run under a scheduled task, with a local admin account, the log is not updated, although the xcopy works. Why does the log not update? The log file is in the same directory as xcopy. "Rossb2" <Rossb2@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7E90646A-3214-4C96-A9BB-BAF5DDDA7C95@microsoft.com... > I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manual...

removing the outlook crm 3.0 client manually
Hiya! How can i remove the crm 3.0 laptop client manually? I have tried to clean up the register and removed all the files from the disk, but still i get the error "An incompatible version of the microsoft crm desktop client for Microsoft Office Outlook is installed" Maybe I don't understand you completely, but why remove the laptop client manually? You can remove it through the control panel. Or maybe that failed. Did you remove the COM add-in from Outlook? Tools -> Options -> Tab "Other" -> Button "Advanced Options" -> Button "COM Add-...

Outlook style
When typing a new message, the style defaults to paragraph rather than normal (Tools\Styles\....) and I have to manually highlight and change the entire message each time back to normal. How can I make the message default to the normal style? >-----Original Message----- >When typing a new message, the style defaults to paragraph rather than normal >(Tools\Styles\....) and I have to manually highlight and change the entire >message each time back to normal. How can I make the message default to the >normal style? >. > What is your e-mail editor? Word? Thanks for ...

export messages from microsoft Outlook>Outlook Express
I have on my copmuter Microsoft Outlook and I want to export all messages from one email to another computer on the network, but that copmuter only has outlook express. I tried importing from outlook express it gave a message can not import from mapi mesages. Jacob <info@kohn.ca> wrote: > I have on my copmuter Microsoft Outlook and I want to export all > messages from one email to another computer on the network, but that > copmuter only has outlook express. I tried importing from outlook > express it gave a message can not import from mapi mesages. You need to have b...

Upgrade to Outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000
I have attempted to upgrade to outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000 at least 5 times! (1)Each time I get a message unable to open default email folders. (2) .dll file could not be found (3) Unable to load PSTPRX.dll (4) I have to accept opening default folder or the program will not open. (5) I am unable to open any folder, (inbox, Sent mail, Contacts etc) (6) I can look up the .pst file I need and it is there and will work fine when I reInstall Outlook 2000. (7) Outlook 2003 does not pickup accounts, profile. I see the names of folders Imoved to the outlook bar in Outlook 2000 but they cann...