Brand New to OL 2007

Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007?
I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the
info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for
something.  I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every
minute.

You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an
NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them
to a mail folder (in OE) to review later.

If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in
Outlook then copy and paste the answer into a Post form (Ctrl+Shift+S) in
the new folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Jeremy" <jeremiah.a.reynolds @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL
> 2007?
> I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of
> the
> info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for
> something.  I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every
> minute.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
2/10/2008 2:13:08 AM
I don't think I have OExpress.  There's no was to get some of the
conversaions here pt right on my outlook?

On 10 Feb, 02:35, Jeremy <jeremiah.a.reynolds @ gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think I have OExpress.

If you are running Windows-XP, then OE is built-in. If you are running
Windows-Vista then Windows-Mail does the same job.

In XP: Click "Start" > "Run", type "msimn" into the box (without the
quotes), then click "OK".

In Vista: Click the start button, type "msimn" into the search box
(without the quotes), then press the "Enter" key.

--
WH
Outlook Express (aka Mail in Vista) comes with the operating system. Outlook

--

> I don't think I have OExpress.  There's no was to get some of the
> conversaions here pt right on my outlook?
>
> "Diane Poremsky" wrote:
>
>> You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an
>> NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag
>> them
>> to a mail folder (in OE) to review later.
>>
>> If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in
>> Outlook then copy and paste the answer into a Post form (Ctrl+Shift+S) in
>> the new folder.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Jeremy" <jeremiah.a.reynolds @ gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL
>> > 2007?
>> > I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of
>> > the
>> > info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for
>> > something.  I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning
>> > every
>> > minute.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

New email message appends an old email to the end
Whenever I open a new email message, below my signature there is an old email message that I wrote several weeks ago. I do not seem to be able to get rid of it. Initially I thought that someone may have inadvertantly added this email to the end of my signature, but I check this and this is not the case. I have also completed deleted this email that I sent from my machine but even so, the old email text is still always in the new email message. Has anyone seen this issue? How can I solve this problem? Did you by any chance play around with Forms? "Phil" <anonymous@dis...

Send of new message in OL2003
Hello Have some problems with OL2003 on WXP SP2, connected to Exchange 2003: After a new messages is composed the send button does not work - nothing happens. If I save the mail, close it and reopen it from the drafts, I can now send it using the send button. Any hint appreciated Franz ...

Free/busy errors on Outlook 2003 since moved to new Database
It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does actually save. Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an error and their previous descriptions are gone. If I get them to log into Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine. It's only since they have been moved. I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck. On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:26:01 -0700, Gonzo <Gonzo@discussions.microsof...

How do I insert text "into" a photograph in Word 2007?
When I took Word 2003 in school, I learned how to insert text into a photgraph, in a (Bubble?) as the text is in comice strips. However, I was given Office 2007 as a gift, and I cannot find anything telling me how to accomplish this. I don't want it above, beside, or underneath the photo, but "in" it. I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me how to accomplish this. Lesley Hart Create a text box (or callout) and format it as In Front of Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "...

Upward Compatability 2003 to 2007
I have bought a new computer and wanted to know if any data base I have done in 2003 Access is upwardly compatible with 2007 Access? Would appreciate any feedback on this. I also have 2003 on my old pc but want to know if I can get the upgrade to 2007 onto my new computer? Thanks for any help, azbirddogatmsn.com Not sure what you're after ... If you have databases in earlier versions of Access, you can migrate/convert them to new versions of Access. Be aware that Office 2007 (and therefore Access 2007) introduced the "Ribbon" as the command interface. Your ol...

Exch 2007 ntfs file permissions
Is there a document available showing all the major areas of Exchange 2007 file structures correct NTFS permissions ? ...

Cisco linksys brand holds 26% of home market
It appears that Linksys is still gaining market share. http://certificationchat.com/content/40-cisco-linksys-brand-holds-26-home-market.html ...

Copying new accounts accoss companies.
Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies? - Thanks, Mike Well, for future additions, I think the G/L Master Record Triggers Professional Services Tool will do that...but there's nothing in the standard system. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Mike Parry" wrote: > Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies? > > - Thanks, Mike ...

Can Excel sequentially number each new document?
We use an Excel Template to generate client proposals and would like that each proposal carries a unique sequential number. Is there a function in Excel that generates unique and sequential numbers every time you open the Template or when you safe it...? Hi, take a look at McGimpsey web http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html "Roland" wrote: > We use an Excel Template to generate client proposals and would like that > each proposal carries a unique sequential number. Is there a function in > Excel that generates unique and sequential num...

Advice please:- i've bought a new laptop and need to transfer across, all my old emails to my new laptop
Hi , i've bought a new laptop and i need to transfer across, all my old emails to my new laptop , as theres quite a lot of important information in the emails spanning around 18months , i really need to keep them. is there a data file i can copy across to my new laptop so that it has all my old emails etc ? is this possible. Advice welcomed. There certainly is, but they vary by data format and location depending on the e-mail client, operating system, and version of each. So for a more detailed answer, post back with that information for both old and new machines, and someone m...

Money 2007 Expired???
Just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2007 Deluxe which I purchased a month ago. Tonight, a window popped up notifying me that my on-line update subscription expired 632 days ago. Now when I try updating quotes and bank credit cards transactions,etc., I get an error message saying "Updates not complete." Running XP Home Any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, BlueYonder wrote: >Just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2007 Deluxe which I purchased a >month ago. > >Tonight, a window popped up notifying me that my on-line update >subscription expired 6...

one to one relation in visio 2007
how can I create many to one or one to many relation in Visio 2007?? The problem that all the relations that we have there are like inheritance... There is no line relation... there is just line with an arrow at the head.. Thank you Look at the properties for the line. Assuming that you selected the Entities correctly, I think that you'll find that there is a one to zero-or- more relationship. The arrow points to the master Entity. HTH "Wael" <Wael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B7D89D-61DB-4A2B-AF56-2539A816E19B@microsoft.com... ...

New Installation Exc 2003
Hello, I' m going to move my exchange server from DC Controler to a new member server under Win2003 SP1. This one is configured with SCSI Hard Drive and raid card controler. The raid level is 5. I m looking for advices to create partitions for exchange. What is the best solution ? I have the partition system (10Go - Win2003) and also another one for the pagefile (5go). It remains 60Go. Do I have to create a partition for Exchange Files, Log Files, SMTP Queue or anything else ? Thanks for you help. fabrice The problem is that you get no real performance benefit from creating ...

Predicting new Ys given new Xs using known relationship for X and
Hello. I know people have posted similar questions about using an existing relationship between X and Y to predict new Ys given new Xs but I think mine has a slightly different twist. I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I have 20 data points for both X and Y. Each X point represents the number of workers on a farm for a particular year over a 20-year period. Each Y point represents the amount of crop harvest each year over that same period. The data is from 1901 to 1920. When I plot the points and fit an exponential trend line I get a high R-square of .9 . I would li...

Can send new email but cannot reply.
Windows XP Professional SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 connected to Exchange 2003 SP2 I can send a new email to an address but get the following message when replying. No attachments and it was occuring only occasionally but now on all. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'target email address' on 5/2/2006 1:02 PM 550 not local host aol.com, not a gateway Thanks for any help. Marc Miller Marc Miller <mjmiller@mjmtech.net> wrote: > Windows XP Professional SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 connected to Exchange > 2003 SP2 > I can send a new email to a...

Conversation filter indents do not show up in Outlook 2007?
I created group by conversation filter in outlook 2007. However, responses to emails do not appear to show up indented as they did in Outlook 2003. Maybe I am missing some setting. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

How to know if a brand new transaction has been saved
Hello to all, When a user opens a screen, for example Payables Transaction Entry, a new Voucher Number is displayed on the form but, since the user hasn't typed anything else on the screen, the changed() function returns false. What I need is the following: a) When the form opens, run the forche changes method, how do I do that? b) If the user selects an existing transaction, run the clear changes method, how do I do that? -- Best regards, Sergio Romero Exactly what are you trying to do? Normally, you can check the 'Display Existing Record' field to see if the transaction...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

Hold Emails at the Server with Outlook 2007
how do I 'hold emails' at the server when I am out of town... similiarly I did this with the old Outlook Express and viewed/deleted emails from another location... Open the account (look in tools, account settings),click on more settings button and look on the advanced tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

How do I import data into Excel from Bloomberg using Excel 2007?
How do I import data into Excel from Bloomberg using Excel 2007 (Microsoft Vista)? I need to import historical prices of 14 tickers into the same workbook. How is the raw data presented? A brief example would help. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Graeme" wrote: > How do I import data into Excel from Bloomberg using Excel 2007 (Microsoft > Vista)? > > I need to import historical prices of 14 tickers into the same workbook. > Try looking here, it may help: http://www.business-sprea...

Branded emails and merge
I want to create a branded email that I can use straight from Outlook. I tried doing it by creating a template in outlook, but that didn't work when people who have hotmail, yahoomail, etc recieved it. It took the text box away from the images, placing the text box on top followed by the image of the email if you scrolled down. So, now I'm here in Publisher trying to create it. I've had success, if I create a document and put the text I'd want in it (similar to a newsletter, but actually an email) and hitting send as email. However, I would like to be able to use th...

Installing Office 2004 on a new Mac
I've used my three Home/Student Edition Office 2004 licenses on installations on two desktop Macs and a laptop. Now, I'm replacing the laptop with a new one. I understand how to move my Office data over to the new laptop by copying the Microsoft User Data file but am concerned about the basic installation of Office 2004. Can I use one of the three licenses over again or somehow transfer the license from my old laptop to my new one or must I buy another three licenses for Office 2004? You can use your old license again. Mac Office does not require activation, unlike Win Office...

Cursor location on New Document in Word

New to VSTools on GP2010
Overall, I like VSTools and am planning on replacing as much of my 100MB(!) VBA file as possible from a prior GP version. Anyway, I'm having a specific problem with the SOP Entry Linescroll fields. I've modified the SOP Entry form and the line scroll, and re-run DAG.exe to update the assemblies. From there, I open a C# .NET form that eventually returns a re- calculated Extended Price to the current line in the Linescroll, using this code: SopEntry1.SopEntry.LineScroll.ExtendedPrice.Value = frmPriceCalc1.GetTotalPrice(); SopEntry1 is a variable that represents "Microsoft.Dexte...