bookmarking

What does bookmark an address mean and how do I do it?
0
Paul297 (622)

What kind of an address? email, internet? It usually means to add it to the
Favorites folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> What does bookmark an address mean and how do I do it?

0
dianenws (1904)

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to open a Word document and go through all of the bookmarks to extract data. In the 'test' database it compiles and works fine, but when I have copied the code onto the application where I want to incorporate it I get a compile error of Variable not Defined. The error highlights "FormField" in the line of code below. I have checked the References and everything is the same in both databases - anyone got any ideas of why this would be happening? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks My gu...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

.Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
I am at a loss. I have a button on a subform (continuous) to select a record to display on another subform, which has some onCurrent events. This works just fine but does take a few seconds and I wish to display a please wait label on the parent of the subform that houses the button. The label is visible, I have ensured that. When user selects the button to display a record, the label should be visible but is not. When I step through it is made visible correctly, but the net effect for user is that the label is never visible. Code: Forms![frm1 Client]!Reservationfrm.Form!lblPleas...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

bookmarks
booksmarks ...

Bookmark Not Valid
hello everyone I have tried everything, but cannot connect Bookmark not valid and to top it off My Administrator Account will not let me logon Interactively I run SBS Premium with all users on Xp pro and Outlook 2k3 I have not had a problem up until this point then it started with teh sync issues default offline address book Matthew - Have you rebooted the SBS server (which should also be your one-and-only Global Catalog)? -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please ...

Bookmark
Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to create an email newsletter which should include links to specific text within the newsletter. For example I start with a table of contents and would like to link to the specific paragraphs and then also have Back to Top link. So far what I found is that it is NOT possible to do that. Has anybody found a workaround?? Thanks for your help TomAL wrote: > Is there any way to create Bookmarks in a publication? I want to > create an email newsletter which should include links to specific > text within the newsletter. For e...

bookmark
I am using a bookmark to return to edited record after a requery. I get an error if the record is new. I used: If Not Me.NewRecord Then iBook=Me.BookMark End IF Me.Requery If Not Me.NewRecord Then Me.BookMark=iBook End IF But this still results in an error since after the requery the record is not new. What syntax do I need to accomplish this? Thanks -- sam The way I handle this is to define my own new-record boolean variable. When you create a new record, set the variable to TRUE. It will stay true until you reset it yourself at the appropriate time. You may need to dim the v...

"The bookmark is not valid"
Exchange server 2003, Outlook 2003 currently use pop3, try to add Exhange account, then select check name get the error bookmark is not valid. Webmail works. Any idea what is wrong? ...

combobox bookmark
Hi All, I do use a combobox within my email form. This box lookes within a query for a companyname and passes through the corresponding email address and contactid. I am able to use the information as I select the companyname through the pull down menu.(after update) strC = Me![ComboEmail].Column(2) strB = Me![ComboEmail].Column(1) strA = Me![ComboEmail].Column(0) MsgBox "Combo tells strA (0) = " & strA & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strB (1)= " & strB & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strC (2)= " & strC Me!EmailAddress.Value = strC...

link from outlook to word bookmark opens doc but not at bookmark
I want to put a link into an email (Outlook 2003) to open a Word doc right at a bookmark. When I test the link (by sending the email to myself and clicking the link), it opens the Word doc, but at the top of the doc, not at the bookmark. I know the bookmark works, because when I paste the link into another Word doc and click it, it opens the target Word doc right at the bookmark. Any insight? Yeah, this disappoints me too. I cannot make this work anywhere except in the Word document. Nikki "JOH" <JOHolloway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:564ef8a3-6760-4bfb-9845-3ec86df...

Invalid Bookmark
I am getting a weird message on a Windows 98 machine running Outlook 2000. When it tries to connect to the exchange server it says - Unable to connect to server. The bookmark is invalid. Any ideas - Anyone? I've tried Detect and Repair, uninstall and reinstall of Office. Thanks ...

import/export bookmarks ..
Hi, Is it possible to export/import bookmarks from VS 2005? My work environment is using VSS. From time to time, I would have to override my local version of programs with the server's (when difference is too huge). Then I had everything new in the *.vcproj. However, bookmarks (or even debugging break points) are the ones that I don't want to lose. Just like visual options can be imported/exported, I wonder if I can do the same thing for bookmarks per sln (solution). Thanks for any help. Tony ...

Bookmarks
How do I creat bookmarks in my publisher 2002 Newsletter? Publisher does not have that feature. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "ESDCAR" <ESDCAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC9BEB8F-C688-4700-BEC9-B71319298DE3@microsoft.com... > How do I creat bookmarks in my publisher 2002 Newsletter? ...

Why have to use bookmark = recordsetclone.bookmark twice?
Why do we have to use "frm.BookMark = frm.RecordsetClone.Bookmark" twice consecutively to locate a record in one large data set when we can otherwise use that statement only once in any other large data set? In a datasheet view form, we are using the double-click event to open a single record edit view form for the record that was double-clicked on. The data has been repaired/compacted; even appended to a completely new data set and the behavior is the same. We have tried canceling any of the event procedures in the edit view form but still no luck. The edit view form uses a...

bookmarking
What does bookmark an address mean and how do I do it? What kind of an address? email, internet? It usually means to add it to the Favorites folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Bookmark not valid #2
On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA.. Any ideas??? Event Log: Event ID 9126 OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be available for client download. - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List Event ID 9330 OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active Directory Domain Controller for '...

Not a Valid Bookmark
A table in my Acc 03 database has started to reject edits and adds. The message "Not a Valid Bookmark" comes up. The Help screen is no help; also tried the KB - no help there either. Things I have tried to correct condition: 1. Compact/Repair 2. Make-table query 3. Copy and Paste Append in to a new table 4. Importing into a new database None worked. Can you help?? Thanks in advance for your assistance. You will need to recreate the table, without the bad record. Details of how to copy the other records without the bad one: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted...

Link to Bookmark
Is there a way to send someone a link to a bookmark inside a word doc or a way to open word to a bookmark short of programming the doc to open to the same spot for everyone that uses the doc? ...

Bookmark FindFirst broken after 450 records
In Access 2003. I have a form, and a subsiquent pop-up form. Here's the code on the parent form (called directly from a command button click event): Private Sub SizeWeightForm() 'Open the size/weight form DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSizeWeight" 'Move to current record Forms.frmSizeWeight.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[PRODUCT_ID] = '" & Me.PRODUCT_ID & "'" Forms.frmSizeWeight.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark End Sub This code has worked for just over 450 records. Now it won't run for any subsiquent records, although it continues to work ...

Viewing Bookmarks
Suppose a place a bookmark in my document and open that document after 1 week. Most probably i would have forgotten that i even have placed a bookmark. What i want to know is if there is a way that upon opening a document the bookmarks i have created appear so i can know what is where. If this is not possible then anything that come near it is acceptable from me. For example if there is a view that can provide such info. I use word 2003 Thanks Tools - Options - View, and put a check next to Bookmarks. They'll show up as [brakets] around text or as an I-beam if you put a ...

Bookmarking feature for the discussion group topics
Just in case you're still working on a specific problem presented as a topic in this forum, you can always go back to topic more easily (similar to reply notification). Bookmarked topics to be included the user profile. -- Thanks and kind regards ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Bibliography Bookmarks
I have a custom referencing style that uses hyperlinks for the references. It seems to do this by creating bookmarks at each entry in the bibliography. However these bookmarks are lost if I update the bibliography field. They will then re-appear if I re-select the referencing style in the referencing menu. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and a way around it? Thanks Try updating the bibliography field once more (so 2 times in total). That should do the trick as well. As to why the bookmarks are disappearing? Word adds the new bibliography first (including th...

adding bookmark
Word 2007, Windows XP Professional: I'm trying to add a bookmark but when I type in the bookmark name in the bookmark name box, the Add button is greyed out. I'm not using any spaces. The place I want to bookmark is within a "table title" style but I didn't think that would matter. I even tried placing the cursor directly into the table and the "add" button is still greyed. Also, I deleted all the OLE_LINK bookmarks. The "add" button was available when they were there but when I tried to type in a new bookmark name it would turn grey. Am ...

Bookmarks for WMP
Is it possible to bookmark one or more positions in a video file stored on my harddrive? Back in 2007 someone said No, it's not possible. Any change since then? Many thanks for any help. -- CH No, as far as I know, it still isn't possible. The Windows Media Player Plus! plug-in, however, can save the current position when you exit WMP, and restore that position when WMP is started again: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=80263 Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 25/04/2010 17:25, Craig Harlan wrote: > Is it p...