bounce emails #2

Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the email is
no good which you can do in other email programmes.  I am getting emails that
cannot be unsubscribed and I don't want to have to put them in junk email and
then have to empty it all the time.
0
jenniw1 (1)

"jenniw" <jenniw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the
> email is
> no good which you can do in other email programmes.  I am getting
> emails that
> cannot be unsubscribed and I don't want to have to put them in junk
> email and
> then have to empty it all the time.

So what good is bouncing going to do you?  You will still end up with a
copy in Junk mail folder.  You will still waste the time to download the
junk mail from the server to your local e-mail program.  You will waste
bandwidth sending off bogus NDRs (non-delivery reports) and waste more
bandwidth.  You will end up sending those bogus bounces at innocents
that never were involved in that mailing.  You really think spammers use
their own e-mail address?  Anyone that does get the bogus bounce can see
in the headers that it did not come from your mail server.  Those bogus
bounces are themselves spam because you are reflecting the spam with
another new mail, so anyone receiving them can and will report your
bogus bounces as spam and get you blacklisted!

Learn to write rules that delete those mails rather than let them get
dumped in the junk folder.  Learn to use auto-archiving to permanently
delete any mails that go into the Junk folder after they are over a
couple days old.  Get better anti-spam software than the measly junk
filtering included in Outlook (presuming you are using OL2003 since you
never did mention WHICH version you happen to use).

email bounces
When our Linux SMTP server goes down and Exchange then starts sending out the emails directly, we start to see tons of these types of bounces. The problem is not unique to just mindspring, but many other domains as well. When the Linux server is brought back up and is the smtp gateway, everything is fine. So this problem seemingly only happens when Exchange is responsible for sending outbound email to the intenet. Could someone help me on where I need to start looking for the problem...either a configuration on our Exchange server, our external DNS servers, Reverse DNS, etc ? Not sur...

Copying Web Page text to an Access email
Is there any way in to have Access copy the text from a webpage stored in Access. I have a email function in Access and I want the body of the email to come from the text stored on the web page. I want to be able to edit text on this web page and when I run the email function, it will grab the text and send it as the body of the email. Thanks ...

Can receive email; can't send
I've been using Windows Mail for a couple of years including today. However, since mid-afternoon, I have been unable to send email, only receiving. I get this message " Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Thanks', Account: 'mail.persona.ca', Server: 'mail.persona.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" Can someone please help me? How many messages do you have in your inbox a...

Outlook 2003: Incoming email coming in as "Importance: (none)"
My INCOMING email seems to be coming in as "none" importance. So, when I try to sort my emails by Importance and then receive date, there is a group of EMail (almost ALL new) that is under the group name "none". When I look at each of the emails individually, the Importance is set at NORMAL 2 Questions: -- How do I change the existing incoming Email to "(none)" to Normal? Do I have to do each one individually? -- How do I ensure that my new incoming Emails come in as "Normal" or "Low" or "High" and NOT "(no...

Email merge #2
I am running an email merge from Access into Word into Outlook (I am using a form letter with the fields being updated from an Access table). All of the emails I have tested are being received by people in my office, however, I am not getting a read receipt notification even though I have my default options set to receive one. This is a problem because I need to know that the email has been read. Any ideas? ...

Messages bounced
I am curious why my messages are getting taken off the server. I have been trying to find out why I can not get perfmon to connect and I have sent 2 different messages on differet groups (not at the same time) and they are getting taken off the server. I know they are being taken off the server because one of the times the message was there, then an hour later it was gone. My reader said the message was no longer on the server. There is no inflammatory language but clearly something is wrong. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks, Tom Your post r...

Getting email on Microsoft Outlook
I would like to know how to switch my email over to Microsoft outlook 2003 from Outlook Express. I have tried and it won't change. Go to Internet Explorer, Tools | Internet Options | Programs and set the e-mail program there. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036c01c3a49a$1ea4c6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like...

com object help! #2
hi folks! I am new at customizing rms. I am trying to add a new item to the POS by clicking the custom button.. curently the code that i am writing is(vb6): Public Function process(session As QSRules.SessionClass) As Boolean dim Additem as object Additem= session.Transaction.Entries.Add(0, "123", 1, 0, False, 0) process=true end function This is working fine when i register the dll and assign the class file to the custom button but this is what i want: When i click the custom button a form should load and the form will have a button called "additem" and whenever i cl...

Bounce Message: Relaying Denied
Why do I and my users get the following bounce message when sending to only one specific domain (myvendor.com)? Please help! Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Test email Sent: 11/16/2006 4:42 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'myvendor.com' on 11/16/2006 4:42 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myexchangeserver.domain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <test@myvendor.com>... Relaying denied: You must ...

Publisher 2003 #2
Will Publisher 2003 open previous versions? ...

Email sent but not transmitted
I would appreciate any help with my email problems that have suddenly started. Whenever I send an email, it goes into the outbox and then ends up in sent items but it seems that the email is not being transmitted as it not being received by anyone including emails sent to myself. No error messages received. I am using windows xp pro sp2 with MS Office 2003 pro and WinXP default firewall and Norton Antivirus 2003. The problem occurs with both Outlook 2003 and Outlook express and I have tried 2 different ISPs. Webmail works with both ISPs. I had not installed any software nor change...

cannot send email 04-14-10
limit reached errror 0x800CCC61 ?? cannot send out it mentioned I reached the limit for the day.. ? how to unlock this limit. sounds ridiculous Any limits are placed by the email account provider. Ask them. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "pearl" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:#Im$ml82KHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > limit reached errror 0x800CCC61 ?? cannot send out it mentioned I > reached the limit for the day.. ? how to unlock this limit. sounds > ridiculous > > --- >...

bounce emails
Anyone know of any add on software I can use (other than Spam Inspector), where when I receive an email message I can bounce it back to the sender so it looks like I didn't get it? TIA On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:02:51 +1030, "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote: >Anyone know of any add on software I can use (other than Spam Inspector), >where when I receive an email message I can bounce it back to the sender so >it looks like I didn't get it? > MailWasher will do that but 'bouncing' is really not a good practice, as it doesn't always...

Unable to send emails. Can receive emails
I get the following error message when sync email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ski Trip' Server: 'smtp.comcast.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 I have tried checking SSL to see if this woule correct the problem but is has not. Any help would be appreciated David I don't know why checking SSL would be appropriate. According to the error message, (that seems to lack a little info), SSL was checked before /this/ error message appeared. Uncheck it. I ...

change default font #2
Using Publisher 2007 and Windows XP Any way to change the default font style and size for all future publications?? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OAIQG7LgJHA.564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Publisher 2007 and Windows XP > > Any way to change the default font style and size for all future > publications?? > Thanks, Mary. I knew this at one time but had forgotten. Sure wish they wo...

setting up an email account #2
I just added outlook to my computer for the first time and I have gone through the tutorial to set up my email. However, I continue to get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found" and I am unable to send or receive any messages. I have double checked my email and password. I am at a loss. Please help! Thanks! Outlook version? What happened when you used Test Account Settings? -- -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.mi...

Emails not routed for particular email addresses
Hi I have 2 domains, one is say @abc.com and another @abc.com.au. One user is say jeremyb@abc.com.au (default) and another say jeremy.box@abc.com. Even though I have updated the recipient policy with the abc.com domain and the email address is listed on the email address tab, emails are not getting forwarded to his jeremyb@abc.com.au they go to the undeliverable mail. I am using the POP3 connector. I have also tried using routing rules without success. For some reason any emails sent to jeremy.box@abc.com are not arriving at the default email address of jeremyb@abc.com. Any ideas?...

Time #2
I need to be able to click on a cell and have it be populated with the current HH:MM:SS. I know ctrl+shift+; will do the job but I need it to be even more simple than that for the end users. One way: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Range("J1") If Not Intersect(Target, .Cells) Is Nothing Then .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "HH:MM:SS" End If End With End Sub ...

If Primary E-Recipient Bounces, Do Cc's Bounce too?
I just sent an important message to a recipient who apparently has lost her AOL account. I Cc'd the message to a MSN client and another AOL user. Will these messages successfully reach these clients, or will the failure of the primary recipient mean they bounce? Thank you. On 4/10/2005 6:48:57 AM, =?Utf-8?B?SGlsYXJ5?= wrote: >I just sent an important message to a recipient who apparently has lost her >AOL account. I Cc'd the message to a MSN client and another AOL user. Will >these messages successfully reach these clients, or will the failure of the >primary re...

emails with a pdf attachment do not get sent
If I send emails with a pdf attached they do not reach the receipient. They appear in my sent box and I have no idea there is a problem until the person I sent it to tells me it was not received. I no not get any error messages and the email is not returned to me. Word attachments work without a problem. Can anyone help? If a message appears in Sent Items, then it was received by your ISP intact an the problem lies from that point on. Most likely, this recipient is blocking the messages in some way. I doubt it's your problem, but the only exception to seeing a message i...

Emailing Spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that I update daily and email to various employees. When I click on the email icon within Excel it brings up a To: Cc:, etc type setup. I am able to choose from my address book and send from Excel. This is so cool. However, when it is received and printed, it prints lots of blank pages. When I print from my station, I am able to set the print area, but when it is emailed that isn't an option. Is there someway to set the emailed area? Thanks. Rosy When you email sheet contents as the message text (which I think you're doing as opposed to emailing the worksh...

using 2004 on two comps. simultaneously #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC hi My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks C Silverman Los Angeles, CA On 10/31/09 7:45 PM, in article 59b7fb66.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com" <Chuck_Silverman@officeformac.com> wrote: > My wife and I both use Office 2004. We cannot use Word simultaneously. If one > of us is using it, the other's closes. Is there a workaround for this? No...

Yahoo Emails?
I use Outlook 2003. Whenever someone send me email from a Yahoo account my Outlook has to restart. (An error has occured and your Outlook needs to restart). AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8010.0 AppStamp:43d16d53 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:411096b4 fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001142e Please help! -- K.J.B. Aloha K.J.B., How odd. Did you try running Detect & Repair? (Help menu) -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I use Outlook 2003. Whenever some...

mx records #2
Hi I have two email domains in my environment e.g. @test1 and @test2. My mail is hosted at a webhosts in pop accounts. Is it possible to use a mx record to poll the mail to my internal domain and then have Exchange perform the necessary routing to the intended users. thanks Hi - what version of Exchange? For Exchange 2000, see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html for instructions on how to get Exchange to receive Internet mail sent via SMTP, the way it's meant to do (will apply pretty well to E2003 too) - for Exchange 5.5, see http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index...

View another email address under local folders
Anyone know how to add another email folder in my local folders. I have 2 that a need to monitor and don't want to keep going back and forth between the two. I have windows.vista.mail "Windows Mail" Essentially you cannot, not in the manner you are accustomed to, unless you are using IMAP instead of POP3. You can however make rules that automatically categorizes messages. "Kathy Simoneaux" <jsimoneaux2@cox.net> wrote in message news:ew7tqyWnKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to add another email folder in my local folders. &...